New Stiga Mantra Pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
One more thing which I'm not sure how relevant it is, but Tenergy and Dignics, especially 64, but it is valid for 05 and 80 too, the edges chip off from ball contact. This is not a thing with 09c since that has a thick top sheet nad it's more durable.
Mantra Pro, no problem, I still have some hairs that I left on when I didn't cut the rubber properly. You know you miscut and some hair is created.

Mantra Pro is much better in varying conditions. Cold humidity, hot humidity, no issue. Butterfly is acceptable but most of ESN rubbers take a dump in cold. I noticed this with old Mantra too few years ago when all my teammates were struggling in cold humid and I was a happy chappy. Hell, shit conditions give an advantage to Mantra and Pro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
One more thing I noticed since I glued 2 new sheets of Mantra Pro on a Cybershape. Like all rubbers, this also has some anti-stick material on the top so that during production the workers can remove it more easily from the mold. Kinda like how crepes and pancakes are easier to remove from teflon pan. They just use other tricks with rubbers and tires.

Anyway, once you rub off this material the rubber is not ready yet it needs 1-2 days to be exposed to oxygen so it can oxidize a little. I noticed the newly assembled paddle was dropping the ball while my 5months old rubbers weren't. I didn't understand and I blamed the Cybershape for it. But turns out once the rubber oxidizes for a few days it reaches peak grip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
These are all very similar, spin wise I think Mantra Pro M can do more than G1 and V15 but not by a lot all across the hit ranges.
But I wouldn't say the spin makes a huge difference, it's more like how forgiving the rubber.
V15 has similar speed but less spin and it is more edgy. You have the wrong racket angle and you're screwed especially in countering over the table which is a difficult shot by itself.
G1 is just slower but G1 works better in humid and colder conditions than V15.
Mantra Pro works great in cold, hot, humid.

The XH is much better at power shots than G1 or V15e. It works just as well like a well boosted H3 and without being tacky.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Are the Mantra Pros being sold on AliExpress for $37 authentic? TT11 sells them for much higher, so I'm afraid to order a sheet for testing.
You can buy from Ali, in China this costs 23USD. It's not a popular rubber so no one is going to fake it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Are the Mantra Pros being sold on AliExpress for $37 authentic? TT11 sells them for much higher, so I'm afraid to order a sheet for testing.
I ordered mine on Aliexpress in ping stores, with the 11.11 promotions, less than €30 and they are official, they are not fake

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Guys, Mantra Pro M could be a substitute of Donic Z2 2.1mm on BH of outer/ fast inner carbon?

How much does it weight at 2.1mm uncut?

What are the peculiarities of this rubber?
It can replace Z2 and more.

68g uncut.

Bouncy but not spin sensitive, it's like a boosted G-1, but it likes power shots like T19. It performs great in all weather conditions, hot, cold, dry, and humid. Durable as hell and it's not boosted at all so it will be the same until you replace it.
Topsheet doesn't chip at the edges like BTY.
It doesn't have any negatives unless you want a very high arc by default, but Z2 has a pretty flat and direct arc anyway. Mantra Pro has a more direct arc and I find it better on both sides.

Reactions: Fedex78
says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
It can replace Z2 and more.

68g uncut.

Bouncy but not spin sensitive, it's like a boosted G-1, but it likes power shots like T19. It performs great in all weather conditions, hot, cold, dry, and humid. Durable as hell and it's not boosted at all so it will be the same until you replace it.
Topsheet doesn't chip at the edges like BTY.
It doesn't have any negatives unless you want a very high arc by default, but Z2 has a pretty flat and direct arc anyway. Mantra Pro has a more direct arc and I find it better on both sides.
Thanks for your insight.

Donic Z2 is an easy rubber, easy to activate and exploit to its full potential, does Mantra Pro M have this feeling of making shots with ease?

I have used DNA Platinum M 2.1mm on bh of zqh90 for a season and while I found its durability very good, it was a rubber very difficult to use on BH and when I switched to Donic Z2 I immediatedly notice this aspect.

As for the arc, I don't need an high arc at all (y)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Thanks for your insight.

Donic Z2 is an easy rubber, easy to activate and exploit to its full potential, does Mantra Pro M have this feeling of making shots with ease?

I have used DNA Platinum M 2.1mm on bh of zqh90 for a season and while I found its durability very good, it was a rubber very difficult to use on BH and when I switched to Donic Z2 I immediatedly notice this aspect.

As for the arc, I don't need an high arc at all (y)
I had Z1, also super easy to use. Currently trying out Mantra Pro M on Carbonado. It has more of a rubbery feel when playing. Just like Dignics or even Z1 really, easy to use for sure.

Only thing i felt is, it doesn't have the Grippy feeling of DNA. Just like Zwill posted, maybe it needs some time to grip.

To conclude my opinion, amazing rubber for high speed attack. Ball lands at the end of the table every time. Medium arc is very good for counter.

I'll stick to DNA pro M, same spin as Mantra pro but slightly slower.

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
FYI Mantra Pro is a different rubber to original Mantra. They share a similar name and that's it. Mantra original grips with topsheet grip and is low throw. Mantra Pro has that 'pimple grab' that you feel with most modern rubbers and is much higher throw.

A great rubber, but don't get it expecting original Mantra with an upgraded sponge. It's not that. It's a different rubber. Pro is also much spinner.

Reactions: riemsesy