What is the difference of DHS Hurricane 8 VS Hurricane 8-80 rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Good day to all TTD members,

What is the big difference of DHS Hurricane 8 VS Hurricane 8-80 rubber (Tacky top sheet or sponge hardness or weight of rubber).

Thank you in advance for all the kind reply and advise.

Best regards,

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Is H8 mid hardness suitable for BH or would it be better used as FH?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
My Hurricane 8-80, 37d weighted 62 grams CUT, It didn't play horrible but my whole blade felt out of balance. I removed the rubber of my blade and it ripped the sponge. Bad batch probably but i wont try it again. Decent rubber i hear fs but in my experience not worth it.
That is crazy. I have a red 37d at 48g and black 38d at 52g cut.

Reactions: Topspinslinger
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I use H8-80 on fh. Tried the regular H8 but did not really like the hard feeling. Had to put a lot of effort in every stroke. Bear in mind that the 8-80 is not really a speed monster either.

Out of three rubbers one clearly weighed a lot more. I thought it was because it was red but reading the answers above makes me think it is just poor quality control. They are cheaper than Butterfly and ESN alternatives so I guess thats what you get...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Resurrecting this thread.

So H8-80 37 degree is springy like an ESN rubber or not quite?

H8 is more like H3 neo?

the reason why I asked is that TT11 is pricing H8-80 like an ESN rubber at $33.86. With that amount of money, I can get a Xiom Vega Asia or Xiom Vega Japan, both of which I like very much. Both Asia and Japan are tensor rubbers with slight catapult effects but not too much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

H8 is more like H3 neo?

the reason why I asked is that TT11 is pricing H8-80 like an ESN rubber at $33.86. With that amount of money, I can get a Xiom Vega Asia or Xiom Vega Japan, both of which I like very much. Both Asia and Japan are tensor rubbers with slight catapult effects but not too much.
I recently played both H8 and H8-80 on bb boosted. For me, H8 is far superior rubber.

H8 reacts much more to booster, and becomes both a speed and spin demon. It doesnt have esn type of feeling or springiness, it feels dense and hard. But it is fast.

H8-80 doesnt react as much to booster. It feels slower and less responsive. I felt the need to put it on fast blade to correct it. I never truly felt comfortable with it, but maybe I'll come back to it someday

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.

H8 is more like H3 neo?

Hurricane 8 is faster and a better, more dynamic rubber overall.
It has 37 and 38 degree versions of you worry about the hardness.
Btw the 40d version is hard AF so if you don’t boost it it’ll take quite some time to soften up a little but even then it will play like a brick sometimes, especially at passive blocks.

Reactions: JJ Ng