Mizuno Q Quality a cheap and performant tensor that matches Tenergy 05 at half price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Got my two sheets today - amazing service from TT Japan - 6 working days + a weekend and it's in the UK with no issues at all. I will be using them again for sure.

Interesting that weight uncut for black is 71g and red is 66g so a difference I did not expect.

Report to follow once I have tried it..

Reactions: latej and Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Got my two sheets today - amazing service from TT Japan - 6 working days + a weekend and it's in the UK with no issues at all. I will be using them again for sure.

Interesting that weight uncut for black is 71g and red is 66g so a difference I did not expect.

Report to follow once I have tried it..
I had a similar weight difference between the two rubbers. Red is a bit softer in my opinion.

Reactions: Wrighty67
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I had a similar weight difference between the two rubbers. Red is a bit softer in my opinion.
Does it seem that the weight difference comes just from the topsheet? I have two sheets of MX-S, one red one black both max, I haven't weighed them but the sponge on the black one is denser and visibly less porous than red, and the red one is a bit more dynamic.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
So I’ve played with QQ on both sides for about 8h over two days at a camp, so first/early impressions. It’s on a Bill alc (sane as my Hammond is on)

It feels great, but less dynamic and slower than Z2. It’s softer for sure and feels a tad more controlled. I’m going to try my original set up with Z2 tomorrow for camp day 3 and try to evaluate further..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
That was my thinking too - I am interested to see if they play differently as a result (as one would expect them too)
i think it is significant slowlier than Z2. most of mizuno rubbers are so safe and durable

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
i think it is significant slowlier than Z2. most of mizuno rubbers are so safe and durable
Q quality is definitely slower than Z2 but Its not slow - I feel it‘s quite similar in feel and speed to Tibhar MK Hybrid. On my Boll ALC QQ feels safe as you say and I am probably a little bit more consistent than with Z2.

I have a sheet of Q5 coming which I am interested to try on FH.

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
A further report back on the Q quality after a few solid weeks of playing both practice drills and matches. In short, I like it very much - it's no doubt slower and less dynanic than Z2 or Tenergy, but is commensurately easier to control and certainly does not lack in speed or spin. It does feel a little like MK hybrid but a little faster.

I find it very good for looping and has very high spin levels and works really well on my Boll ALC.

I wouldn't rule out using Z2 on one side and QQ on the other but to be honest not sure which on which side yet.

I have another set of QQ on it's way and also a sheet of Q5 as I am keen to try this on FH side.

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Hey all

I am keen to know if anyone has tried Q power yet?

I have found QQ solid but a bit uninspiring and have reverted to Z2 on BH and Donic Bluestar A1 on FH (52.5) so was keen to see if Q Power might be a good FH rubber.

I have just put my sheet of 1.9 Q5 on my Boll Spirit to try - keen to see how that plays compared to QQ.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
So I wanted to report back, having played with Q5 and Q power.

Q5 - was too much for me and very similar to T05 in speed and bounce and spin sensitivity. Ultimately not the rubber for me.

Q Power on the other hand was a revelation. I have two Ovtcharov blades I use. Both have Z2 on the BH and one has D09c on the FH and the other has Q power.

I had expected Q power to struggle to hold up vs D09c in terms of spin and control but I was wrong. It is very nearly as spinny but much easier to access the spin and the speed and seems to be a bit more forgiving given its softer sponge. For a non hybrid (it’s grippy but not tacky) it is very spinny and easy to control in the touch game. It’s probably closer to Blueststar A1 but feels a touch softer.

