My new blade OSP Virtuoso+

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
After reading the reviews here, esp the one from Carl, I can’t resist to buy myself a OSP Virtuoso with the purpose of developing my skills with an all wood, superb control blade. I will park my carbonado for now as it’s too fast for my level, at least during match play.

I plan to glue a H3 NEO (orange) to my FH, boosted by the seller and my old Xiom vega Europe DF to BH. My bh is still developing so I prefer a slower bh setup till I am comfortable with more aggressive move.

Would you guys suggest to seal the blade and what should I use? Wood vanish?

So looking forward to playing this blade!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
After reading the reviews here, esp the one from Carl, I can’t resist to buy myself a OSP Virtuoso with the purpose of developing my skills with an all wood, superb control blade. I will park my carbonado for now as it’s too fast for my level, at least during match play.

I plan to glue a H3 NEO (orange) to my FH, boosted by the seller and my old Xiom vega Europe DF to BH. My bh is still developing so I prefer a slower bh setup till I am comfortable with more aggressive move.

Would you guys suggest to seal the blade and what should I use? Wood vanish?

So looking forward to playing this blade!!

Unless uhave lot of money
I would recommend peter from germany
I justbought 3 blades at theprice of half of virtuoso+ good job all handmade u will love his work hea a player too [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDP

This user has no status.

MDP

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 1 reviews
I didn't seal my virtuoso and it didn't need it either.

I don't know how it will play with H3 neo, but for me virtuoso (-) works better with tensor rubbers.

OSP virtuoso is great. I get why it costs the amount it does and for some it will be worth it. I'm just happy I bought mine second hand for a reduced price.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I didn't seal my virtuoso and it didn't need it either.

I don't know how it will play with H3 neo, but for me virtuoso (-) works better with tensor rubbers.

OSP virtuoso is great. I get why it costs the amount it does and for some it will be worth it. I'm just happy I bought mine second hand for a reduced price.

Im playing with h3 neo boosted fh
Tsp spectol blue 1.8mm bh
Loops botheays like a charm on my
Rosewood n core balsa blade [emoji1317]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
Unless uhave lot of money
I would recommend peter from germany
I justbought 3 blades at theprice of half of virtuoso+ good job all handmade u will love his work hea a player too [emoji848]

Unfortunately I haven't seen any handmade blade in real life yet, but from pictures on the internet it seems that OSP blades are made with great craftmanship. Another blade builder that seems to build great quality blades is Ross Leidy. I haven't read much about how they play, but one can't deny that great craftmanship is involved. I haven't seen any blades from Peter yet, do you have some examples?

And yes, OSP blades are more expensive, but so are Butterfly blades. Of course an OSP blade has that 'exclusivity' factor which can be appealing to people. Also, a lot of handwork is involved, so I understand why they cost what they cost.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Unfortunately I haven't seen any handmade blade in real life yet, but from pictures on the internet it seems that OSP blades are made with great craftmanship. Another blade builder that seems the build great quality blades is Ross Leidy. I haven't read much about how they play, but one can't deny that great craftmanship is involved. I haven't seen any blades from Peter yet, do you have some examples?

And yes, OSP blades are more expensive, but so are Butterfly blades. Of course an OSP blade has that 'exclusivity' factor which can be appealing to people. Also, a lot of handwork is involved, so I understand why they cost what they cost.

f9a8e3a401362b5766447ae0c5adb1b2.jpg
2a23a2d8cc3cf860ed9c8d836def7197.jpg
015a5fb73d0bb10dd95a92f35ee60850.jpg
9c65e39b16411629952d439229f837d2.jpg

Reactions: Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
They look quite unique, never really saw a handle with cork in it before.

More power than Viscaria and other ALC blades, what kinds of woods are used?

Haha thats unique designer made
5 layers of core balsa and 2 layers rosewood on top . Handles mix of cork n abachi
Blocks are full of control all on table .
I chose my wood not listed in any brands
I have 2 more blades yet to try next month morw fotos.

Reactions: Jirrex
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey guys, I am looking at this thread and it seems that Gjayesh has hijacked the thread for his own purposes.

If this was a different kind of thread it might be different. But the OP stated he bought a blade. And Gjayesh basically said, you shouldn't have bought that, you should have bought this instead because I like it.

And, I don't know, where I come from, that is just inconsiderate.

Gjayesh, why don't you start a thread talking about those blades instead of hijacking this thread.

But if you want info on those blades, these photos show some serious craftsmanship flaws:

If the grains are not vertical it negatively impacts how the blade plays. That is characteristic of lower quality craftsmanship.

Also, is there a purpose to how unevenly the handles are cut?

Well, actually, don't answer. Make a new thread about your blades. Don't continue the hijacking. You can answer those questions in your new thread.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: splasher78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Hey guys, I am looking at this thread and it seems that Gjayesh has hijacked the thread for his own purposes.

If this was a different kind of thread it might be different. But the OP stated he bought a blade. And Gjayesh basically said, you shouldn't have bought that, you should have bought this instead because I like it.

And, I don't know, where I come from, that is just inconsiderate.

Gjayesh, why don't you start a thread talking about those blades instead of hijacking this thread.

But if you want info on those blades, these photos show some serious craftsmanship flaws:

If the grains are not vertical it negatively impacts how the blade plays. That is characteristic of lower quality craftsmanship.

Also, is there a purpose to how unevenly the handles are cut?

Well, actually, don't answer. Make a new thread about your blades. Don't continue the hijacking. You can answer those questions in your new thread.

Haha funny man [emoji23]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I thought there was a lot of interesting post about OSP Virtuoso then I realise Gjayesh was talking about totally different blades... :p

I will post some pic here once I receive it. Hopefully I will see the vertical grain on my OSP and a proper handle made of comfortable wood, not a blade cut from plywood with a handle made of wine bottle cork!! hahahaha

@Carl - as a owner of this blade yourself, would you recommend sealing the wood?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I like sealing my blades. So I did seal my OSP blades. But I don't think it is needed.

Several TT companies make a blade dealer that should be fine. But I like to use something called Minwax Wipe-On Poly. You wipe it on with a cloth and so you can put a very thin layer. I use one thin layer. I feel like sealing protects the wood from the water in the water based glues.

But it is definitely a choice and not something you need to do.

Reactions: Suga D and Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I thought there was a lot of interesting post about OSP Virtuoso then I realise Gjayesh was talking about totally different blades... :p

I will post some pic here once I receive it. Hopefully I will see the vertical grain on my OSP and a proper handle made of comfortable wood, not a blade cut from plywood with a handle made of wine bottle cork!! hahahaha

@Carl - as a owner of this blade yourself, would you recommend sealing the wood?

I smell smoke and i rest my comments [emoji1317]