New Allround (+) 5-ply blade - Which one to choose?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Hi everyone,
The reason I am looking for a downgrade of my current blade (off blades) is to become safer and get more balls on the table in match play.

My style of play:
Forehand dominant, topspin opening on backspin as quickly as possible, and direct follow-up to the point. Backhand all-round game (pushing, blocking, placement), but the soft top spin opening on backspin is also part of it and should be further developed.
Generally very "spinny" game with a lot of spin, rather less drives or direct game. Try to play near the table, from half-distance on the forehand but also actively with counter topspin / shots.

Since I've looked into myself, I definitely want to play a very good all-round blade, which gives me more control and security and supports my strengths (topspin opening, safe blocking, spinny services and safe returns).
I think I used to play an Donic Appelgren Allplay when I was young.
After a lot of reading / research I have chosen the following two blades:

- Donic Persson power all-round
- Stiga Allround Evolution

If I understand correctly, the basic structure of the blades is very similar and they are 5.7 to 5.8mm thick.
Are there any specific advantages and disadvantages of the blades mentioned?
Are there noticeable differences in touch (hard/soft, stiff/flexible, vibration)?
Which of the blades might be better suited for my (targeted) game system?

My rubbers currently: FH - Donic Bluefire M2 2.0 // BH: Donic Bluefire M3 1.8 or Andro Hexer Powergrip SFX 1.9

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
There are 3 blades that are basically the same blade:

Stiga Allround Evolution
Donic Persson Powerallround
Tibhar Samsonov Premium Contact

All three of them are composed of limba - ayous (red) - ayous - ayous (red) - limba.

All three of them are around 5.9 - 6 mm in thickness.

The differences are in the shape of the handle and the shape (size) of the head, which will make them feel a bit different from each other.

So basically you can get any of them and you will get what you want in term of less speed and more control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Stiga Allround Evolution

All three of them are composed of limba - ayous (red) - ayous - ayous (red) - limba.

The differences are in the shape of the handle and the shape (size) of the head, which will make them feel a bit different from each other.

So basically you can get any of them and you will get what you want in term of less speed and more control.
I agree

The difference is so marginal, get either of them and work your way up from there.

Reactions: PakDa1988
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Stiga Allround Evolution

I have a Tibhar Samsonov Premium Contact. I like that blade. Not the best looking handle but it feels very comfortable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
try Yasaka Sweden Extra
Lol, I EJ way too much. I don't think I should buy a Yasaka Sweden Extra into my collection. You need to see my collection of paddles right now. It is out of control. I need to see how I can unloaded some to my club mates.

Reactions: Syed Karar Haider
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
i just can recommend you the blade i use, the Neottec Magic Control, i also downgraded from faster blades and probably not coming back.

If you want more punch maybe try the Gamma or the Amagi models, which are marketed as ALL+
Agree with Neottec. They make very very good Japanese made products at very good price. Nothing wrong with any of the Neottec products (glue, blades and rubbers) that they have made.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
With the 40+ plastic ball, I feel that some of those classic blades are not that well suited anymore, even for beginners.

I think at least we need a bit of "back bone", i.e. stiffness, to deal with this 40+ plastic ball.

So I opted for Yasaka Sweden Extra or Tibhar Samsonov Alpha, if a beginner asked for my opinion. Although Appelgren Allplay and Allround Classic are the standard beginner blades back then, I think they are too flexible and vibrate more with the new plastic ball.

I have no objection also for Allround Evolution, PowerAllround or Premium Contact, as inquired by the OP.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
With the 40+ plastic ball, I feel that some of those classic blades are not that well suited anymore, even for beginners.

I think at least we need a bit of "back bone", i.e. stiffness, to deal with this 40+ plastic ball.

So I opted for Yasaka Sweden Extra or Tibhar Samsonov Alpha, if a beginner asked for my opinion. Although Appelgren Allplay and Allround Classic are the standard beginner blades back then, I think they are too flexible and vibrate more with the new plastic ball.

I have no objection also for Allround Evolution, PowerAllround or Premium Contact, as inquired by the OP.
I personally think OP should start with OFF-. I don't like ALL and ALL+ in the era of 40+ plastic ball either. I like Tibhar Samsonov Alpha too. The finish is definitely better than Samsonov Premium Contact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Thank you everyone for your feedback and opinions.

The Yasaka Sweden Extra was mentioned a lot from you. While reading, I can see that a lot of users recommend this blade.
Sadly I don’t know anybody using it in my area.

What are the differences between the Yasaka Sweden extra and the other two I am interested in (Donic Persson Powerallround or Stiga Allround evolution)?
Or are these three blades similar in touch, speed and gameplay?
Are there any outstanding advantages or disadvantages?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Lol, I EJ way too much. I don't think I should buy a Yasaka Sweden Extra into my collection. You need to see my collection of paddles right now. It is out of control. I need to see how I can unloaded some to my club mates.
I respect your opinion, however I used to play with Yasaka Sweden Extra and found this giving excellent control and decent speed

The Yasaka Sweden Extra was mentioned a lot from you. While reading, I can see that a lot of users recommend this blade.

What are the differences between the Yasaka Sweden extra and the other two I am interested in (Donic Persson Powerallround or Stiga Allround evolution)?

Seriously, it hardly matters they are all very similar. Select a 5 ply all wood blade just shy of 6mm in thickness (5.7 - 5.9 ). There you will have your all* - off- blade
The veneer should be 2 thin outer layers and one thicker core layer. That is a well proven design.
The maker does not matter much.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews

Yasaka Sweden Extra, Powerallround, Allround Evolution have the same thickness, which is approximately 6 mm. I think it is the ideal thickness for allwood blades to deal with new 40+ plastic ball.

Composition wise:

Powerallround and Allround Evolution: limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba

Sweden Extra: anegre - limba - ayous - limba - anegre (if I remember correctly, especially the limba part)

While three of them are considered soft blades, but Sweden Extra gives you that bit of "crisp" feeling because of the anegre.

Speed wise, I think they are all about the same, depending on the weight of the blade.