Next step after mark v

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I was playing at a pretty high level for 20 years ago. Took it all up 1 year ago. I bought a premade racket with mark v. Cant get much information about the blade i am using. Wanna move to a more spinny and a bit faster racket .
I am thinking something like Yasaka Sweden extra blade with Vega Europe or razaka 7 soft. Any other suggestions ?

You wont get much more spin with those two rubbers and I wouldn't recommend either since they are much softer.
Mark V already has a lot of spin potential don't let anybody fool you into believing otherwise.

The most natural progression is:
Mark V -> Mark V HPS -> Rakza 7.

Or if You want to take the deep plunge try Tibhar hybrid MK...
Thats probably the spinniest rubber after Tenergy and Dignics...
And it doesnt have too much catapult either...

Cheers
L-zr

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
You wont get much more spin with those two rubbers and I wouldn't recommend either since they are much softer.
Mark V already has a lot of spin potential don't let anybody fool you into believing otherwise.

The most natural progression is:
Mark V -> Mark V HPS -> Rakza 7.

Or if You want to take the deep plunge try Tibhar hybrid MK...
Thats probably the spinniest rubber after Tenergy and Dignics...
And it doesnt have too much catapult either...

Cheers
L-zr
Thanks for input .

This user has no status.
I was playing at a pretty high level for 20 years ago. Took it all up 1 year ago. I bought a premade racket with mark v. Cant get much information about the blade i am using. Wanna move to a more spinny and a bit faster racket .
I am thinking something like Yasaka Sweden extra blade with Vega Europe or razaka 7 soft. Any other suggestions ?
Similar to your situation I just came back to the tt world and started with Ma Lin Extra Offense. With the 40+ plastic ball this blade came from having excellent touch and speed to being largely insufficient, even with fast rubbers like Rakza XX or Fastarc G-1. The speed may be there if you really blast the ball but the power will forever be lacking comparing to carbon blades or even harder wooden blades. The best starting point for non-beginners would be Ma Lin Carbon. It retains the woody touch and responds to your power output way more efficiently, just as advertised. Works for a large range of playing style from OFF/OFF- to DEF. Carbon is inner layer and super thin, so no worries for adaptation from Original based on your level. Never tried Soft Carbon version but this is soft enough to act like a hard wooden core imo. From here you can jump to any of inner layer blades as the next upgrade easily. If you intend to go down the hard outer layer path, then hard wooden blades from Stiga can be the end itself or the stepping stone to outer layer carbon blades.

20240320_052300.jpg

For rubbers, Rakza 7 is obviously a direct upgrade, but a slight lacklustre again due to large plastic balls in my experience. On the bright side you can call it the most neutral option and at least never a waste of money. Any beginners with a slow blade can use this rubber in case you want to change. Sticking to the Yasaka series, Rakza X is faster (soft and slightly springy) and Rakza XX mimicks Tenergy rubbers. Rakza Z is tacky and very spinny, but the high throw takes time to get used to. Rakza Z Extra Hard has a little less tackiness with a longer throw. Rakza X soft and especially 7 soft are too soft imo...my only use for them is to make stiff blades playable.