Moon 12 Blue on sale!

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
For a non-tacky rubber that is relatively insensitive to incoming spin, I am very satisfied with the amount of spin I can generate with Moon 12.

I am now very interested in the H-. Sounds like M+ and H- are very different.
The shop I bought from has only H- version, seems perfect on my Dynasty Carbon which is a hard fast blade. It's soft but not too soft, hard but still wraps the ball very well. My BH topspin is always my main weapon and since this Moon 12 it's even more lethal because of +2 Defense :ROFLMAO:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
The shop I bought from has only H- version, seems perfect on my Dynasty Carbon which is a hard fast blade. It's soft but not too soft, hard but still wraps the ball very well. My BH topspin is always my main weapon and since this Moon 12 it's even more lethal because of +2 Defense :ROFLMAO:
Let me know which version you prefer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I tried the H- one and it's really only okay for blocking and punching and just some controlled play. But for that it's indeed great.
It's fast enough, the sponge is not too hard but the topsheet is kinda hard, so if you don't hit the ball porperly it has almost no grip. And even if you get to grip the ball it doesn't spin it too well.
Because of this I think on BH it's only good for specific cases where someone only wants to let's say play like with short pips without actually using short pips. I did do some open ups with it but it doesn't have much to give so my opponent could counter it back with ease since my spin doesn't influence his counter much.

On FH side it's easier to use since easier to continously hit the ball stronger so there is some grip. Honestly I think this rubber is better on FH side for beginner players. It has very decent bounce, not sensitive to spin so a good rubber to learn to play. Possibly for kids. Maybe with newer and "dusty balls" it grips better too, but I can't imagine it to be great...

It's not particularly light either, H- around 49-50g, for a BH rubber it's on the upper limit for me.

For beginners or kids or BH blocking style game it's pretty good. For BH loopers and attackers I think it's unsuitable, and for advanced FH attackers it is missing the spin to be a good choice.

I think the Moon Speed is a better topsheet, but the Moon Blue has a good sponge, maybe would be interesting the combine the two.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I tried the H- one and it's really only okay for blocking and punching and just some controlled play. But for that it's indeed great.
It's fast enough, the sponge is not too hard but the topsheet is kinda hard, so if you don't hit the ball porperly it has almost no grip. And even if you get to grip the ball it doesn't spin it too well.
Because of this I think on BH it's only good for specific cases where someone only wants to let's say play like with short pips without actually using short pips. I did do some open ups with it but it doesn't have much to give so my opponent could counter it back with ease since my spin doesn't influence his counter much.

On FH side it's easier to use since easier to continously hit the ball stronger so there is some grip. Honestly I think this rubber is better on FH side for beginner players. It has very decent bounce, not sensitive to spin so a good rubber to learn to play. Possibly for kids. Maybe with newer and "dusty balls" it grips better too, but I can't imagine it to be great...

It's not particularly light either, H- around 49-50g, for a BH rubber it's on the upper limit for me.

For beginners or kids or BH blocking style game it's pretty good. For BH loopers and attackers I think it's unsuitable, and for advanced FH attackers it is missing the spin to be a good choice.

I think the Moon Speed is a better topsheet, but the Moon Blue has a good sponge, maybe would be interesting the combine the two.
Moon 12 is also not entirely suitable for beginners, since it is relatively fast and makes it more difficult for a novice player to control his game. Also, Moon 12 has non-linear properties. On the block it's slow and controlled, but when accelerating it's much quicker than you'd expect from this rubber.
Just yesterday a beginner player tried to play it and the results of playing on the backhand were worse than with the Jupiter2 38

Last edited:
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023

Moon speed is mildly tacky (at least mine was as tacky as my Big Dipper) so it would be more suitable for spinny loops. I quite like the spin insensitivity of Moon blue. Have you also tried the M+? It spins quite well IMO.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Moon 12 is also not entirely suitable for beginners, since it is relatively fast and makes it more difficult for a novice player to control his game. Also, Moon 12 has non-linear properties. On the block it's slow and controlled, but when accelerating it's much quicker than you'd expect from this rubber.
Just yesterday a beginner player tried to play it and the results of playing on the backhand were worse than with the Jupiter2 38
you are right, I like it for its non-linear properties. this rubber is great for shots placement, and pace controlling

