Viscaria FL vs Donic Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Hi, I am looking to get a new blade and need some advice. So far I like the Viscaria FL and Donic Waldner Ultra senso carbon. However, I am a little confused.
I feel Viscaria offers better control along with good power, but it is slightly heavier and expensive.
Waldner is in my price range, light weight, good power, but seemed unforgiving in terms of control.

Which blade should I go for?

The rubbers I prefer are:
FH: Hurricane 3 with Blue Sponge
BH: Fasttarc C1 or Bluefire M2

Would appreciate any input from the community. Thanks in advance! :)

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Viscaria is outer carbon, wusc is inner carbon
Viscaria has hard top ply (koto), wusc has soft top ply (Limba)
Viscaria is quite fast, wusc is quite slow

„Control“ is very subjective, but from an objective point of view, wusc is much easier to control than Viscaria.

If you anyway like to go with a viscaria, get a cheaper used one or get a Chinese copy cat, like Yinhe pro 01

Reactions: Shawshank21
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi, I am looking to get a new blade and need some advice. So far I like the Viscaria FL and Donic Waldner Ultra senso carbon. However, I am a little confused.
I feel Viscaria offers better control along with good power, but it is slightly heavier and expensive.
Waldner is in my price range, light weight, good power, but seemed unforgiving in terms of control.

Which blade should I go for?

The rubbers I prefer are:
FH: Hurricane 3 with Blue Sponge
BH: Fasttarc C1 or Bluefire M2

Would appreciate any input from the community. Thanks in advance! :)
I had posted a review of Donic Senso Ultra Senso Carbon. Please have a look at that, in case you have questions I will try to answer them for you. For Viscaria, TTD has posted a quality review with Liam Pitchford. You can check that as well. I own both these blades and have played considerably with them with different rubbers. So feel free to ask.

Reactions: Shawshank21