New table tennis store!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Good luck with what you are doing.

Inventory management vs risk management vs what the resellers profit margin is - I think table tennis stores are doing charity work - especially the likes of TT11 doing 30% margin - they aren't really making much at the end of the day.

Remember, you need to worry about logistical cost coming in, and now the global exchange rate is all over the place. You will also have Tax issues - both selling VAT/TAX and even income TAX

Good luck

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Good luck with what you are doing.

Inventory management vs risk management vs what the resellers profit margin is - I think table tennis stores are doing charity work - especially the likes of TT11 doing 30% margin - they aren't really making much at the end of the day.

Remember, you need to worry about logistical cost coming in, and now the global exchange rate is all over the place. You will also have Tax issues - both selling VAT/TAX and even income TAX

Good luck

Hi Tony - thank you, I will take that into account.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Cole of colestt.com runs a store and seems focused on delivering quality products at budget prices. While he will ship internationally, his main market seems to be North America. You might want to look over his site and approach. It could give you some insight.

I'd bet some Europeans would appreciate something similar without having to pay the high international shipping rates.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Cole of colestt.com runs a store and seems focused on delivering quality products at budget prices. While he will ship internationally, his main market seems to be North America. You might want to look over his site and approach. It could give you some insight.

I'd bet some Europeans would appreciate something similar without having to pay the high international shipping rates.

True, But then again, Cole doesn't stock those "expensive brands"
I also have some lower cost brands - Yinhe, DHL, 729, KTL etc and also medium expensive brands like Xiom, Yasaka - which
I believe is all taken up in Europe. - Taken up as in, there is already distributors.
There are many other low cost brands out there, but I doubt that is what people will fill in the survey - most will properly fill in "low cost" Tenergy rubbers, which I think OP will not have access to, unless grey importing.

I stop doing Butterfly - as I could not justify something so expensive to my customers (whom are medium to low income earners)

Reactions: Reaper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
True, But then again, Cole doesn't stock those "expensive brands"
I also have some lower cost brands - Yinhe, DHL, 729, KTL etc and also medium expensive brands like Xiom, Yasaka - which
I believe is all taken up in Europe. - Taken up as in, there is already distributors.
There are many other low cost brands out there, but I doubt that is what people will fill in the survey - most will properly fill in "low cost" Tenergy rubbers, which I think OP will not have access to, unless grey importing.

I stop doing Butterfly - as I could not justify something so expensive to my customers (whom are medium to low income earners)

Sure. Everybody has a different idea of what "affordable" means. For me, marking a $60/sheet rubber down to $50 doesn't make it "affordable." I tend to operate on the notion that I usually need most things to change by a factor of 2 for them to be significant. Small percentages are nice, but not a big deal. Rubber at $30 vs. rubber at $60 is, to me, significant.

But that's just the way I see things. Many guys who must have Tenergy, would probably consider a 10-15% saving to be worthwhile and significant.

Cole's approach is just one of many and could be combined with other approaches as well.

Reactions: reppina
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
Sure. Everybody has a different idea of what "affordable" means. For me, marking a $60/sheet rubber down to $50 doesn't make it "affordable." I tend to operate on the notion that I usually need most things to change by a factor of 2 for them to be significant. Small percentages are nice, but not a big deal. Rubber at $30 vs. rubber at $60 is, to me, significant.

But that's just the way I see things. Many guys who must have Tenergy, would probably consider a 10-15% saving to be worthwhile and significant.

Cole's approach is just one of many and could be combined with other approaches as well.

Thanks for the help - Just to let you know I think I am going to be able to provide a 15% saving on the regular retail price of Tenergy (at least here in the UK)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Thanks for the help - Just to let you know I think I am going to be able to provide a 15% saving on the regular retail price of Tenergy (at least here in the UK)

I think this will be close to impossible. In my country they have prices similar to the prices of Tabletennis11.com. But if your club is sponsored by the reseller you get a discount on most products between 20-30%.
For Butterfly this was max 5%, because there was almost no margin between the prices they got Butterfly material from Butterfly and the store prices.

Also Butterfly changed their strategy and made their own national webshop in most European countries or have 1 or 2 official suppliers. They changed their strategy to keep more control on their prices. So I dont think you will be allowed to sell butterfly material for lower prices than the current supplier in the UK. And it wont be allowed to sell Butterfly products to foreign customers. Butterfly wont allow this, to make sure people dont order from countries with lower prices (like it was possible in Japan in the past).

Think its best to go for Xiom, Tibhar, Donic, Stiga etc material and and give discount to buyers when they buy for certain prices. The margin on these materials are quite high.
We can for example buy a Bluefire JP01 Turbo for 34 euro while most shops sell it for 48,90 euro.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Having been a Butterfly distributor myself, also under the European price structure, I also say this is close to impossible:
- UK already has a legitimate Butterfly Distributor, and you will need to buy from them, or grey import
- Grey import, Butterfly HQ will hunt down the channel and close that off, so any grey import will be short lived
- Grey import also has a big chance of getting counterfeit products, and also the customers can not have surety from Butterfly Europe (meaning, buy grey products at your own risk) - in case there is any issues with the products (fake or other issues like top sheet separating from sponges - yes, I seen these before on brand new "Tenergy")

Butterfly's margin under European (and also North American) price structure is really little
Lets see what OP can come up with in the next few weeks :)

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
What a horrible prices...
In my local official online store here in slovakia it has (t05) price 52,73 € which is 37,09 GBP.
I also found a most of european online stores has really overpriced equipment .

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Hi Reppina,

I've just been looking through your new store, and there's one thing I'd like to bring to your attention which you may not have thought of. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I personally won't do business via any web site which gives neither a phone number nor a postal address. I know this isn't the case, but if you give no indication of where you are nor any means of contact other than email then it makes it look as though you have something to hide. I think you'll find that there are a fair few people out there who think the same way, and I'd hate to see you lose customers through an oversight like that. Profuse apologies if some of this information is on the site and I've missed it !

Good luck with the business, I hope it works out for you !