pro

Jan 2023
Just played in the local league tonight. Whilst I felt the Moon 12 M+ is lacking a bit of punch in practice, it did very well tonight for me in the matches as I didn't have the same level of confidence/performance as in practice. Its spin insensitivity combined with low bounce at low impact makes it very good for passive service return and opening up - I don't need to hold back on my swing, which is difficult to get right when I am tight.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Well, I re-glued the Moon 12 onto a viscar type blade with an outer layer of koto, outer carbon and a frequency of 1420 Hz. Yes, this is much better, I would even call it a cheat kit for backhand, how much control there is. What’s interesting is that control increases with the acceleration of the balls that come from my opponent. It is easier to play with stronger and more aggressive opponents! Sometimes I wonder how I returned that difficult fastball. But this rubber doesn’t play the way I like it - no enough grip and a lot of balls that I tried to aggressively attack with my backhand ended up in the net. Maybe because of this, I had two comebacks with different players, when I tried to play in my style and made a lot of mistakes until the score was 3-9 in favor of my opponent, and I decided to just get into opponent's half of the table and then win the set. I am sorely lacking in grip and in direct comparison it feels like Moon 12 is below Fastarc's class, but this ease of play, accuracy in blocks and the ability to return difficult balls deserves to play with it some more.

Jan 2023
Well, I re-glued the Moon 12 onto a viscar type blade with an outer layer of koto, outer carbon and a frequency of 1420 Hz. Yes, this is much better, I would even call it a cheat kit for backhand, how much control there is. What’s interesting is that control increases with the acceleration of the balls that come from my opponent. It is easier to play with stronger and more aggressive opponents! Sometimes I wonder how I returned that difficult fastball. But this rubber doesn’t play the way I like it - no enough grip and a lot of balls that I tried to aggressively attack with my backhand ended up in the net. Maybe because of this, I had two comebacks with different players, when I tried to play in my style and made a lot of mistakes until the score was 3-9 in favor of my opponent, and I decided to just get into opponent's half of the table and then win the set. I am sorely lacking in grip and in direct comparison it feels like Moon 12 is below Fastarc's class, but this ease of play, accuracy in blocks and the ability to return difficult balls deserves to play with it some more.
After some adjustment I can get decent spin from it, but not a lot of speed. Overall I think it is a good rubber for FH-dominant players ro put on their BH. If you do a lot of BH loopkills then this is not the best candidate.

Purely based on what I read online, is Moon 12 a clone of Victas V15E? The V15E was advertised as a spin insensitive rubber. Have anyone tried both and can compare them?

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
After some adjustment I can get decent spin from it, but not a lot of speed. Overall I think it is a good rubber for FH-dominant players ro put on their BH. If you do a lot of BH loopkills then this is not the best candidate.

Purely based on what I read online, is Moon 12 a clone of Victas V15E? The V15E was advertised as a spin insensitive rubber. Have anyone tried both and can compare them?
really ? I played both but don't really recall the similarities between them. V15E is much faster, and grip the ball better. In terms of blocking the Moon is better

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
really ? I played both but don't really recall the similarities between them. V15E is much faster, and grip the ball better. In terms of blocking the Moon is better
I actually think there are similarities.

I remember V15 has a matte/smooth surface, similar to Moon 12 and also Glayzer.

V15 is also quite good on blocking as I remember.

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
I agree with everything but the gripping matter.
I had the feeling v15 felt harder overall and couldnt grip the ball that well. I had to tweak my technique tremendously by opening up way more to hit consistently with it on my bh. Not much issues on fh though.

With moon 12 i could do whatever i wanted and the ball got gripped by it.

But yeah v15 is way faster and more deadly although i am not sure if that would remain the case with the harder versions.

Reactions: longle
Jan 2023
I agree with everything but the gripping matter.
I had the feeling v15 felt harder overall and couldnt grip the ball that well. I had to tweak my technique tremendously by opening up way more to hit consistently with it on my bh. Not much issues on fh though.

With moon 12 i could do whatever i wanted and the ball got gripped by it.

But yeah v15 is way faster and more deadly although i am not sure if that would remain the case with the harder versions.
I had M+ and that feels more like <=ESN 45, which is softer than ESN 47.5 - the official hardness of V15E. IIRC you had M- so the difference would be even greater. I would not be surprised if V15E, a high-end tensor, is a lot faster than Moon 12. Maybe Moon 12 is closer to a clone of V15 limber :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I had M+ and that feels more like <=ESN 45, which is softer than ESN 47.5 - the official hardness of V15E. IIRC you had M- so the difference would be even greater. I would not be surprised if V15E, a high-end tensor, is a lot faster than Moon 12. Maybe Moon 12 is closer to a clone of V15 limber :D
My H- Moon 12 is very fast, not slower than ESN rubbers at all. Probably faster