New Allround (+) 5-ply blade - Which one to choose?

Yasaka Sweden Extra, Powerallround, Allround Evolution have the same thickness, which is approximately 6 mm. I think it is the ideal thickness for allwood blades to deal with new 40+ plastic ball.

Composition wise:

Powerallround and Allround Evolution: limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba

Sweden Extra: anegre - limba - ayous - limba - anegre (if I remember correctly, especially the limba part)

While three of them are considered soft blades, but Sweden Extra gives you that bit of "crisp" feeling because of the anegre.

Speed wise, I think they are all about the same, depending on the weight of the blade.

Allround evolution is thinner and a little bit slower than Sweden extra. A have had both blades and if get of select one it must be the Sweden Extra. The only Donic blade I have experience with is Appelgren Allplay and this one is too flexy for me.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The Yasaka Sweden Extra was mentioned a lot from you. While reading, I can see that a lot of users recommend this blade.
Sadly I don’t know anybody using it in my area.
YSE is IMHO a very nice, controlled and well-balanced blade, but I always felt that it lacked gears for your attacking style.
Hi everyone,
The reason I am looking for a downgrade of my current blade (off blades) is to become safer and get more balls on the table in match play.

My style of play:
Forehand dominant, topspin opening on backspin as quickly as possible, and direct follow-up to the point. Backhand all-round game (pushing, blocking, placement), but the soft top spin opening on backspin is also part of it and should be further developed.
Generally very "spinny" game with a lot of spin, rather less drives or direct game. Try to play near the table, from half-distance on the forehand but also actively with counter topspin / shots.

My rubbers currently: FH - Donic Bluefire M2 2.0 // BH: Donic Bluefire M3 1.8 or Andro Hexer Powergrip SFX 1.9

A light, smith like 78-80 g, Nittaku Acoustic would be a wonderful option. It is super controlled, very spinny and has much more gears. It's rated as OFF but a light Acoustic is really feels like an All+ blade with new balls. And later on switching to a heavier 90g Acoustic which is a proper OFF and as good a weapon as 5-ply goes.
As for rubbers, your mileage may vary, but I don't really like Bluefire, it's more of a straightforward direct hitting rubber to me really. I'd rather use Gold Arc 8 for your game.

Reactions: Marc