Moon 12 Blue on sale!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I suppose Moon 12 M+ is about as same function as Glayzer(05). Maybe a touch slower, a touch less sensitive, a lot less grip than Glayzer but for BH side that is not particularly bad. If you are a lefty (or have a super strong and scary FH) maybe even a positive thing. Also better not forget to mention it costs maybe a third of Glayzer tho it's not as durable.

If someone needs a blocking machine on BH because he gets harassed there with spiny open ups, hard drives then Moon 12 is great option. It's also great if you get bullied on BH with serves and you are not able to deal with them well.

At the same time it's possible to do every type of shot with it, you can open up, you can drive, you can smash, push over the table etc etc but it's not a sharp knife. It's a bit of a dull rubber. You can open up, but won't win outright points with the spin, nor if you drive you won't win points outright because of the speed, but you will put the ball on the table and you might even have choice how you place it.
I think especially on higher level this is pretty underestimated since you can force your opponent into something they are uncomfy with and then do a FH smash and gg handshake.

Before playing with the Moon 12 M- I played with Mantra Pro M, which is much better, but it's more sensitive too (even tho it's less sensitive than Tenergy). When I got a hard drive on my BH with Mantra Pro I blocked long or in the net many times, serve receive also more tricky with it. Sure I can make one shot points with Mantra Pro and if I hit it just right it's amazing. Moon 12 is more like did I really just put that ball on the table again, and again and again?

That being said Glayzer might just be the upgrade over Moon 12. I just about can block as well with it as Moon 12, it can make more spin and speed, and it has superior grip. The one thing I love about Dignics and Glayzer is how well they grip the Joola Flash (seamless) ball. And not just a new dusty ball, they grip an old shiny seamless ball too.
So no doubt Glayzer has a far better technical capability, if you have the skills Glayzer is better.

Depending on one's skill on BH and if your are having a lot of trouble with serve receive and you block a lot of balls long or "high" then Moon 12 might just be the rubber for you. If you can do every technique quite well but you find Tenergy or Dignics or ESN stuff to edgy then Glayzer is a better option but for about 3x the price of Moon 12.
On serve receive and chiquita I think Glayzer is also better if you know what you are doing, but if you don't then Moon 12 is better. But they are both much better than ESN or Tenergy etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I suppose Moon 12 M+ is about as same function as Glayzer(05). Maybe a touch slower, a touch less sensitive, a lot less grip than Glayzer but for BH side that is not particularly bad. If you are a lefty (or have a super strong and scary FH) maybe even a positive thing. Also better not forget to mention it costs maybe a third of Glayzer tho it's not as durable.

mmmmhhhhh

I'd try it if only it were available in good old RED ;-)

Any chance you can compare it with the Yinhe Moon Speed Soft H37?

YINHE-MOON.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
mmmmhhhhh

View attachment 28704
Honestly, the Moon Speed feels about 3 generations behind. Its decent in its own right and i enjoyed using it.

But Moon 12 feels like a huge upgrade, a large jump in capabilities

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
mmmmhhhhh

View attachment 28704
I have an about 3 years old memory from Moon Speed soft, but that was actually 35degs soft.
The normal Moon Speed is about 37deg. Now there is Moon Speed 53 but it's a bit hard to get aka not on aliexpress.
So the 35 degree version was nice in fact. As I remember the topsheet was more modern than the traditional Moon, and it was more on the just grippy side without that shadow of a fart tack that Moon has.

What I remember from Moon Speed 35 as well it was very predictable and stable. But more edgy than Moon 12.

I still think Glayzer is more suited than every ESN offering on BH, and Moon 12 is great if someone wants an easy to use rubber.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Honestly, the Moon Speed feels about 3 generations behind. Its decent in its own right and i enjoyed using it.

But Moon 12 feels like a huge upgrade, a large jump in capabilities
I agree. Moon Speed felt a bit dead. Pretty okay grip, but I expected at least some bounce. It was closer to Mercury 2 in terms of speed.

Maybe I didn't play with it enough to break it in. The topsheet was a hard 50d despite being listed as soft. Sponge was 46d.

Reactions: kindof99 and latej
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If someone needs a blocking machine on BH because he gets harassed there with spiny open ups, hard drives then Moon 12 is great option. It's also great if you get bullied on BH with serves and you are not able to deal with them well.

At the same time it's possible to do every type of shot with it, you can open up, you can drive, you can smash, push over the table etc etc but it's not a sharp knife. It's a bit of a dull rubber. You can open up, but won't win outright points with the spin, nor if you drive you won't win points outright because of the speed, but you will put the ball on the table and you might even have choice how you place it.
I think especially on higher level this is pretty underestimated since you can force your opponent into something they are uncomfy with and then do a FH smash and gg handshake.

