Nittaku C1 vs Butterfly Rozena

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I think P1 is better than C1, it’s faster, can produce more spin and even though it’s 47.5 degree sponge hardness, it has a soft top sheet so it plays softer. It also has a lot of control.
interesting...I have never tried P-1. Not sure if I want to get a sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I am 2,5 years into table tennis and switched to Yasaka Mark V the last year on backhand to improve my technique (slow things down) and recently changed to Nittaku Fastarc C-1 on backhand. This has helped my bakchand a lot. I can play further away from the table with Fastarc C-1 than with Mark V + I can grip on to incoming topspin better and reverse it back to my opponent. Fastarc C-1 is great all-round in my experience. Compared to Mark V, which is really dead and slow, Fastarc C-1 can attack serves directly. The softness makes it easy to control and make artistic shots. If you have the ability to make long backhand strokes, this rubber can do wonders, in my estimation. If you have more of a punchy backhand, then other rubbers will be better. Punching with Fastarc C-1 will make it bottom out more, but I still dont feel like it totally removes the grip when doing so. This is probably because it has a strong top layer. I decided to use this rubber on my backhand since I have a bouncy and flexible blade (koto outer layers), so the reduced bounce in the rubber itself was something I was looking for.

I would say the backhand of Hugo Calderano is the prime example of the type of backhand that Nittaku Fastarc C-1 would enhance, if its anything similar relative to the lower level of play.

Here in Norway, our second highest ranked player, Jimmy Ojakangas, has such a backhand. Here is a video of him playing in grey shirt: have a look at time: 4:11

Last edited: