Nittaku hurricane 3 PRO turbo ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
This thread is getting long. Sanwei Target National (STN) black with blue sponge from Megaspin. You don't need to boost. It plays like H3 neo boosted. I like STN better than K1 Euro version and K2.
Sanwei target , how's it compare to k3? Cause I haven't try K1, 2,. I PLAY k3 for about 2months, pretty good, but not last long.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Sanwei target , how's it compare to k3? Cause I haven't try K1, 2,. I PLAY k3 for about 2months, pretty good, but not last long.
Don't know. I have never played K3. STN is more tacky than K1 and K2 but not too much more so. Interestingly, the tackiness for STN wears off pretty quicky which is what most people like. H3 neo (to me) plays better as it ages, softer and more springly sponge with less tacky top sheet but still plenty spinny of course. I think that's what people mean in terms of H3 neo needs to be broken into. STN gets broken into pretty quickly, without the need for booster. The price is very reasonable from Megaspin as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Don't know. I have never played K3. STN is more tacky than K1 and K2 but not too much more so. Interestingly, the tackiness for STN wears off pretty quicky which is what most people like. H3 neo (to me) plays better as it ages, softer and more springly sponge with less tacky top sheet but still plenty spinny of course. I think that's what people mean in terms of H3 neo needs to be broken into. STN gets broken into pretty quickly, without the need for booster. The price is very reasonable from Megaspin as well.
Thanks for the info, will try one after my fh rubber finished it's job.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
How do you find the throw angle of STN vs H3?

I had the 1st gen version of STN, and it had a horrifically low throw angle. Most loops and counterloops end up in the net. But I agree that it was quite fast and didn't need booster. I still have nightmares about that rubber, it was just the worst rubber imaginable. The behavior was so extremely off.

I can't imagine that the 2nd gen version of STN is all that different from the 1st gen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
How do you find the throw angle of STN vs H3?

I had the 1st gen version of STN, and it had a horrifically low throw angle. Most loops and counterloops end up in the net. But I agree that it was quite fast and didn't need booster. I still have nightmares about that rubber, it was just the worst rubber imaginable. The behavior was so extremely off.

I can't imagine that the 2nd gen version of STN is all that different from the 1st gen.
Is the first gen with the yellow packaging? Second gen is the silver packaging?

So interestingly I have the silver packaging. I have three. One is black and I really liked it. It stayed on the racket.

Recently I started playing with various blades so I decided to boost a red one and I did not like it as much.

I have a third sheet, black, that is unopened.

The throw angle, I agree, for STN is slightly lower than H3 neo. However, I used it just fine. Just like I mentioned it before, I like STN over K1 and K2. Recently I also tried boosted Big Dipper 40 degree and Mecury II. Both are fine. But I still like STN over both BD and Mercury II.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
At first I was afraid of the hardness, but it turns out it wasn't a problem so why not, as long as they are not too heavy.
But I skip the big dipper, Dragongrip however could be a candidate.
I already have a Tibhar Hybrid MK lined up so why not a K3 as well...

Cheers
L-zr
heard dragongrip's durability was absolute crap. I haven't personally owned one, but I've heard so many people complain about it. I tried out a friend's dragongrip (used for 3-4 months) the edges were all crippled, the topsheet was barely grippy, and it just doesn't play as well as let's say a sieger pk used for 5 months.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Is the first gen with the yellow packaging? Second gen is the silver packaging?

So interestingly I have the silver packaging. I have three. One is black and I really liked it. It stayed on the racket.

Recently I started playing with various blades so I decided to boost a red one and I did not like it as much.

I have a third sheet, black, that is unopened.

The throw angle, I agree, for STN is slightly lower than H3 neo. However, I used it just fine. Just like I mentioned it before, I like STN over K1 and K2. Recently I also tried boosted Big Dipper 40 degree and Mecury II. Both are fine. But I still like STN over both BD and Mercury II.
1st gen was yellow and blue packaging. I had a red sheet, don't know if that makes a difference. Mine was not slightly lower throw angle, it was absurdly low throw angle. Of all the rubbers I have ever tested, the 1st gen STN was by far the worst unplayable rubber I have ever seen.

To me, Big Dipper and Jupiter are just far superior to any Sanwei rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
1st gen was yellow and blue packaging. I had a red sheet, don't know if that makes a difference. Mine was not slightly lower throw angle, it was absurdly low throw angle. Of all the rubbers I have ever tested, the 1st gen STN was by far the worst unplayable rubber I have ever seen.

To me, Big Dipper and Jupiter are just far superior to any Sanwei rubbers.
Maybe STN black sheet is better than red sheet? I have tried both. And I like black more than red. A third sheet, black, is not opened. I don't plan to open that sheet though. I am distracted with trying different blades right now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
This thread is getting long. Sanwei Target National (STN) black with blue sponge from Megaspin. You don't need to boost. It plays like H3 neo boosted. I like STN better than K1 Euro version and K2.

I'll order the Double Fish Volant Phoenix H40 first, but the second rubber I want to test is the Sanwei Target Provincial H40. From what I saw the ST National and Provincial are different rubbers, it's not that National is "selected" Provincial in this case. The sponge is different, and according the photo I saw once in Ali, the top-sheet is different too. The ST Provincial sponge is denser, smaller pores. The top-sheet seems slightly stronger. I believe ST Provincial will be closer to the H3 than the STN. The thing is, my H3 is fresh, so I'll test the DFVP maybe in September and the STP even later, I'm slow in this... Anyway, one of those rubbers will definitely solve the H3 puzzle once for all for 1/2 the price. Certainty!

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I'll order the Double Fish Volant Phoenix H40 first, but the second rubber I want to test is the Sanwei Target Provincial H40. From what I saw the ST National and Provincial are different rubbers, it's not that National is "selected" Provincial in this case. The sponge is different, and according the photo I saw once in Ali, the top-sheet is different too. The ST Provincial sponge is denser, smaller pores. The top-sheet seems slightly stronger. I believe ST Provincial will be closer to the H3 than the STN. The thing is, my H3 is fresh, so I'll test the DFVP maybe in September and the STP even later, I'm slow in this... Anyway, one of those rubbers will definitely solve the H3 puzzle once for all for 1/2 the price. Certainty!
I have a Sanwei Target Provincial black sheet from BEO store on Aliexpress. I just don't have time to test it at all right now. But thank you for the input. I will look out for the differences!

Reactions: latej