Moon 12 Blue on sale!

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
My H- Moon 12 is very fast, not slower than ESN rubbers at all. Probably faster
Does it still blocks very well like the M+? Mine is on the way from Aliexpress, but my current sheet is doing quite well. Barely any scratches on the surface after 20+ hours. I also plan to test Rxton 3 blue and AK47 Red on my BH. Too many rubbers, not enough table time...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Does it still blocks very well like the M+? Mine is on the way from Aliexpress, but my current sheet is doing quite well. Barely any scratches on the surface after 20+ hours. I also plan to test Rxton 3 blue and AK47 Red on my BH. Too many rubbers, not enough table time...
yes I think it blocks very well.

I have a all wood VPS blade and I typically don't put Chinese rubbers on it because it would be too slow. I usually only use tensor/hybrid rubbers on it. But I don't hesitate at all to put Moon 12 on the VPS.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Here's a good indepth review of Moon 12 Blue by Pingpongplus, prolific Indonesian reviewer.

(turn on Auto-translate subtitles)

Some key points:
- Used the Medium soft version
- Rubber is more like Japanese rubber with some bounce
- Recommeded for backhand; get seal of approval
- Good grip, doesn't require too much rubbing with topsheet to activate spin
- Can therefore use shorter strokes, especially when borrowing pace
- Good control and forgiving, especially in blocks
- Not fast but not slow; at long distance just needs a bigger stroke (you can see some long distance kill shots from him in the video but he's got great technique

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Also found this video which I find interesting for two reasons:

1. The video description copies and pastes @Attitude 's review of the rubber word-for-word. Completely plagiarized.

2. The paddle that the coach uses to feed balls is full @Gozo to the next level, being Hulk-green and comically oversized with a handle matching the thickness of a tennis racket.

This user has no status.

Also found this video which I find interesting for two reasons:

1. The video description copies and pastes @Attitude 's review of the rubber word-for-word. Completely plagiarized.

2. The paddle that the coach uses to feed balls is full @Gozo to the next level, being Hulk-green and comically oversized with a handle matching the thickness of a tennis racket.
Ok, that is hilarious. Especially because the video shows its usage on fh and ive written that it is unusable (at least in the medium soft Version) on fh which is now included in his description.

Curious that he changed his first line into a different, though i never knew that you can get setup with a balsa blade that heavy (186g) :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmmmmmmm, I got myself a Moon 12 Blue in M- hardness for BH since why not.
I didn't particularly like the H-, especially not on BH side. It's also a bit heavy for BH, and since the sponge was hard it was hard to use it. What I liked in it was the insensitiveness to incoming spin, which is not a bad thing for a lefty on BH side especially on higher levels.
So I got the M- which by feeling is I guess 47-48deg ESN? It doesn't feel softer than G1, but it feels bouncier than G1. To me the H- on BH just didn't wanna bounce or go but the M- is easy to use.
I've been using Mantra Pro M on BH which is about 47 degree hard, so the M- in hardness felt comparable; tho the Mantra Pro feels more airy and the Moon Blue M- feels more rubbery.

I guess I have been complaining about the H- grip before, and on BH I'm pretty sure I was not wrong since it's difficult to sink the ball into the H- sponge. I did not have this issue with M-, I can sink the ball and it has more than enough grip, I never felt any lack of grip with M-.

What I liked about the M- on BH is the ease of use, the really good bounce, like I say I think it's more than G1, but less than Mantra Pro M , it has very good grip, hell I think the sheet is very slightly tacky. I would say it's like a "shadow of a fart" tacky. Very good for blocking since insensitive, great for serve receive.
But to my surprise, it's not bad for making open-ups and banana flicks. Flicks are easy since the rubber eats the ball and doesn't drop it like some rubbers. Even if I do a weak or slow flick it doesn't drop the ball.
With ESN or Japanese rubbers the harder you flick the better your result, but if you don't do the flick hard enough the ball will fall out from the rubber and into the bottom of the net.