Before playing with the Moon 12 M- I played with Mantra Pro M, which is much better, but it's more sensitive too (even tho it's less sensitive than Tenergy). When I got a hard drive on my BH with Mantra Pro I blocked long or in the net many times, serve receive also more tricky with it. Sure I can make one shot points with Mantra Pro and if I hit it just right it's amazing. Moon 12 is more like did I really just put that ball on the table again, and again and again?

That being said Glayzer might just be the upgrade over Moon 12. I just about can block as well with it as Moon 12, it can make more spin and speed, and it has superior grip. The one thing I love about Dignics and Glayzer is how well they grip the Joola Flash (seamless) ball. And not just a new dusty ball, they grip an old shiny seamless ball too.
So no doubt Glayzer has a far better technical capability, if you have the skills Glayzer is better.

Depending on one's skill on BH and if your are having a lot of trouble with serve receive and you block a lot of balls long or "high" then Moon 12 might just be the rubber for you. If you can do every technique quite well but you find Tenergy or Dignics or ESN stuff to edgy then Glayzer is a better option but for about 3x the price of Moon 12.
On serve receive and chiquita I think Glayzer is also better if you know what you are doing, but if you don't then Moon 12 is better. But they are both much better than ESN or Tenergy etc.
love your review! at first I didn't expect anything from this rubber because of the price, but now it's already became my most trusted shield.

My previous rubber was Glayzer09c, changing to the Moon I lost some topspin capacities but became much better in blocking, and the price and the durability justified a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
More Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So I have been playing more with the Moon 12 blue on BH mainly the M- and it's just fun. I don't know about you guys but having fun is so underrated.
I just wanna play with the Moon 12, I really do and wanna explore it more. I have a mean ass FH and I bet even the top10 in my country would be very happy to have my FH but that is in a way a curse. I'm a lefty with a mean FH so everyone is like "put every bloody ball on BH". I have good legs too so they are like "put every bloody ball on BH near the line".
With every rubber before I had some struggles, not fast enough, too fast, not spinny enough, difficult to block etc etc.

With Moon 12 blue I just have no issues to be honest. I really don't feel any points of this rubber that is weak. Sure I also don't feel any point of this rubber that is super strong but I guess its "weighted average" nature is its strong point. It's just so fracking dependable and stable.

I really should do my own blog and maybe I will since I feel my thoughts get lost on a forum where pages pass by like toilet paper.

The Moon 12 is amazing against high-level players and low-level players because it can handle high speed and spin exceptionally but at the same time it can deal with really messed up illegal serves in many ways and it is fast enough. So if you play against strong players they have strong drive as in high velocity with moderate spin and they also have high spin with moderate velocity. They can vary these attributes to their needs and situation but Moon 12 can handle it exceptionally well.
My favorite shot is when Partick Franziska or Liang Jingkun does their wide-stroke BH counter over the table against a spinny open-up. They do this very wide and fast motion that looks like the gods had an orgasm on their stroke.
With Moon 12 screw that shit, just do a forward push with a sightly forward tilted racket angle. You get 85% the same result and the difficulty of the stroke is probably 1000% easier. That is a very high cost-effectiveness if you ask any cheapskate person.
You can keep doing this shit to abuse you opponent in most cases even if their open-up is more fast and less spinny and you can vary the sides of the table like you don't care.

Open-ups against all levels are nice since the rubber is very intuitive. If you do a wider, faster stroke it will produce a faster or spinner ball depending on your stroke. Now this is my biggest gripe with most rubbers actually. Some rubbers do more work with a weaker stroke so it feels it takes over your shot, some rubbers do less when you put a lot of effort into your stroke so they feel dead as heck. Moon 12 is just right. If you do a longer motion stroke it will do more work if you do something short it will do less work. Very intuitive.

Against lower-level players... So they might have illegal serves, do some gimmicky crap. That's how lower-level players achieve more. The illegal nasty serves don't do much against the Moon 12 since the rubber is very forgiving against spin. The low-level gimmicks don't work since it can return any kind of ball, fast knuckle, slow spinny... no issue.
And if you are stuck against players on lower level who return very slow balls all the time, as I said the Moon 12 is fast if you make a bigger and faster stroke. It's not like many rubbers where you try to hit hard and the rubber is just not bouncing and feels dead. (but when you get a fast incoming ball it feels too edgy) Moon bounces when you have a longer and faster storke and doesn't bounce when you don't.

It's light too, M- 44-45g on a Cybershape head, M+ 48g on a Cybershape head, and H- 50g on a normal DHS/Stiga head. Again very predictable and it seems consistent.

