Need advice for buying my second bat.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
What do you think about Nitttaku Fastark G-1?
I played with G-1 on my backhand for 3 years. It is fine. Fastarc series has the least catapult effect out of the ESN. G-1 is fast and it is very direct. Wherever you want the ball to go, it will go there. I personally would start with C-1 and get used to the Fastarc series before upgrading to G-1. Nobody reallly uses P-1 or S-1. You can strike those two out of the equations.

G-1 and C-1 I believe are two of the best selling rubbers on TT11 and in Japan.

Reactions: BigFanOfTableTennis
says Hey! I'm a big fan of table tennis but also a...
Jun 2023
I understand you are using H3. Any reason you don't want to try Dignics 09c? That sounds more reasonable than trying Tenergy 05.

Today I played with my club mate's inner carbon ZLC blade with Dignics 09c on both sides. It felt very very good. I have been using H3 neo for like 5 year already. When I loop forehand with his blade, I can feel a familiarity with that blade. If he has put Tenergy 05 on the forehand, I would not have liked it for sure.
Dignics 09c seems good enough, I might buy that instead.

Thanks a lot for the advice!

BigFan

Reactions: JJ Ng
What do you think about Nitttaku Fastark G-1?

It’s OK, but I like Hammond Z2 better. Probably subconsciously because Z2 is made in Japan and G1 is an ESN rubber. The evolution series from Tibhar has made me turn away from ESN. Don’t like any of them. I do have a hybrid MK lined up but it turns out to be not any tack at all so we’ll see about that…

Cheers
L-zr

Dignics 09c seems good enough, I might buy that instead.

Thanks a lot for the advice!

BigFan

Just as bad as Tenergy, but in a different way,You need to be a great player effectively use this. Its like playing with a brick.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Wrighty67
Jun 2023
We’ll 09C is rated 44, that’s even harder than H3 hard…

Cheers
L-zr
I'm getting kinda confused. So a few questions: what rubber is the most suitible for me? Second and most important question: Who do I trust; @Lazer or @JJ Ng ?

BigFan

H3 feels quite suitible for me; the right amount of most things.

BigFan
Chinese degree of hardness scale is different than ESN scale which is different than Japan/Butterfly scale.

I know 2 scales Shore A and Shore 0.
And butterfly uses shore A as far as I know. I never played dignics09C, but I have played H3. Don’t remember exactly what hardness but it was significantly softer than my Glayser09C and Dignics09C is even harder.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Gozo Aruna
I'm getting kinda confused. So a few questions: what rubber is the most suitible for me? Second and most important question: Who do I trust; @Lazer or @JJ Ng ?

BigFan

Trust Yourself…
But I would never recommend a Tenergy or a Dignics to someone who has only played for one year…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok, I have bought the Rozena for BH, D09c for FH and falcima for my blade.
Thanks for all the advice to everyone who commented.

Bigfan
Got it. Please tell us how you like your new equipment. Hope they last you for a couple years! But if you want to fine tune it, please let us know.

Reactions: BigFanOfTableTennis
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
It’s OK, but I like Hammond Z2 better. Probably subconsciously because Z2 is made in Japan and G1 is an ESN rubber. The evolution series from Tibhar has made me turn away from ESN. Don’t like any of them. I do have a hybrid MK lined up but it turns out to be not any tack at all so we’ll see about that…

Cheers
L-zr
Have you tried MX-S?