Bloom Power on FH, Bloom ? on BH

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023
Besides de blade in my profile I have a Sanwei 75 Outer and I like the Bloom Power on the FH side.
I was hitting some balls today with that blade and I like the non-bounce property of Bloom-Power, what you hit is what you get.
On the BH I have AK47-red-sponge, but that's a rocket. Ok.. I can glue AK47-yellow or blue on the BH to slow it down, but the durability :-( is meh. I started with Palio AK47-blue in in August and these rubbers are already gone.. chipped at the edges.

So I was thinking, what is a good BH rubber from the 729 Friendship Bloom family
I am think, spin or arc
speed.. nah not needing that
control.. would I have problems lifting the ball over the net?
leaves me with spin or arc
who has experience with these rubbers and have some sane advise :)

This user has no status.
If you like what the AK47 brings in general, maybe look at other non-tacky options. Yinhe Moon and Loki T3 spring to mind, especially the Moon since its available in several hardnesses, so you can try what you like.

If you are a looper on BH as well, why not try a Bloom Power on BH as well? Maybe the 45 hardness one on BH, 47 on FH?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
If you liked BP only on FH and didn't on BH you won't like either BA or BSpin or BSpeed. They are quite similar. BP has the most potential. BA is about the same but a bit more dead and the arc is lower. I didn't try the BSpin and BSpeed but due to the reviews BSpeed is like BP but lighter and the speed is easier to achieve. BSpin is just slower. BSpeed 45 or BP 45 or BSpin for spin oriented BH should be the best options for BH but I'd choose 47(I like hard rubbers on BH)

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
729 Bloom rubbers are mainly (in my opinion) suited for forehand and like Fnub writes, they are all quite similar in their properties. AK47 series are quite soft and untacky, and the soft top sheet often gets chipped in the edges (like most other softer top sheets).

You could check out 729 Dragon F & L series, These are a bit more heavy, but feels more solid regarding durability.
Pimplepark Epos is softer and tacky. Very nice for both backhand and forehand.
729 Focus III Snipe is a bit similar to AK47, but may be worth a try?
Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg is my own favorite. Half tacky rubber with a softer feeling.
729 Presto Max Spin is also really nice. Untacky and gives you a bit faster, but softer feeling. A bit more expensive though.
729 Master GT & GS is nice too, but might be a bit slow and hard for backhand...?

Reactions: riemsesy and Fnub
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
729 Bloom rubbers are mainly (in my opinion) suited for forehand and like Fnub writes, they are all quite similar in their properties. AK47 series are quite soft and untacky, and the soft top sheet often gets chipped in the edges (like most other softer top sheets).

You could check out 729 Dragon F & L series, These are a bit more heavy, but feels more solid regarding durability.
Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg is my own favorite. Half tacky rubber with a softer feeling.
729 Presto Max Spin is also really nice. Untacky and gives you a bit faster, but softer feeling. A bit more expensive though.
729 Master GT & GS is nice too, but might be a bit slow and hard for backhand...?
How does 729 Dragon series react to booster?

says EJ-Victim
says EJ-Victim
Sep 2023

If you narrow this list down to two choices you’d prefer on the BH which rubbers would that be?

Mocker, which Chinese rubber would you recommend for someone who likes some speed with a fair amount of catapult?

Cheers
L-zr

Tacky: LAC, Bloom Power, Jupiter 3, Big Dipper
Untacky: AK47, Moon 12, Aurora Max boosted
No my friend Bloom power is definitely one of them. It’s waaay too slow for BH.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Mocker, which Chinese rubber would you recommend for someone who likes some speed with a fair amount of catapult?

Cheers
L-zr
Hi Lazer. Rubbers that would work for my backhand (not super good technique). These have more elastic top sheets than Bloom Power and a softer feeling.

Tacky
Giant Dragon - Storm Soft
Giant Dragon - TopEnergy Soft
729 - Dragon F
DHS - Hurricane 9 Pink & Green
DHS - Hurricane 8-80
Pimplepark - Epos
Yinhe - Big Dipper 38 & 39 deg
LOKI - GTX Pro

Untacky
Palio AK47 Blue & Yellow
729 - Focus III Snipe 42 & 44deg
729 - Dragon L
729 - Presto Max Spin
Sanwei - Gear Hyper 37deg

The favorite is my current, Yinhe - Big Dipper 38deg. Best control and good properties for attacking as well. With a bit of Seamoon Booster though.

Reactions: Lazer and riemsesy