Need advice for buying my second bat.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I am going to buy the Buterfly falcima, BH Butterfly Rozena, FH Butterfly tenergy hard. What do you guys think about this?

BigFan
T05 Hard.
Are you under proper training by a qualified coach. If yes, consult your coach if this is right for you. If no, don't be so gung-ho on the Hard.

T05 Hard also means Hard to use.

Reactions: JJ Ng and jk1980
says Hey! I'm a big fan of table tennis but also a...
Jun 2023
T05 Hard.
Are you under proper training by a qualified coach. If yes, consult your coach if this is right for you. If no, don't be so gung-ho on the Hard.

T05 Hard also means Hard to use.
What do u think about at least how long should I play for before using T05 Hard?

This question is also for JJ Ng too.

BigFan

I am going to buy the Buterfly falcima, BH Butterfly Rozena, FH Butterfly tenergy hard. What do you guys think about this?

BigFan

Stay away from Tenergy, Use Rozena on both sides instead.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
What do u think about at least how long should I play for before using T05 Hard?

BigFan
I have no idea. It depends on how your coaching and practicing go. could be 3 months. could be 5 years.

Honestly, I am not even touching Tenergy regular right now. I have been using T05 fx, T64 fx and T80 fx on the backhand side. I am satisfied with that.

I think you will know when to move from T05 to T05 hard when you get to the level. I know when I outgrow my equipment. The common denominator is I am able to play all the shots with a certain rubber but now the ball is returned a bit slow and my opponents are now countering me. At that point, I know it is time to upgrade my rubber.

So your opponents will also let you know when you are ready to upgrade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I want to buy a better rubber so I don't have to buy as much and it will suit me better for later.

BigFan
I understand you are using H3. Any reason you don't want to try Dignics 09c? That sounds more reasonable than trying Tenergy 05.

Today I played with my club mate's inner carbon ZLC blade with Dignics 09c on both sides. It felt very very good. I have been using H3 neo for like 5 year already. When I loop forehand with his blade, I can feel a familiarity with that blade. If he has put Tenergy 05 on the forehand, I would not have liked it for sure.

Reactions: Choosikick
I want to buy a better rubber so I don't have to buy as much and it will suit me better for later.

BigFan

What most likely will happen is that because Tenergy has a huge amount of catapult, you are going to hit you balls way long. This will make you hold back and slow progress down. It is much much better to use a setup that is a little too slow than a setup that is a little too fast…

Regarding how long, impossible to say but one year is definitely not enough.
If it was time you would not have this question…
But it is your money…

Cheers
L-zr

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
You can go to tabletennis11.com and if you order 300 euros of stuff, you get 30% off...

You could get Der_Echte's super spin and control setup for under 100 US Dolleros.

Donic Persson Powerplay blade - $27 USD
Donic Bluestorm Z3 (a soft rubber) $36 USD
Tibhar Aurus Soft .................................. $27 USD

That is $90 USD with free DHL shipping (assuming a 300 euro + order)

I usually get friends' orders too when I order.

Reactions: Choosikick
If you want to set yourself up to play with Tenergy sometime in the future, get Nittaku Hammond Z2 instead. It’s much much easier to play with, but your strokes are very similar. The rumor has it that it is a hard rubber, but in reality it feels soft.

Cheers
L-zr

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

BigFan
It is not about time, it is about skill set.

T05 Hard has an ESN equivalent sponge hardness of 50. As a comparison, a super-duper fast rubber like MXP has an ESN equivalent sponge hardness of 47.5.

A hard sponge you need both athleticism and technical know-how to properly engage the sponge beneath. Athleticism means your physical strength whereas technical know-how means the ability to have the proper body mechanics and timing to loop the ball over. Without technical know-how and only athleticism, the ball will overshoot the table. If you can properly loop with good technique but are of poor physical strength, the ball will hit the net.

If you are not under proper guidance, T05 Hard will bring much unhappiness and frustration: You will curse, wail, berate the rubber!

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozed
Jun 2023
I understand you are using H3. Any reason you don't want to try Dignics 09c? That sounds more reasonable than trying Tenergy 05.

Today I played with my club mate's inner carbon ZLC blade with Dignics 09c on both sides. It felt very very good. I have been using H3 neo for like 5 year already. When I loop forehand with his blade, I can feel a familiarity with that blade. If he has put Tenergy 05 on the forehand, I would not have liked it for sure.
Ok, I will look at Dignics 09c

Reactions: JJ Ng
Jun 2023
If you want to set yourself up to play with Tenergy sometime in the future, get Nittaku Hammond Z2 instead. It’s much much easier to play with, but your strokes are very similar. The rumor has it that it is a hard rubber, but in reality it feels soft.

Cheers
L-zr
What do you think about Nitttaku Fastark G-1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Ok, I will look at Dignics 09c
I love my 30% discount on TT11 so that's why I am not touching Butterfly product.

But many people also say, rightfully so, that Butterfly works for them and it is the best. And they plan to use the set up for years. I agree with that as well. I mean the dominance of Butterfly products in top players cannot be disputed. And with how competitive top players are, I doubt they will play with inferior products just because they are sponsored (but that also begs the question that hurricane might still be the best forehand rubber than others).

However, I do think T05 hard is going to be too fast for you. Look around for someone playing with Dignics 09c. You will not be disappointed.

Jun 2023
You can go to tabletennis11.com and if you order 300 euros of stuff, you get 30% off...

You could get Der_Echte's super spin and control setup for under 100 US Dolleros.

Donic Persson Powerplay blade - $27 USD
Donic Bluestorm Z3 (a soft rubber) $36 USD
Tibhar Aurus Soft .................................. $27 USD

That is $90 USD with free DHL shipping (assuming a 300 euro + order)

I usually get friends' orders too when I order.
Thanks for the advice.