My newly bought racket is too fast, what can I do?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
The AK-47s are capable rubbers, but play quite fast .. In terms of speed, the RED variant, runs a notch or so, below the MXP, and the blue one is a bit slower than the RED one .. Neither are recommended for entry-level players.. Keep the blade, but swap-out the rubbers for something like Yinhe Earth II (Soft) ... Alternately, you could switch to Sanwei T88-III .. or use one on each side.. Earth is an inexpensive rubber, and offers loads of Control .. T88-III too is the same...

Sorry, but I am pretty surprise that AK-47 is considered to be fast rubber. I use the yellow one (in between red and blue types) and I think the speed is about the same with un-tuned / un-boosted regular Mark V with less spin. I use it to test various blades, as it is much cheaper compared to Mark V.

Back to the topic: I think the OP needs to state what he or she used before (and at what playing level he/she is) before we can asses the problem and come up with solution.

In addition, we have played with various fast blades (Viscaria, Primorac Carbon, TB ALC, etc.) so we think that Stiga Allround Evolution (or Yinhe Earth-3 in this case) is a slow blade. We also think AK-47 is just a medium fast rubber. But we forget that for other players, such blade and rubbers combination might be too fast for him/her.

So Carl is correct in asking for footage of his/her play.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews

Sorry, but I am pretty surprise that AK-47 is considered to be fast rubber. I use the yellow one (in between red and blue types) and I think the speed is about the same with un-tuned / un-boosted regular Mark V with less spin. I use it to test various blades, as it is much cheaper compared to Mark V.

Back to the topic: I think the OP needs to state what he or she used before (and at what playing level he/she is) before we can asses the problem and come up with solution.

In addition, we have played with various fast blades (Viscaria, Primorac Carbon, TB ALC, etc.) so we think that Stiga Allround Evolution (or Yinhe Earth-3 in this case) is a slow blade. We also think AK-47 is just a medium fast rubber. But we forget that for other players, such blade and rubbers combination might be too fast for him/her.

So Carl is correct in asking for footage of his/her play.

I have AK-47 Yellow and the Mark V glued onto the same blade, AK-47 is noticeably faster and bouncier than the Mark V .. Yes, I agree, it has less spin than the Mark V.

The AK-47 Blue - I'd rate in the same range as the Xiom Vega Series of rubbers, in terms of speed .. Once again, with a bit less spin, and even bounce..

The Red version is the fastest of the 3 .. The Speed, and bounce is a bit less than MXP .. .. It can be lacking a bit in the spin department..

These rubbers may not be in the same league as the Tenergys, & Evolutions, but when you factor in the price, they're pretty awesome ..

The biggest downside, I'd say is the manufacturing & durability inconsistencies .. Different sheets of the same rubber, MAY not play the same .. Some sheets have lastest me for almost a year, other have deteriorated within 3-4 months..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I think that the AK47 Red could be a bit bouncy for a beginner, but it takes time to adjust to new equipment. If you play the way you say with full elbow extension, swinging fast with much power I see that the AK47 Red makes the balls fly too long. Work on your touch, and don't swing like crazy if you use this setup. If you don't have a problem with too grippy/tacky rubbers, something like Hurricane 3 Neo 39deg could be good. A couple of slower alternatives could be LOKI Rxton III, Palio HK1997 Gold. Half tacky, good control and slower than H3N. Tacky rubbers are often more spin sensitive than non tacky, so if you're looking for a non tacky rubber, check out 729 Focus III Snipe 44deg. These three are all quite low price rubbers, but very much value for the money. I use to buy them from Aliexpress.