Mar 2021
Make sure to take Your vitamins.... 😉

Cheers
L-zr
IMG_6733.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
You know what, I thought that my friend lent me a regular HL5.

But it turns out that it was actually a provincial W968. No wonder I felt the blade was so nice. It actually seemed to be crisper and snappier than I remember HL5 being.
I got that too bruh. Currently using both H3 on both sides. I'm feeling hard to play a little bit on the backhand (take time use to, I guess?) , but the forehand is wonderful, anything actions short in table is god damn good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Is HL5 really that good? Is W968 worth the extra $$$$?

I have the feeling that the cost to make one HL5 or W968 is probably only USD 100 at most (I can be wrong on this). But since the Great Ma Long is using it, so they think they can charge hundreds dollar more and people will still buy it.

I think everybody learns from BTY who put a name "stamp" to a Viscaria or Innerforce ALC/ZLC and then charge extra $$$.

This happens to Tibhar as well. It used to be cheap for blades that have Samsonov name, but then suddenly there is Tibhar VS Unlimited and it is much more expensive than other Samsonov blades from Tibhar.

Now, back to the question, is it really that good?

I had a chance to try a blade from my friend. HL5 with boosted H3 (provincial grade) and BH rubber that I don't remember. I played with it for like 5 minutes but I could not really feel anything special with that blade. I mean I could do everything that I do well, but could not get any special feeling from it. Unlike Nittaku Acoustic, which I really notice the difference in feeling compared to, let's say, BTY Korbel.

So my point is more on the special feeling, not performance wise of HLong 5.

I still need to find a friend who plays with W968 so I can borrow it to try.

EDIT: I hope that I don't invite mass hysteria who shout "SACRILEGE !!!!!!" "DOWN WITH MIGHTYMOUSE"

Reactions: Choosikick
says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
As with many topics in EJying, the "feel" of a blade is very, very subjective. Depending on your sensitivity for certain characteristics. Some are more sensitive in the hardness of the top ply, some are more sensitive to the feedback (vibration) a blade gives, some are reacting the to the stiffness etc. All this together makes one blade marvelous for a group of people, while others will dislike one or several of the "features".
I try a lot of blades and can tell, that I have a tendency for certain combinations, but I'm also honest with myself, that most probably in a blind test, I would not be able to tell a difference between a 800$ W986 and a regular HL5 (and maybe even a 35$ Stuor copy) as long as they are in the same weight range.
And another truth from long term EJing. It does not change your USATT, TTR or any other rating. In TT we need to adapt to so many different conditions (light, table, floor, balls etc) that as long as you play your material for a certain period, it won't influence your win/loose chances to a great margin, as you will adapt to it (maybe leaving out special materials like anti, long pips etc).

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019

I have the feeling that the cost to make one HL5 or W968 is probably only USD 100 at most (I can be wrong on this). But since the Great Ma Long is using it, so they think they can charge hundreds dollar more and people will still buy it.

I think everybody learns from BTY who put a name "stamp" to a Viscaria or Innerforce ALC/ZLC and then charge extra $$$.

This happens to Tibhar as well. It used to be cheap for blades that have Samsonov name, but then suddenly there is Tibhar VS Unlimited and it is much more expensive than other Samsonov blades from Tibhar.

I had a chance to try a blade from my friend. HL5 with boosted H3 (provincial grade) and BH rubber that I don't remember. I played with it for like 5 minutes but I could not really feel anything special with that blade. I mean I could do everything that I do well, but could not get any special feeling from it. Unlike Nittaku Acoustic, which I really notice the difference in feeling compared to, let's say, BTY Korbel.

EDIT: I hope that I don't invite mass hysteria who shout "SACRILEGE !!!!!!" "DOWN WITH MIGHTYMOUSE"
The more $ the more spin and bling!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well

Well any blade is only marginally better at best. Its not like a ferrari vs camry