Nexy Akrasia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Will post soon haha the level of play here is not as high as you think it is. Well my teammates are haha

I am not a high level player either. And smart players disagree all the time on what is a good way to learn the sport and what the optimal technique/approach is. Some people want to focus on Ma Long's technique because is the World #1, while other people want to understand why Marcos Freitas got to the top 10 despite coming from Portugal with little TT history and others want to understand why William Henzell could challenge Wang Liqin despite having a far inferior TT background and less athleticism, and some would prefer the He Zhi Wen model because he is still world class in his 50s.
It all depends on how you look at the question sometimes. And that biases how we answer it a little.

This user has no status.
Yes, their strokes are really loud. To get the ball to move with slower and harder rubber, you have to have hard impact on your power loops and in general, power loops are relatively loud and hard. But I think if you compared the power and sound on those shots to the actual sound that you would hear if they hit the ball flat with same power, then you would appreciate how much power they were wasting and how much of their stroke is going into spin. You can hear whooshing sometimes when you see a top pro play.

Their rubbers are not slow sir NL the distributor where I bought my Akrasia has a friend who knows a coach in the CNT and is the only one in the Philippines who has a Hurricane 3 that was used by I think ZJK or Ma Long. He said that the rubber is really powerful and spinny.

This user has no status.
I am not a high level player either. And smart players disagree all the time on what is a good way to learn the sport and what the optimal technique/approach is. Some people want to focus on Ma Long's technique because is the World #1, while other people want to understand why Marcos Freitas got to the top 10 despite coming from Portugal with little TT history and others want to understand why William Henzell could challenge Wang Liqin despite having a far inferior TT background and less athleticism, and some would prefer the He Zhi Wen model because he is still world class in his 50s.
It all depends on how you look at the question sometimes. And that biases how we answer it a little.

Good point indeed sir NL. I usually spend a night with 2 or 3 tabs open analyzing the Chinese technique. and it all changed last week when I researched about Stefan Fegerl and found out about his coach Li Xiaodong. I searched for Li Xiaodong and found a pretty interesting presentation....

https://ttwblog.wordpress.com/2010/05/16/how-to-acheive-victories-in-modern-table-tennis/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Their rubbers are not slow sir NL the distributor where I bought my Akrasia has a friend who knows a coach in the CNT and is the only one in the Philippines who has a Hurricane 3 that was used by I think ZJK or Ma Long. He said that the rubber is really powerful and spinny.

Now we are having grammar issues. I never said the rubbers CNT used were not spinny - I said the rubbers were relatively slow ("slower") in terms of catapult. The rubber I use is considered slow. But it is an offensive rubber. When you loop with it, you have to loop hard if you want the ball to go faster - there is not a lot of catapult from the sponge when looping hard compared to say Tenergy 05 or MX-P. But that allows me to loop with bigger strokes. So I could argue that my rubber is more powerful than a faster rubber that requires smaller strokes for that reason.

In the end, it all depends on what you are trying to do and what you are trying to say.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Now we are having grammar issues. I never said the rubbers CNT used were not spinny - I said the rubbers were relatively slow ("slower") in terms of catapult. The rubber I use is considered slow. But it is an offensive rubber. When you loop with it, you have to loop hard if you want the ball to go faster - there is not a lot of catapult from the sponge when looping hard compared to say Tenergy 05 or MX-P. But that allows me to loop with bigger strokes. So I could argue that my rubber is more powerful than a faster rubber that requires smaller strokes for that reason.

In the end, it all depends on what you are trying to do and what you are trying to say.

Ah haha now I understand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Good point indeed sir NL. I usually spend a night with 2 or 3 tabs open analyzing the Chinese technique. and it all changed last week when I researched about Stefan Fegerl and found out about his coach Li Xiaodong. I searched for Li Xiaodong and found a pretty interesting presentation....

https://ttwblog.wordpress.com/2010/05/16/how-to-acheive-victories-in-modern-table-tennis/

It's an interesting presentation, but I believe that most of it is now common knowledge in the top TT nations and the technical specifics are more important.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes, but attacking backspin is the deal breaker. I can link to some shots in my matches and let anyone tell me whether that shot would make sense with Akrasia or not.

