Mizuno Q Quality a cheap and performant tensor that matches Tenergy 05 at half price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Tonight I will post pics.

One more note I have glued and peeled glue from the rubber 2-3 times and its not shrinking, the sponge is not tearing when peeling the glue. Q5 was pretty good in this regards too its almost like peeling from D09c or H8-80.

Today I'm trying these on my Mizutani SZLC, I just wonder what the extra bounce and a bit of more softness will cause if the Mizutani will be softer at all. Joola ZQ SALC is really hard lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018

Q Quality 1.jpg

Q Quality 2.jpg

Q Quality 3.jpg

Well better late than never.
On Mizutani SZLC it felt awesome on the FH. On backhand it wasn't too shabby either but definitely needs some adjustments. I'm told however that it's less spinny with that blade compared to ZQ SALC, but it was even easier to use on FH.

Reactions: ttarc and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
@Zwill,
can you check the current prices on the Q1, QQ compared to what you paid? I just refreshed the pages and it seems like the price might have increases from when i checked last week. I was unable to get to the site for a few days and wonder if something changed.

thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
yep, that's currently $31.94 usd for me. I think that the sites has a lot of variability on prices due to the exchange rate. I swear that when i checket at one point, QQ was only $27ish. I guess you have to monitor/track things to make sure you are not paying too much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Can you post any pics?
How is this rubber affected by humidity?
I tried them today again. Humidity does not affect them in the slightest. The topsheet feels super dry even in the worst of hot and humid conditions.
-------------------------------------

I glued it on my BH side replacing the G-1. It's faster out of the pack than G-1 boosted.
It's shockingly spinnier than G-1. It grips better than G-1, and it's less linear too.
G-1 is lovely, it is a very linear rubber. You hit harder it compresses harder, it stretches more and longer. It does it in a linear and predictable way. I like it a lot. It works on most blades. One can stick a G-1 on a Viscaria or W968 and feel safe using it.

Q quality seems like a bit of a quirky beast. Like I said the topsheet is very dry, even in humid conditions.
It grips better than G-1. It is harder and faster than G-1 boosted and it is not even linear. Q quality compresses fairly easily to a point then further compression takes a bit of an effort, and max compression might even take all your might. It sure takes mine...

So previously I used the Q quality on outer ZLC blades and on FH side it felt magical, especially with the Mizutani SZLC.
But on the BH side, I felt that the ball bounced off the blade sooner than the rubber could do its thing. It's like on the BH the ball was deflected rather than "caught and processed".

So I tried in on the W968. W968 has a rather soft and elastic top 2 plies I had none of this weird sensation on BH. It has plenty of contact time, the rubber could snap back and do its thing. It was better than G-1 in all aspects to be honest. And even though W968 is a slower blade than a Mizutani SZLC still it felt faster and more alive.
And the banana flick.... like damn, the Q quality can do a nasty banana flick. It is fast and long and spinny as hell.

Then just for giggles I flipped it on my FH side too. Coming off from hard Chinese rubbers I felt that it has a lot more bounce, like a ton more. More consistent arc, it liked to stretch under fairly light contact, but I did some hard hits too and I felt the bottom strength is there. Hell, maybe it's even more there than many harder Chinese rubbers.

I think it works better with W968 type blade, or Innerforce ALC, possibly even Innerforce ZLC blade than outer ZLC or ALC.

Q quality is light, seems to be rather durable, it's soft and hard depending how hard you swing, grip is better than great... Dang, it sure came alive on the W968.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Funny thing I noticed... I normally use Revolution Cleaner and Rejuvenator. I like it since it works with Chinese and ESN rubbers, but particularly with ESN, it kind of does some rejuvenation, or at least it seems that way.

With Q Quality it doesn't do much, maybe even makes it worse??? Not sure about this, it cleans it for sure but doesn't seem like it rejuvenate at all.

So from before I also have the Revolution Bio Cleaner, which is the blue soapy water, at least it smells like soapy water.
That just works like magic in bringing back so much grip, it makes the rubber new if not better. The rubber is so dry by default, it's so dry that it sucks in the water and becomes more lively and grippy.

