New Butterfly robot Amicus PRO

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
TheProPlayer and aurelio: Are you still happy with your amicus pro?
Do all the balls played to the forehand have sidespin like in the video?
Is it possible to change the direction of the head of the amicus, so that you don't have the sidespin?

Hi,
Yes. I'm happy with it.
I practice with it a lot less than in the beginning but I wouldn't trade it...
Regarding the sidespin balls, of course you can change them. you can define the robot to throw any ball you can think of.
If I were you I would wait for the new "Amicus Bat" robot (with programming panel) to arrive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
I talked to the german Butterfly-crew lately (had a question about how to oil the head of the Amicus Pro, something that must be done halfyearly), they told me that maybe a new console will follow end of 2012. Basically, the actual console for the Amicus Pro is just a refined model of the the Amicus 1000' console:

Control Panel Mounted.png
What do the top nobs do?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
If I were you I would wait for the new "Amicus Bat" robot (with programming panel) to arrive.
I wrote an email to Butterfly Germany and today I received this answer:

"The launch date of the new robot is not fixed yet, but it will not be in the first half of 2013. Probably not before September."

:( Now I don't know if I should buy the Amicus pro or wait for the Amicus bat. You can get the Amicus pro for 799,99 € at Butterfly Germany this month.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I wrote an email to Butterfly Germany and today I received this answer:

"The launch date of the new robot is not fixed yet, but it will not be in the first half of 2013. Probably not before September."

:( Now I don't know if I should buy the Amicus pro or wait for the Amicus bat. You can get the Amicus pro for 799,99 € at Butterfly Germany this month.

Hi,
So buy it and wait for the upgrade (this is what I did), 800€ is a good price for this robot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Yes. "BAT" won't be released first half of 2013. :-(
Marketing issue.

"BAT" because -as I wrote- name not yet fixed.

TyuTyu

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
"Bat"

Hi,

FYI some news:
The second hw production batch is ready ;-). So we have many "Bat" again :)
The sw fine tuned :) (~1% changes compare to sw state in nov.)
The name won't be Bat, it's sure now.
Release Q3(?) of 2013.

I'm "free to start" begin the next robot :)

TyuTyu

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hi guys,

End of this week the distributors can see (there will be a meeting) the new robot beta version...
Features:
-like a pro, but 6 individual balls (place, spin, side spin, trajectory, speed)
-rnd
-you can change only the controlbox (same base with pro)

View attachment 2630

TyuTyu

Hi TyuTyu,
Is this picture of the control box is the final version you mentioned? how much butterfly would sell it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Thank you for the new information!

Here some information from me:
I have the Amicus Pro for three weeks now and I'm very happy with it. :D
It makes a lot of fun to do training with it. I also use it for the youth training in our table tennis club and all players liked the training with the Amicus very much.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I am in the market for a training robot and did a lot of review of existing robots.
This new Amicus (Bat) seems most appealing in terms of price (hope it is not far off from Amicus pro) and functions.
Status update will be greatly appreciated.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I'm following this thread with interest as I'm about to buy a robot. I think I'll wait for the new Amicus "Bat" to come out though as it must be close to it's release now.

One question I do have though is, what happens when the new Poly balls come out next year. Will Butterfly offer any sort of modification to the robot so that the new balls can be used? Or will we all have to buy new robots?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I can't say the price. I think marketing guy release it soon. I know I said it earlier too, but the robot is ready (always little enhancement...) from last November.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Thanks.

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see what arrives. I'm going to hold out until the new robot comes out before I buy anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I was just wondering if anyone on here had heard any more about the new robot? I tried calling the main Butterfly supplier here in the UK and they weren't even aware that a new robot was coming out (and they appear to be pretty well informed).

I've already ordered my table from them, but obviously my goal is to get a robot to use on it. I just don't want to order the old model if a new one is about to come out. Therefore if anyone has heard anything further, I'd love to know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I just thought I'd bump this thread to say that after emailing Butterfly directly, they responded and told me the following below:

"The new Amicus robot will be on the market probably from early September. We will send full information to our representatives as soon as these are completed which will be around mid August. They should then introduce this machine on their website right away. Therefore please keep a bit further patience and check out with your Butterfly dealer in about a month."

I'm not sure if anyone has heard anything further, but there has been no news here in the UK. If anyone know anything, I'd be grateful to hear :)