New Blade?

AJW

This user has no status.
Hi everyone,
So I have a Donic CarboFleece Blade with Donic Bluegrip C1 on the forehand and DIndic Bluefire M2 on the backhand. Recently my blade cracked and I need a new one. I really like my current blade and want to try something slightly different with more control. I like the speed of the blade and the feel but I want to try something different. My budget is under 100 pounds for the blade. I have looked round the internet and seen some that look good however although I have been playing for 4 years I am relatively inexperienced with what to look for. I am an offensive player who plays mid - distance but also wants good control with flicks and touch shots. Any good recommendations for similar blades with the differences as I have stated? I was planning on keeping the BlueFire M2 on the backhand but getting a new forehand rubber. Also with the blade I want something relatively durable.
Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi everyone,
So I have a Donic CarboFleece Blade with Donic Bluegrip C1 on the forehand and DIndic Bluefire M2 on the backhand. Recently my blade cracked and I need a new one. I really like my current blade and want to try something slightly different with more control. I like the speed of the blade and the feel but I want to try something different. My budget is under 100 pounds for the blade. I have looked round the internet and seen some that look good however although I have been playing for 4 years I am relatively inexperienced with what to look for. I am an offensive player who plays mid - distance but also wants good control with flicks and touch shots. Any good recommendations for similar blades with the differences as I have stated? I was planning on keeping the BlueFire M2 on the backhand but getting a new forehand rubber. Also with the blade I want something relatively durable.
Thanks!
try something like a victas koki niwa carbon, apparently they have fleece carbon as well, it is a thick blade, but that would contribute to adding the slight weight you want out of your new blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi everyone,
Thanks!
it is quite expensive tho 189 pounds, maybe look for sellers? It is a great choice...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi everyone,
Thanks!
For composite blade, with lots of control, light and under 100 pounds, then I would recommend Tibhar Fortino Performance.

The head size is slightly smaller than an usual blade so that in itself will cut down on the weight of the overall blade once you attach two rubberrs to it.

The blade is $86 US dollars on TT11. Get a few club mates together and order in bulk and TT11 will give you 25-30% discount on top of that.

Just to give you some perspective, I do not like harder outer carbon blades such as Viscaria and Acoustic carbon. I love my 5-ply all wood Tibhar Stratus Power Wood (SPW). When I played with Fortino Performance it is clearly faster than SPW without a lost in touch. I was impressed. Do not get others in the Fortino series. They are all constructed differently. Performance is the only one I have tested and I would recommend it.

I was tempted to buy others in the series until I read the review about how all the different blades in the series are quite different from each other.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Skachkov Carbon or Baum Esprit = two Viscaria-style outer carbon blades from Donic with a larger head (160 mm x 152 mm). Good blades especially for their price.
According to reviews the Donic True Carbon Inner (TCI) is a tamed down Viscaria. Normal head size, lighter, quite flexible/thin, slower than Viscaria. TCI and Balsa Carbo Fleece have the same speed according to Donic.

AJW

This user has no status.
Skachkov Carbon or Baum Esprit = two Viscaria-style outer carbon blades from Donic with a larger head (160 mm x 152 mm). Good blades especially for their price.
According to reviews the Donic True Carbon Inner (TCI) is a tamed down Viscaria. Normal head size, lighter, quite flexible/thin, slower than Viscaria. TCI and Balsa Carbo Fleece have the same speed according to Donic.
I have actually played with this blade and I found it to be uncomfortable in the hand however I did like the speed and control. I also came upon the Xiom Stradivarius and saw some very good reviews, what do you think of this blade?