I’m very impressed and have ordered more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I was so into the Q Power after playing with the Q Quality until Stiga released the Mantra Pros. Now I'm like I know the difference between Q Quality and Mantra Pro M and I think Mantra Pro M is better, well I would say better in most situations on BH.
Q Quality I would take over Mantra Pro M on FH side I think, but there is Mantra Pro XH. And now there is Q Power which should be similar in hardness but the pip structure seems to be a bit different and Mantra Pro is closer to the H3 pip structure while Mizuno Q Quality and Power seem to be closer to Tenergy05 or D05. I don't know why but I feel more ease of use in the bit shorter pips of H3/Mantra Pro with the increasing column diameter towards the top. (Especially in counterplay)
1703114345937.png

But! If I would play in a lower league I would take T05 or V>15 since lower-level players don't put much energy in the ball so I would ask for all the help from the rubber that I can get.
It's a totally different game to play against a guy/gal who uses anti or some dead Sriver from 1973 than some higher level player who has good spin and speed and can vary it on demand. Against weaker players, I would take T05 or V>15 any day over Mantra Pro. (H3 in this regards in a liability)
I mean I don't know about you guys but hitting a knuckleball with quality spin and speed is not that trivial and Tenergy05 is really good in that department and so is Q Quality.

Anyways Mantra Pro is pretty cheap from TT-Japan, the XH is certainly significantly cheaper than Q Power, and on higher level it works better than the Mizuno offering since it's easier to use and not that sensitive.

I would take the Q Qualty and Q Power over pretty much most ESN offerings, maybe I would consider G-1/ V>15 for backhand and for forehand Tibhar K2 or Golden Tango. But I'm glad Daiki is so competitive now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I was so into the Q Power after playing with the Q Quality until Stiga released the Mantra Pros. Now I'm like I know the difference between Q Quality and Mantra Pro M and I think Mantra Pro M is better, well I would say better in most situations on BH.
Q Quality I would take over Mantra Pro M on FH side I think, but there is Mantra Pro XH. And now there is Q Power which should be similar in hardness but the pip structure seems to be a bit different and Mantra Pro is closer to the H3 pip structure while Mizuno Q Quality and Power seem to be closer to Tenergy05 or D05. I don't know why but I feel more ease of use in the bit shorter pips of H3/Mantra Pro with the increasing column diameter towards the top. (Especially in counterplay)
View attachment 27837
But! If I would play in a lower league I would take T05 or V>15 since lower-level players don't put much energy in the ball so I would ask for all the help from the rubber that I can get.
It's a totally different game to play against a guy/gal who uses anti or some dead Sriver from 1973 than some higher level player who has good spin and speed and can vary it on demand. Against weaker players, I would take T05 or V>15 any day over Mantra Pro. (H3 in this regards in a liability)
I mean I don't know about you guys but hitting a knuckleball with quality spin and speed is not that trivial and Tenergy05 is really good in that department and so is Q Quality.

Anyways Mantra Pro is pretty cheap from TT-Japan, the XH is certainly significantly cheaper than Q Power, and on higher level it works better than the Mizuno offering since it's easier to use and not that sensitive.

I would take the Q Qualty and Q Power over pretty much most ESN offerings, maybe I would consider G-1/ V>15 for backhand and for forehand Tibhar K2 or Golden Tango. But I'm glad Daiki is so competitive now.
Interesting feedback. I have a sheet of DNA pro hybrid H and DNA platinum H to try as these are both 50 deg and although a little softer than QPower for FH the hybrid has more tackiness. The plat may be similar to my Z2 on BH.

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I've been using Q quality for about 20 hours on my Fortius FT and I have to say the rubber is amazing. I've been using it on my forehand and have never felt so confident in my open ups. An aspect of the game in which the rubber really excels at in my opinion is counter hitting. I previously struggled with counter drives using Victas V20 on my forehand (perhaps it was too hard), but with Q quality I feel as I can hit through any amount of topspin quite comfortably to perform a quality counter drive. I have no complaints about the rubber thus far.
IMG_7877.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I've been using Q quality for about 20 hours on my Fortius FT and I have to say the rubber is amazing. I've been using it on my forehand and have never felt so confident in my open ups. An aspect of the game in which the rubber really excels at in my opinion is counter hitting. I previously struggled with counter drives using Victas V20 on my forehand (perhaps it was too hard), but with Q quality I feel as I can hit through any amount of topspin quite comfortably to perform a quality counter drive. I have no complaints about the rubber thus far.
View attachment 27940
Its a great rubber - so is Q Power, which is my favourite FH rubber right now.

Reactions: mikeytt