Funny way I discovered it was that I was lazy to get my "normal Cleaner and Rejuvenator" and the Bio cleaner was in my reach so I just used it and it blew my mind.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
One weird thing about this rubber is it's soft and hard. If I have a thin contact with the ball and try to stretch the topsheet it's really soft. But if I open the racket angle and do more of a hit and it becomes hard.
It's nice since it gives a lot of options how to play a ball. Once can chose to play like with Tenergy and close the racket angle a bit more and let the rubber "stretch and click." Or open the racket and hit like with a Chinese rubber.
The sponge is really weird, can't remember a rubber or sponge that acted like this.

Using it on BH is a bit hard tho I have to say. Probably it's my technique. If I swing hard it usually produces a high quality ball. But if I don't the quality and the control is just all wonky. G-1 on BH gives a lot of support even if I do a weaker swing or just block. Q Quality is kind of bad if the ball is dead or has no energy and you can't activate it.
If one can activate it it's higher quality than G-1, just difficult to do on BH.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
After some more testing I have to say on the Joola Zhou Qihao SALC which is a Super Viscaria type blade it works much better on BH side than on Mizuntani SZLC. The Mizutani really deflects the ball a lot but that is not even the worst of it. The worst is that spinny slow balls are impossible to handle. I don't get it much but same rubber on the SZLC blade is very spin sensitive and on the SALC not much sensitive. SZLC is just too alive...

Anyway regarding the BH It was my technique for 100% sure. I tried to play with it like with G-1. That just does not work well. With G-1 I pretty much flat hit and brush up and for me that works well. With Q Quality as I probably mentioned before if I flat hit it's pretty darn hard. Like Chinese rubber level hard. Even then if I step back and just swing it was okay and blocking was very good since not spin sensitive and hard of flat hit so I wasn't very concerned.
I struggled with continuous drives and openups. I was just looking for chiquitas since I could do those really well and they were annoying for my opponents.
But yesterday I was like this can't be normal. So after 10 minutes of the most awkward BH struggle where I was trying everything and I played like I had 4 beers (edge, whiff, net, long, occasional success) I think I found what to do.
It's quite simple just swing forward. Don't care about racket angle, don't care about incoming spin, don't care about if you're arm and wrist is relaxed or a bit tense, just swing forward. Don't lift, don't brush, just don't care about any of that crap, swing forward and it just works.
Just to give a visual image with G-1 or tenergy whatever... I fix my elbow and pivot my forearm around the elbow like I'm trying to rotate a wheel.

Whit this rubber that doesn't work all that well. Instead I fix my elbow in a slightly high position I pull back my forearm and wrist kinda into my chest and I swing the racket only forward making just a straight line as arm movement. This way the rubber catches the ball much better, better stretch, more spin, everything is just better.
If the ball is a bit too low just swing forward and a tad upwards.
If the ball has underspin swing a bit harder.
If the ball has topspin close the wrist a bit more.
It's bloody simple to use just a different technique.

Don't know if I said this before but I can troll my opponents with this rubber so much with service receives now.
Chiquita is great for one, but the biggest troll is slicing or stabbing the ball absolutely immediately after bounce.
You don't even need to slice just put the racket there and the rubber then makes such a big underspin without any arm, or wrist movement that my opponents dump everything in the net, they are so caught off guard by the amount of underspin.

I will glue them on my Joola Trinity blade too, since I'm curious what they will be like with that blade. I'm glad it works very well on the ZQ SALC and I will buy more for myself and for some people locally who tried them and liked them. I will get some Q1 too to some lower-level players who like a bit softer rubber.
Durability is also stellar no performance change since I got them, not shrinking, nothing...

This user has no status.
I just remembered about the Xiom Vega Europe, that is a nice intermediate rubber too.
But honestly I don't think its price can compete with Q1, Q1 is like 3600JPY ~24-5EUR. Sure shipping is probably double from Japan than from EU in cost and there is also VAT and some duty fee, but I doubt that Vega Europe can be bought for less than 30EUR in EU.
TT11.FR has it at 29 euros. Dundoy.EU 26 euros.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Just ordered a couple of sheets of QQ along with my regular Hammond Z2 from TT Japan - I’m really looking forward to trying it and see how it compares to the Z2.
I'm curious about that comparison.

I am going to HK next week, and I will buy some Mantra Pro M and XH there since for some reason they only cost 160RMB. It's also a new Daiki rubber I am curious how it fares against the old Mantra and Sumitomo's Mizuno rubbers. I suppose the Mantra Pro should be resembling the Hammond Z2.