Open-ups are interesting since even weak open-ups are possible and while some would say those are not dangerous well I don't think so, mixing very spinny open-ups and open-ups with barely any spin is not that easy to deal with. Against high spin you need to force the ball down our you hit it long against low spin ones if you do the same you will hit the ball in the net. It's actually good deception. I also had pretty great success with varying sides or down the middle open-ups with different spins and speeds.

I think the M- is a pretty good replacement for your typical 47deg ESN rubber or Japanese rubber. My backhand is pretty good but still Moon M- makes me feel comfy.

Jan 2023
Hmmmmmmm, I got myself a Moon 12 Blue in M- hardness for BH since why not.
I didn't particularly like the H-, especially not on BH side. It's also a bit heavy for BH, and since the sponge was hard it was hard to use it. What I liked in it was the insensitiveness to incoming spin, which is not a bad thing for a lefty on BH side especially on higher levels.
So I got the M- which by feeling is I guess 47-48deg ESN? It doesn't feel softer than G1, but it feels bouncier than G1. To me the H- on BH just didn't wanna bounce or go but the M- is easy to use.
I've been using Mantra Pro M on BH which is about 47 degree hard, so the M- in hardness felt comparable; tho the Mantra Pro feels more airy and the Moon Blue M- feels more rubbery.

I guess I have been complaining about the H- grip before, and on BH I'm pretty sure I was not wrong since it's difficult to sink the ball into the H- sponge. I did not have this issue with M-, I can sink the ball and it has more than enough grip, I never felt any lack of grip with M-.

What I liked about the M- on BH is the ease of use, the really good bounce, like I say I think it's more than G1, but less than Mantra Pro M , it has very good grip, hell I think the sheet is very slightly tacky. I would say it's like a "shadow of a fart" tacky. Very good for blocking since insensitive, great for serve receive.
But to my surprise, it's not bad for making open-ups and banana flicks. Flicks are easy since the rubber eats the ball and doesn't drop it like some rubbers. Even if I do a weak or slow flick it doesn't drop the ball.
With ESN or Japanese rubbers the harder you flick the better your result, but if you don't do the flick hard enough the ball will fall out from the rubber and into the bottom of the net.

Open-ups are interesting since even weak open-ups are possible and while some would say those are not dangerous well I don't think so, mixing very spinny open-ups and open-ups with barely any spin is not that easy to deal with. Against high spin you need to force the ball down our you hit it long against low spin ones if you do the same you will hit the ball in the net. It's actually good deception. I also had pretty great success with varying sides or down the middle open-ups with different spins and speeds.

I think the M- is a pretty good replacement for your typical 47deg ESN rubber or Japanese rubber. My backhand is pretty good but still Moon M- makes me feel comfy.
Are you sure you have the M-, not M+? I had M+ and that feels slightly softer than 47d ESN.

Reactions: ShoutGuy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I have both M- and M+ versions of Moon Blue and have measured them with a durometer.

First number is measured from topsheet, 2nd is measured from sponge:
M- is 46/45
M+ is 49/47
That seems about right. However I have the H- and it is quite a big jump in hardness. It feels harder than ESN53 rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Read 1 reviews
Hey everyone, just received a sheet of Moon 12, which is supposed to be "medium-hard", but I think I got sent the wrong one.

My packaging says H- where my earlier medium-soft said M-. Would medium-hard be M+ or H-?
Kinda thinking I received a sheet of hard Moon 12 instead of medium-hard, anyone who can confirm/deny?
Should say m+

Reactions: enoxzr
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hey everyone, just received a sheet of Moon 12, which is supposed to be "medium-hard", but I think I got sent the wrong one.

My packaging says H- where my earlier medium-soft said M-. Would medium-hard be M+ or H-?
Kinda thinking I received a sheet of hard Moon 12 instead of medium-hard, anyone who can confirm/deny?
all my sheets are medium hard means H-, Extra hard is H+

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
My experience on Aliexpress is medium soft = M-, medium hard = M+, high hardness = H-, extra hard = H+

The naming depends on the shops too...
just recheck, it's exactly as you said - High hard = H-

1000092639.jpg

Reactions: Zwill