Least spin sensitive, but quickest? 64
Something in between? 80
Highest curve, easy short game but lacking power? 25
Easier to activate, but also harder to play short game? Respective fx versions

Control cannot be generally defined, everybody does it differently

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
I would vote for Tenergy 19 as feeling the most controllable at least for top spinning (I have not tried the FX versions). There is a good feeling of dwell when using Tenergy 19 compared to 05 in my experience. You can make very quality top spin loops and counters at lower racquet speeds compared to Tenergy 05. The only issue I had with Tenergy 19 was that it seems to reach its limit (in max speed and spin) quicker compared to 05. I believe the speed and spin quality when hitting hard are a bit better with the 05 but it's a very small drawback overall. Again this is all just my experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have T05fx, T64fx and T80fx. Agree. If you want to block, T64fx is the best out of the three. if you want to loop, the T05fx. The fx version makes it really bouncey even at low speed so if you are not careful, you can easily push the ball out. When I use G-1, it is more linear and I could feel that I could really cut into the ball when pushing and have the ball stay on my racket for a millisecond before releasing it. That feeling is almost non-existent with the fx version because the ball just catapults out of the rubber.

Some people love the catapult effect though. Isn't the great Kalinikos Kreanga known to use T05 fx on his backhand nowadays? He must find T05 fx (but yet, not T05 regular or T05 hard) to be the most controllable?

Kreanga was the king of backhand during the 38mm ball era. Now it is plastic 40+ ball era and he chooses T05 fx for his backhand that says something.

So I think people should keep an open mind about what is controllable and what is not controllable for them. Try a few rubbers before deciding.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Kreanga played t05fx back before dignics. Now he uses d64.
He however definitely is not a role model. He never overcame the need for soft sponges after the speed glue ban. Even though his backhand rips behind the table was amazing, he was an exception with the soft sponge.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Rozena, I'd say. No, it's not called "Tenergy", but it's a Tenergy-family "spring sponge" rubber nonetheless. A well-balanced jack of all trades, comfort all over the place.

That said, I'd probably go for T19 or T05H. Level and playstyle dependent, but for me, not being too lively on low impact (passive) shots while still providing the safety of high arc when you needed, that's control.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Looking at the Butterfly Matrix chart, I would guess that Tenergy 25 is more controllable.
I have not played with Tenergy 25. I have heard that it is much slower than other Tenergy like 05, 64, 80 and 19.

I don't know what the heck Butterfly did to Tenergy 25 to make it so slow.

You can buy it if you want. But for 72 USD a sheet, I want my Tenergy fast like 05, 64 and 80. Otherwise why even pay up for that sheet of Tenergy.

If you want Tenergy on the cheap with slower playing characteritic, then buy Xiom Vega Pro. To me Xiom Vega Pro gives the Tenergy clicking sound but is not as fast as Tenergy. it is like 36 USD on TT11 and get to $350, you can 30 percent off on every single rubber you order from there so 36 USD becomes 25 USD, almost one third of 72 USD for Tenergy. By comparison Xiom Vega Asia has a little bit of a clicking sound while Xiom Vega Europe being the softest, has no such sound whatsoever.

I have been EJ'ing with XIom Vega rubber going from soft Vega Europe to harder Vega Asia then to Vega Pro. I am not back to Vega Asia because the sponge softness and top sheet are the best suited for my backhand right now. Once I can control it, I will upgrade to Vega Pro/X which should be faster. i also have two sheets of Vega Japan I have not tested, still in original package.

If you want to EJ, we want you to EJ responsibility and not buy stuff that are not necessary. LIke I said before, I have no problem you buying anything. It is your money. But people have said over and over again that Tenergy 25 is considerably slower than other Tenergy. So do you want to pay 72 USD for a slower Tenergy; if the rubber is so slow, should it even be called Tenergy or Butterfly is just milking the name?

Hope this line of reasoning helps.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Depends on what the definition of controllable is, but for someone trying to get the tamest and least sensitive Tenergy, 25FX is it. I don't see a point in playing a Tenergy rubber just to use the least special one but to each his own