Yinhe really cought lightning in a bottle with this rubber and they priced it fair too. 15EUR from Aliexpress to Europe shipped, with 4 different hardness M-, M+, H-, H+ what is not to like? The blue color to me looks lovely. It's a shame there is no black rubber tho, for beginners I would recommend it in M- M+ blue and black.
They also used to provide a sticky plastic cover that has some super cute drawing on it, I love that stuff and it makes kids smile too. The M+ I received recently didn't have any sticky plastic cover let alone one with cute drawing on it. I feel sad about this. Please Yinhe just charge an Euro or two more.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

So I have been playing more with the Moon 12 blue on BH mainly the M- and it's just fun. I don't know about you guys but having fun is so underrated.
I just wanna play with the Moon 12, I really do and wanna explore it more. I have a mean ass FH and I bet even the top10 in my country would be very happy to have my FH but that is in a way a curse. I'm a lefty with a mean FH so everyone is like "put every bloody ball on BH". I have good legs too so they are like "put every bloody ball on BH near the line".
With every rubber before I had some struggles, not fast enough, too fast, not spinny enough, difficult to block etc etc.

With Moon 12 blue I just have no issues to be honest. I really don't feel any points of this rubber that is weak. Sure I also don't feel any point of this rubber that is super strong but I guess its "weighted average" nature is its strong point. It's just so fracking dependable and stable.

I really should do my own blog and maybe I will since I feel my thoughts get lost on a forum where pages pass by like toilet paper.

The Moon 12 is amazing against high-level players and low-level players because it can handle high speed and spin exceptionally but at the same time it can deal with really messed up illegal serves in many ways and it is fast enough. So if you play against strong players they have strong drive as in high velocity with moderate spin and they also have high spin with moderate velocity. They can vary these attributes to their needs and situation but Moon 12 can handle it exceptionally well.
My favorite shot is when Partick Franziska or Liang Jingkun does their wide-stroke BH counter over the table against a spinny open-up. They do this very wide and fast motion that looks like the gods had an orgasm on their stroke.
With Moon 12 screw that shit, just do a forward push with a sightly forward tilted racket angle. You get 85% the same result and the difficulty of the stroke is probably 1000% easier. That is a very high cost-effectiveness if you ask any cheapskate person.
You can keep doing this shit to abuse you opponent in most cases even if their open-up is more fast and less spinny and you can vary the sides of the table like you don't care.

Open-ups against all levels are nice since the rubber is very intuitive. If you do a wider, faster stroke it will produce a faster or spinner ball depending on your stroke. Now this is my biggest gripe with most rubbers actually. Some rubbers do more work with a weaker stroke so it feels it takes over your shot, some rubbers do less when you put a lot of effort into your stroke so they feel dead as heck. Moon 12 is just right. If you do a longer motion stroke it will do more work if you do something short it will do less work. Very intuitive.

Against lower-level players... So they might have illegal serves, do some gimmicky crap. That's how lower-level players achieve more. The illegal nasty serves don't do much against the Moon 12 since the rubber is very forgiving against spin. The low-level gimmicks don't work since it can return any kind of ball, fast knuckle, slow spinny... no issue.
And if you are stuck against players on lower level who return very slow balls all the time, as I said the Moon 12 is fast if you make a bigger and faster stroke. It's not like many rubbers where you try to hit hard and the rubber is just not bouncing and feels dead. (but when you get a fast incoming ball it feels too edgy) Moon bounces when you have a longer and faster storke and doesn't bounce when you don't.

It's light too, M- 44-45g on a Cybershape head, M+ 48g on a Cybershape head, and H- 50g on a normal DHS/Stiga head. Again very predictable and it seems consistent.

Yinhe really cought lightning in a bottle with this rubber and they priced it fair too. 15EUR from Aliexpress to Europe shipped, with 4 different hardness M-, M+, H-, H+ what is not to like? The blue color to me looks lovely. It's a shame there is no black rubber tho, for beginners I would recommend it in M- M+ blue and black.
They also used to provide a sticky plastic cover that has some super cute drawing on it, I love that stuff and it makes kids smile too. The M+ I received recently didn't have any sticky plastic cover let alone one with cute drawing on it. I feel sad about this. Please Yinhe just charge an Euro or two more.
and the topsheet doesn't seem to degrade at all (though after 2.5 months I got it bubbled). This rubber can active block, passive block, block punch, I have to give credit to Yinhe for this 8th generation sponge. If only there is a H3 topsheet with this sponge I will definitely give it a try :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
and the topsheet doesn't seem to degrade at all (though after 2.5 months I got it bubbled). This rubber can active block, passive block, block punch, I have to give credit to Yinhe for this 8th generation sponge. If only there is a H3 topsheet with this sponge I will definitely give it a try :p
Thats literally jupiter 3 and apollo 5

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
in fact almost every rubbers can be like that, but what important is how you feel yourself in the actual match. Moon 12 Blue has the most "balance" feeling I've experienced.
Yes I recently played with both Moon 12 and AK47 red on bh. both are really good. Good speed, good punch, good block, good loop

Reactions: longle
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022

I read your post and decided to reglue my M+ to the carbon 729 Blue Arylate blade.
I felt Moon 12 was toooo balanced and decided to glue J3 37 on BH. But now I got that with Jupiter I land onto the table only open-ups🤣.
Thank you for the reminder I will try M12 again!

