Most reliable and long-lasting non-tacky rubbers other than Butterfly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I am just curious, is Nittaku Fastarc G-1 the same generation rubbers compared to Rakza 7? Or is it newer generation?

People keep comparing these 2 rubbers but if I remember correctly, Rakza 7 had been around for years, before Fastarc G-1 was introduced.
Fastarc is the same generation as Vega pro, baracuda, tibhar genius etc. Rakza 7 is a little earlier than that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Why hasn't Nittaku come out with more modern Fastarc rubbers? Rakza now has XX. Isn't it time for G2?
Some rubber after G1 of nittaku but not the same name, pk50, hammond z1 z2, G1 Max,.... And the nearly same name is not mean the nearly same kind

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
Có lẽ là một phần của chiến lược kinh doanh của họ. Ngoài ra Z2 giống người kế nhiệm hơn. Rakza XX không thể so sánh với Rakza X hay 7, nhưng nó có thể so sánh với Z2.
tthe same thinking with you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Probably part of their business strategy. Also Z2 is more like the successor. Rakza XX is not comparable to Rakza X or 7, it's comparable to Z2 though.
Z2 doesn't seem like a successor to me at all. The rubbers don't behave similarly at all. Not even made by the same company.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I agree. G-1 is selling like a hot cake in Japan so why change the formula.

G-1 is a unique ESN rubber. There is something about it that other ESN rubbers just cannot capture.

For one, its top sheet is very hard and very very durable. Rakza 7 and Rakza X match the durability of G-1's top sheet. Other ESN rubbers, sorry, are just not a durable as G-1 and Rakza 7/X.

Secondly the topsheet is grippy. Gripper than all the revolution series and Vega series rubbers I have tried.

Then G-1 is very direct. I cannot over-emphasize that. Where you want the ball to go, G-1 will get you there. I have tried a lot of other ESN rubbers, including C-1. G-1 is just really unique like that. So if you are a looper, you can loop very well using the grippy top sheet. If you are a hitter, i.e. Mima Ito, that directness and the power of the top sheet plus medium hard sponge is awesome.

2.0mm used to be the max sponge. 2.2mm? might be the max sponge now, only available in the past three or four years, so Nittaku is capitalizing on that.

Finally G-1 has some tensor catapult property to it but yet not as much as say C-1, Tenergy fx, Rakza and Revolution series.

Despite the grippy top sheet, somehow with its pimple structure and maybe the sponge, G-1 is also relatively spin insensitive. Meaning serve return is easier.

So G-1 is a very unique rubber and that's why it is the best selling rubber in Japan and TT11 I guess!

I am not using it now on my backhand because when I use carbon, G-1 on the backhand does not allow me to loop. Obviously that is a technique issue so I am using Rakza 7 soft and C-1 on my backhand to get my looping much much consistent. Will I go back to G-1 on my backhand? Not sure. I figured once I have my backhand sorted out, I might upgrade from Rakza 7 soft 2.0mm sponge to max sponge or eventually try Vega Pro/X to get more power. Do I need to go back to G-1? We will see.

This user has no status.
Long lasting *and* non tacky? If the AK47 had better longevity I'd recommend that one every time.

Far closer to the mark is the 729 Focus 3 in hard sponge, or else go with a classic Mark V in Max sponge.

Those who say the Mark V is too slow are probably using an ALL to ALL + rated blade (or else have problems with their swing). Put Mark V on a faster, dense core blade with limba outers, swing it from your hips, and and it is plenty fast enough (unless your ranking is somewhere over the 2k mark - in which case its still hard to go past a T05).

Other possible options include a Loki T3 or Rxton 3 TOP. The T3 is a touch faster than the R3T, and is frankly very underrated. It would be a far more popular rubber if it just produced decent spin more regularly.

The R3T is very similar to the T3, but has different sponge. Still a pretty sharpish rubber speed wise frankly. A hair slower than the T3 but with slightly better spin.

There are other spinnier and faster non-tacky rubbers out there, but in terms of sheer longevity under heavy usage, these ones would all have to be pretty near the top of the pile frankly.

Reactions: Choosikick