My Mizutani Super ZLC Plus Tenergy 05

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Just to put some perspective into the blade, although the JM SZLC with ternergy is fast, its not crazy fast. In fact I find that in most cases, ALC blades have shorter dwell time than ZLC and the ball leaves the blade faster giving less control. MY JM ZLC flexes when looping which gives more dwell and more control. The ball travels faster than ALC but the control is better. Heck I play better and with more control than my TB ALC. So eventhough he is using a JM SZLC with T05, its not too uncontrollable if you're decent/ above average.

One factor here may be the outer wood ply. The ALC blades you are referring to are probably all the ones with a Koto outer ply like the Viscaria, ZJK ALC and Timo Boll ALC.

The JM blades have a Limba outer ply which is slower, softer, and has more dwell time and control. It would be interesting to see what has more dwell time if they made a JM ALC. Because Arylate is softer and slower than Zylon. So if you compared the Timo Boll ALC to the Timo Boll ZLC, the ALC has more dwell.

And, my money says that if you compare the JM ZLC to an InnerForce ALC, that the IF ALC will have more dwell time. But that is still not a good comparison because IF ALC has 2 layers of Limba before the ALC layer and I believe the JM only has one layer of Limba before the ZLC layer.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
Ive been reading on your comments and You are way above your head kuka.. take a bite on your FAKE blade [emoji25]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

when I get home I will pet and kiss and hug my fake zjkszlc.
do you want me to tell her anything when I meet her?
I hope she doesn't get jealous when my lover the mizutani szlc comes home.....
actually I will have two lovers, amultart is also coming home.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
One factor here may be the outer wood ply. The ALC blades you are referring to are probably all the ones with a Koto outer ply like the Viscaria, ZJK ALC and Timo Boll ALC.

The JM blades have a Limba outer ply which is slower, softer, and has more dwell time and control. It would be interesting to see what has more dwell time if they made a JM ALC. Because Arylate is softer and slower than Zylon. So if you compared the Timo Boll ALC to the Timo Boll ZLC, the ALC has more dwell.

And, my money says that if you compare the JM ZLC to an InnerForce ALC, that the IF ALC will have more dwell time. But that is still not a good comparison because IF ALC has 2 layers of Limba before the ALC layer and I believe the JM only has one layer of Limba before the ZLC layer.

That is probably true as well. But irregardless, because he is still using a JM SZLC which is limba, its really not that uncontrollable due to the nice dwell. Now we need someone who has TB ALC and TB ZLC to make a proper comparison

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016

I don't know the core difference between michael maze and MJ SZLC but I own both and MJ SZLC definitely has less dwell time

Reactions: NextLevel
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That is probably true as well. But irregardless, because he is still using a JM SZLC which is limba, its really not that uncontrollable due to the nice dwell. Now we need someone who has TB ALC and TB ZLC to make a proper comparison

I agree JM blades have more control and are pretty nice. Limba goes much better with ZLC than Koto does.

I have tested. TB ALC is slower and has better dwell time than TB ZLC. The Timo Boll Spark was a blade with Arylate and no carbon (AL). Same wood construction as the other TB blades. Just different composite ply. The TB Spark is slower and has more dwell time than the TB ZLF.

Zylon being faster than Arylate is why Butterfly thought Zylon would be the upgrade-innovation. But it seems more pros like Arylate than Zylon.

I don't know the core difference between michael maze and MJ SZLC but I own both and MJ SZLC definitely has less dwell time

Yep. Exactly. MMaze is very similar to JM except Maze is ALC with Limba top ply and JM is ZLC and/or SZLC with Limba top ply.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Classic SE Asians setup, Primorac carbon or gergely lol

Tamca is really very popular here in Philippines
Gergely, Schlager and Sardius :)

but our national team is sponsored by Donic and Joola
they all use Bluefire and Rhyzm
When you buy Tenergy here in PH from their sponsor companies it costs around $94
I think a ploy to eradicate the Butterfly virus hahaha and promote D and J

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Tamca is really very popular here in Philippines
Gergely, Schlager and Sardius :)

but our national team is sponsored by Donic and Joola
they all use Bluefire and Rhyzm
When you buy Tenergy here in PH from their sponsor companies it costs around $94
I think a ploy to eradicate the Butterfly virus hahaha and promote D and J

Yep the trinity blades in SE Asia basically. I'm from SE Asia myself and I used to use Schlager carbon with Omega IV Pro. I miss the days of smashing with that setup...

This user has no status.
Yep the trinity blades in SE Asia basically. I'm from SE Asia myself and I used to use Schlager carbon with Omega IV Pro. I miss the days of smashing with that setup...

Haha the Holy Trinity there are a lot of classics here in the PH
many players prefer the black tags than the newer ones/versions released by butterfly
I am the only one using a Butterfly setup here in our province lol. They don't like
the Tenergy because of the price and according to them it is uncontrollable.

Wow you use MX-S in your forehand isn't that a bit heavy? I was using MX-S back then
the rubber lacks the catapault that the MX-P has but the spin produced is really something. :D