YES. You certain could and WOULD/WILL. (Given the opportunity)

I feel pretty much the same way about it all.

At the end of the day, I value easy spin creation, heavier the better, safer the better. Call me a scardey cat or whatever... don't give a crap. I'm gunna play my style and that is that.

Amazingly, NL has so many tendencies similar to mine it is scary.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes, but attacking backspin is the deal breaker. I can link to some shots in my matches and let anyone tell me whether that shot would make sense with Akrasia or not.

Ah haha now I understand

Raja, NL will NEVEZR take crap from anyone and is never afraid to mix it up and never hesitates to go for the sword where Der_Echte uses 12 layers of Escalation of Force protocal first.

Having said that, NL was straight up proper understanding calm and gentle and DIPLOMATIK... a word I never learned how to spell or apply.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
haha because I never knew the importance of fingers during looping.

Such details are very advanced and are largely a waste of time for building high level basic technique. If you have a good coach who gives you good fundamentals and keeps you relaxed while learning, over time, you will grow into figuring out such things as you will perform subtle experiments on your own and ask questions. But even if I tell you that the elbow is the key to looping, it won't make a difference unless you get the gist of it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
OK - here is a match with me playing at my best. Tell me whether Akrasia makes sense here. By the way, the shot at 10:28 is one of the hardest loops/kills I have ever hit in my life - in real time, I amazed myself with that impact. The shot at 25 mins in is the kind of shot you can't make with Akrasia unless you are on tranquilizers :

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

HAHA friggin' HAHA... Compared to most forum members... AND compared to average Joe US Table Tennis Club member... NL is easily 4 levels above them all and has a special way of evaluating his game honestly and open story.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OK - here is a match with me playing at my best. Tell me whether Akrasia makes sense here. By the way, the shot at 10:28 is one of the hardest loops/kills I have ever hit in my life - in real time, I amazed myself with that impact. The shot at 25 mins in is the kind of shot you can't make with Akrasia unless you are on tranquilizers :

Your HARD shot at the indicated pre-match point was a touch shot believe it or not TTD. he touched, then threw the ball going through it.

Match point winning shot, NL simply made a very fast shot to crossover and opponent failed to react in time.

Great tactical and technical match NL.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
Such details are very advanced and are largely a waste of time for building high level basic technique. If you have a good coach who gives you good fundamentals and keeps you relaxed while learning, over time, you will grow into figuring out such things as you will perform subtle experiments on your own and ask questions. But even if I tell you that the elbow is the key to looping, it won't make a difference unless you get the gist of it.

We have no coach or even good coaches here in our place. If you wanna learn you have to go to different places, in the metros where there is a club. So most of our playing style is really unorthodox as you can see with our No. 1 player Richard Gonzales but is still effective.

This user has no status.
I thought Yogi_Beat at mytt was an ITTF certified coach in the Phillipines. And I hear a high level coach might be in your country sometime soon.

I meant in our province sir NL. Philippines is divided into 3 main parts the Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
and again divided into regions I live in region 2 in Northern LUzon and in our province there are no coaches to teach you even the basic techniques so during my early days I have to consult Youtube. Sir Yogi is in the capital where the best players are located.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I meant in our province sir NL. Philippines is divided into 3 main parts the Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
and again divided into regions I live in region 2 in Northern LUzon and in our province there are no coaches to teach you even the basic techniques so during my early days I have to consult Youtube. Sir Yogi is in the capital where the best players are located.

Ah, okay. Always hard to get better without being around better players.

This user has no status.
Ah, okay. Always hard to get better without being around better players.

That is why every year my goal is to get qualified for the Collegiate National Games. and I have been into two which greatly improved my game, playing with the best every region has to offer.