Most tacky top sheet rubber in your experience.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Good day to all TTD members,

What is the most tacky top sheet rubber in your experience.

Thank you in advance for all of the kind sharing.

Best regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Best regards,
Easy. Hurricane 3. However, I heard the new Hurricane 3 is not as tacky as before. So you might want to get TG3 instead (it is a hurricane variant basically).

I have a sheet of DHS G888 on the forehand side of a defensive blade with long pips on the backhand side. G888 is very tacky too.

Mercury II is also very very tacky. I think it is about 100% of Hurricane 3 tackiness.

Growing up Globe 999 was also very tacky. I think you can still get it via Aliexpress (for old time's sake, I ordered a sheet from Aliexpress but I have not opened it and used it).

Friendship 279 fx (soft) is also tacky but I don't think it is as tacky as Hurricane and Mecury II.

I have tried other Chinese rubbers such as Rxton 1, 3, and 5, Big Dipper, along with Sanwei Target National and Sanwei Target proviincial. They are not as tacky as the rubbers above.

All the hybrids (K1, K2, K3, Dragon Grip, Golden Tango, etc.) are not as tacky as the rubbers listed above.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I haven't tried too many tacky rubbers but the stickiest one was the first one I tried: Yinhe Mercury 2.

Have tried Loki Rxton 5, Rxton 1 Plus, Yinhe Jupiter 3, and 729 Battle 2 Pro after and none have come close.

With Mercury 2 though, the ones that weigh 65g are very tacky (max sponge probably?) while the 60g ones aren't quite as tacky.

This user has no status.

Best regards,
DHS G555. I have a bat with it on the backhand and Hurricane 3 neo on forehand. G555 is so much tackier than Hurricane and is quite fun to play with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Easy. Hurricane 3. However, I heard the new Hurricane 3 is not as tacky as before. So you might want to get TG3 instead (it is a hurricane variant basically).

I have a sheet of DHS G888 on the forehand side of a defensive blade with long pips on the backhand side. G888 is very tacky too.

Mercury II is also very very tacky. I think it is about 100% of Hurricane 3 tackiness.

Growing up Globe 999 was also very tacky. I think you can still get it via Aliexpress (for old time's sake, I ordered a sheet from Aliexpress but I have not opened it and used it).

Friendship 279 fx (soft) is also tacky but I don't think it is as tacky as Hurricane and Mecury II.

I have tried other Chinese rubbers such as Rxton 1, 3, and 5, Big Dipper, along with Sanwei Target National and Sanwei Target proviincial. They are not as tacky as the rubbers above.

All the hybrids (K1, K2, K3, Dragon Grip, Golden Tango, etc.) are not as tacky as the rubbers listed above.
Good day to you sir,

Does Mercury II play good spin as same as Hurricane 3 or Hurricane 3 Neo.

Thank you.

Best regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Good day to you sir,

Thank you.

Best regards,
Yes Mercury II spin is as good as H3 or H3 neo. Mercury II maybe is about 80% of the speed of H3? With heavy boosting that speed gap might be smaller.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Good day to you sir,

Thank you.

Best regards,

It depends on what you mean "play good." If you're a beginner, then Mercury 2 may be easier to play because it has a bit more bounce at low speed and an easier to engage sponge. If you're a pro with great mechanics and can crush the ball, then the H3 will be a much better choice.

Here's a comprehensive review of Mercury 2 and should answer most of your questions about it: https://racketinsight.com/table-tennis/yinhe-mercury-2-review/

Reactions: hclnnkhg