Most reliable and long-lasting non-tacky rubbers other than Butterfly.

This user has no status.
I’ve heard it’s quite good. I know that Evolution rubbers die quite fast. Also tried Gewo Nexxus El series and they die after 1.5-2 months as well and Victas V15 Extra blue, maybe it’s only mine but I don’t find it grippy enough.
Don’t know anything about Rasanter, Rakza, Joola/ Xiom/ Stiga series/brands. I have quite bad experience with Donic rubbers though.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I’ve heard it’s quite good. I know that Evolution rubbers die quite fast. Also tried Gewo Nexxus El series and they die after 1.5-2 months as well.
Don’t know anything about Rasanter, Rakza, Joola/ Xiom series/brands. I have quite bad experience with Donic rubbers though.
G-1. I am the third person who said that.

If you want more catapult effect, then Rakza 7.

I would say G-1 is slightly harder than Rakza 7.

The cheapest, then Xiom Vega Asia v.s. Pro. Not sure about their durability but pretty sure better than the Revolution series.

I have fooled around with Gewo Nexxus El, Rasanter and Victas, and they are ok. I prefer Rakza 7.

Rakza 7/X and G-1 last for a long long time.

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Thanks, I’ll definitely check out G-1.
Any other suggestions? I’m really curious about Stiga rubbers because I like their blades…
Stiga Mantra H is a good option too. It's faster and has more grip compared to G1. It's not a durability monster like Fastarc but lasts longer than the MX-P. I'd prefer G1

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Fastarc G1, Ventus Extra, Hexer HD. If you're looking for a medium hardness rubber that is still reasonably solid feeling look at Baracuda.

Isn’t Tibhar Aurus series pre tuned like Evolution as well?
No, at least not the original Aurus series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
it‘d be good if it weren‘t tacky
I have a sheet of Battle II provincial version, blue sponge.

If you are looking for an ESN rubber, then don't get Battle II. It does not play the same.

I have a sheet of Stiga Mantra H Red 2.1mm. I only bought it because it is on special at Dandoy sport.

Personally I would just try G-1, like lots of people said here. You want medium-hard and you want long durability. So people are answering your question.

If you want something that has a bit more catapult than G-1, but just as duration, get Rakza 7 regular (not the soft version). You will not be disappointed.

Don't get tempted by other choices.

Reactions: Choosikick
G1 is in the category of its own, but Cornilleau Target Pro GT and XD, and also Vega X rubbers, are also pretty durable. I've got a strong feeling Cornilleau rubbers play the same for good 2-3 months under heavy use, for perhaps 1/3-times longer than Gewo El pro. Vega X gets a bit softer after a few weeks, but it looks like it stays that way and doesn't deteriorate much further for a long time

This user has no status.
G1 is in the category of its own, but Cornilleau Target Pro GT and XD, and also Vega X rubbers, are also pretty durable. I've got a strong feeling Cornilleau rubbers play the same for good 2-3 months under heavy use, for perhaps 1/3-times longer than Gewo El pro. Vega X gets a bit softer after a few weeks, but it looks like it stays that way and doesn't deteriorate much further for a long time
I found Vega X getting better after weeks. Likely because I'm used with soft sponges. I quite liked that rubber, apart for pushes that I found difficult at my level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I agree Cornilleau Target Pro XD is very durable. Even when the factory tuning is long gone the topsheet don't want to die.

Can you compare Fastarc G-1 to Target Pro? I'm interested to try Fastarc. You are the first to talk about Cornilleau rubbers, they are not very popular but i like how they play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
Personally I would just try G-1, like lots of people said here. You want medium-hard and you want long durability. So people are answering your question.

If you want something that has a bit more catapult than G-1, but just as duration, get Rakza 7 regular (not the soft version). You will not be disappointed.

Don't get tempted by other choices.

I am just curious, is Nittaku Fastarc G-1 the same generation rubbers compared to Rakza 7? Or is it newer generation?

People keep comparing these 2 rubbers but if I remember correctly, Rakza 7 had been around for years, before Fastarc G-1 was introduced.