• Haha
Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thats literally jupiter 3 and apollo 5
Jupiter 3 is very different. I dunno about Apollo 5.

I have fingermarks from serve hold but seems to be holding up well. I even hit the table edge once and it didn't tear, so it's not fragile. If it lasts 2.5 months I will be happy.
Any kind of block it can do but it's good for chiquita and I like open-ups with it too. It's fun to use.
I forgot to mention but it happened many times that in last moments when I saw the opponent start to move in a direction with the Moon 12 I just felt safe to change the hit directions so I basically sent the "opponent to the post office to buy some fish" and they didn't get any :devilish:
Sure I did this with other rubbers too but it's very easy with the Moon and the ball always leaves the rubber with good enough quality. Other rubbers I focus to make good quality ball and less on placement and deception.

Also sometimes I just hit amazing backhands with it. I don't even know how or where it's coming from. Like I get a SP punch on my BH, very fast SP punch and somehow I just hit it back with force and it feels so quality. I don't know how I do it it's not intentional but it feels so satisfying. I feel that the hit has a lot of spin and of course speed which is not easy against a fast knuckleball. With most rubbers I'm happy if I can sweat those fast SP punches back somehow.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Today I tried the M+ and I like it better than the H- for sure but M- still feels better to me and I think I know why.
My M- has the new Yinhe logo while the H- and M+ has the old Yinhe logo. The old logo versions have a much more matte topsheet, the new logo one is more glossy and more grippy. The difference is very significant how they play.
Also the M- feels more bouncy and alive and to me even less sensitive to spin with it's different topsheet.
So now I know why I like the M- the most, funny I didn't notice the different mold before...

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hey here's a clip of my recent match with Moon 12 on my BH, sorry for the quality because it's taken from the corner of a livestream :ROFLMAO: I am 1 level higher than the guy so he has +2 point handicap each set. I lost in the 5th set sadly 😭

ey

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Today I tried the M+ and I like it better than the H- for sure but M- still feels better to me and I think I know why.
My M- has the new Yinhe logo while the H- and M+ has the old Yinhe logo. The old logo versions have a much more matte topsheet, the new logo one is more glossy and more grippy. The difference is very significant how they play.
Also the M- feels more bouncy and alive and to me even less sensitive to spin with it's different topsheet.
So now I know why I like the M- the most, funny I didn't notice the different mold before...
How you would compare hardness of M- and M+ to other popular rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
How you would compare hardness of M- and M+ to other popular rubbers.
M- maybe a bit softer than G-1, so something in between 45-47deg I wager. But it's rubbery so doesn't particularly bottom out like ESN rubbers, and it's springy too at least the M- with the new logo, I will keep pointing this out.
I would compare it to those bouncy balls rather than what ESN or Jap rubbers feel like. Of course not as bouncy as a bouncy ball but it's bounce reminds me of those rather than spring sponge etc.
I wouldn't say it's a crisp feeling rubber so I suppose the topsheet is softer than MX-P, G-1.

The M+ I guess is as Micheal is saying around or a bit bellow 50deg ESN. On FH it feels quite a bit softer than MAntra Pro XH which is 53deg, or Donic Bluestorm Pro which is 50. On backhand it feels similar to those, sure a bit softer than the Mantra but not that much. Of course different strokes I get it.
M+ I think is a bit harder than Glayzer too.

I don't even wanna compare the M- with the M+, their topsheet is so different and I think there is some cheating with the sponge too since the M+ and H- are totally flat even after taking them off my blade.
The M- was flat in the beginning, but now it has a negative dome.
On the M+ and H- topsheet with the old logo I can't see the pips, the surface is totally matte. On the M- with the new logo I can see the pips, so it's more opaque and glossy and more grippy.
I wonder if some new M+ and H- etc with the new logo will come out, that would be interesting.

Yinhe rubbers have a laser engraved marking on the back and an ink mark too. On all 3 of my sponges the ink style is different. The laser engraving on the old logo rubbers are much bigger than on the new. Also the Moon text, the topsheet number, Yinhe logo and all marks on the topsheet are much bigger on the old logo than on the new.

It's truly bizarre...

Reactions: H3R0