Mizuno Q Quality a cheap and performant tensor that matches Tenergy 05 at half price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Its a great rubber - so is Q Power, which is my favourite FH rubber right now.
I was reading yourself and Zwill raving about Q Power in this thread before purchasing Qquality 😂 The quite harder sponge and heavier weight (i assume) put me off a little however I'll definitely be looking to try it at some point as Mizuno have really impressed me so far

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I was reading yourself and Zwill raving about Q Power in this thread before purchasing Qquality 😂 The quite harder sponge and heavier weight (i assume) put me off a little however I'll definitely be looking to try it at some point as Mizuno have really impressed me so far
It feels softer than the 52.5 that it is - more like 50 or so (Similar to Bluestar A2) and also not that heavy (lighter than D09C I have on my other blade) I feel it just has a little more control and top end than QQ. I didn’t like Q5 however as it was too lively.

Reactions: mikeytt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hi what are the benefits of Q Power over QQ on FH? Topsheet is same or not ?
I am not sure on the top sheet, but it does not feel the same. I guess it depends on what you like - if you are looking for a medium sponge rubber, closer to T05 then QQ is a good bet. If you prefer a harder sponge like D09c or R53 then Q Power is better. I prefer the balance between power and control with Q power - it just feels better to me as a FH dominant player, yet remains accessible given it’s 52.5 deg sponge.

This user has no status.
I just remembered about the Xiom Vega Europe, that is a nice intermediate rubber too.
But honestly I don't think its price can compete with Q1, Q1 is like 3600JPY ~24-5EUR. Sure shipping is probably double from Japan than from EU in cost and there is also VAT and some duty fee, but I doubt that Vega Europe can be bought for less than 30EUR in EU.

I am not sure on the top sheet, but it does not feel the same. I guess it depends on what you like - if you are looking for a medium sponge rubber, closer to T05 then QQ is a good bet. If you prefer a harder sponge like D09c or R53 then Q Power is better. I prefer the balance between power and control with Q power - it just feels better to me as a FH dominant player, yet remains accessible given it’s 52.5 deg sponge.
Hey guys, What are your thoughts while comparing Z2 and Q power on Forehand? As a Penhold player, weight is quite significantly important to me. Currently, I have Mantra Pro XH on FH and V>11 E on BH(total weight 178g). I tried to upgrade my BH rubber to Z2 recently and couldn't handle the total weight of 188g.

I have decided to replace my FH with Z2 max, which I had a good experience with, so I could have more room to upgrade the BH; I am currently l am thinking about the QQ. Your experience with Q Power sounds very tempting. BTW, I weighed my spare Mantra XH the other day, it weighs 78 g.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hey guys, What are your thoughts while comparing Z2 and Q power on Forehand (total weight 178g)? As a Penhold player, weight is quite significantly important to me. Currently, I have Mantra Pro XH on FH and V>11 E on BH. I tried to upgrade my BH rubber to Z2 recently and couldn't handle the total weight of 188g.

I have decided to replace my FH with Z2 max, which I had a good experience with, so I could have more room to upgrade the BH; I am currently l am thinking about the QQ. Your experience with Q Power sounds very tempting. BTW, I weighed my spare Mantra XH the other day, it weighs 78 g.
I've been using QQuality for some months now (fantastic rubber btw) , I wouldn't class it as a lightweight rubber but it's not overly heavy either. I've had a few black 2.1 sheets cut to a mizuno fortius FT blade weighing around 50g, and 2.1 Red sheets are 49g.

Uncut 2.1 Qquality Black = 68g
Uncut 2.1 Qquality Red = 67g

This user has no status.
I've been using QQuality for some months now (fantastic rubber btw) , I wouldn't class it as a lightweight rubber but it's not overly heavy either. I've had a few black 2.1 sheets cut to a mizuno fortius FT blade weighing around 50g, and 2.1 Red sheets are 49g.

My experience with Z2 is pretty similar, I haven't got a chance to weight but the black is heavier than the red.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
My experience with Z2 is pretty similar, I haven't got a chance to weight but the black is heavier than the red.
Q Power is a bit lighter than the Mantra XH.
The Mantra Pro M is lighter than QQ and H2 and for me it's a much better BH rubber.

But for just FH use I think the QQ is better than Mantra Pro M since QQ has this hard feeling when you hit it harder. But of course it depends on playing style too. My clubmates use the Mantra M on their FH with great success.

This user has no status.

Q Power is a bit lighter than the Mantra XH.
The Mantra Pro M is lighter than QQ and H2 and for me it's a much better BH rubber.

But for just FH use I think the QQ is better than Mantra Pro M since QQ has this hard feeling when you hit it harder. But of course it depends on playing style too. My clubmates use the Mantra M on their FH with great success.
Guys, I was was asking for comparison between Q power and Z2 on FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hey guys, What are your thoughts while comparing Z2 and Q power on Forehand (total weight 178g)? As a Penhold player, weight is quite significantly important to me. Currently, I have Mantra Pro XH on FH and V>11 E on BH. I tried to upgrade my BH rubber to Z2 recently and couldn't handle the total weight of 188g.

I think QP is a good FH rubber - I preferred it to both QQ and Z2 as it is less bouncy and a little harder (on it’s way to D09c territory) It is heavier however so this may be a problem for you.

This user has no status.
I think QP is a good FH rubber - I preferred it to both QQ and Z2 as it is less bouncy and a little harder (on it’s way to D09c territory) It is heavier however so this may be a problem for you.
yeah I guess I have to stuck with my old plan, after all I found z2 is a little bit too hard for backhand, especially the black color