Nittaku hurricane 3 PRO turbo ?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
If you want an easy to use Chinese type rubber, I think Loki Arthur China is a good pick. Available from Chinese stores but also from Chtt.se

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
The NH3PTB is the heaviest and hardest rubber I played. Setup with it is 201g vs the same with H3 BS H41 is 186g. It is also significantly harder. To give you an idea about how hard: durometer says the Bluegrip C1 (ESN 60) is 55, and the NH3PTB gives 60.

It's a high quality rubber nevertheless. Sound is really nice. It also absorbs a lot of energy, with all the implications I don't want to go through now. It is worth saying that sometimes my opponents recognized even during warmup that the rubbers is "different" and asked about it (I mean comparatively to other rubbers there was much more of this wt. is that). It is a unique rubber for sure.

I've tested G09C only shortly, for me it would be a BH rubber, I'd not consider it on the FH. I liked it, and was surprised, because after everything I read here I expected I'd strongly prefer G on the BH. Both were OK.

Last edited:
The NH3PTB is the heaviest and hardest rubber I played. Setup with it is 201g vs the same with H3 BS H41 is 186g. It is also significantly harder. To give you an idea about how hard: durometer says the Bluegrip C1 (ESN 60) is 55, and the NH3PTB gives 60.

It's a high quality rubber nevertheless. Sound is really nice. It also absorbs a lot of energy, with all the implications I don't want to go through now. It is worth saying that sometimes my opponents recognized even during warmup that the rubbers is "different" and asked about it ;-). It is a unique rubber for sure.

I've tested G09C only shortly, for me it would be a BH rubber, I'd not consider it on the FH. I liked it, and was surprised, because after everything I read here I expected I'd strongly prefer G on the BH. Both were OK.
There are two different types of sponges, One blue and one orange, where the orange is softer, so it should have bigger air pockets, this also makes it lighter. I agree the blue one may be to hard. Probably why tensorbackhand needs to boost it. Anyway I am currently looking at the orange sponge.

G09C is waay to slow for a BH rubber for me...

Cheers
L-zr

If you want an easy to use Chinese type rubber, I think Loki Arthur China is a good pick. Available from Chinese stores but also from Chtt.se
Not looking for that, I want a high quality rubber, and I would never ever buy anything from a Chinese store, way too big risk for counterfeits. I stick with the stores I know. What I am after is maybe a chinese top sheet but with ESN or a japanese sponge with a little bit of catapult,,,,

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Not looking for that, I want a high quality rubber, and I would never ever buy anything from a Chinese store, way too big risk for counterfeits. I stick with the stores I know. What I am after is maybe a chinese top sheet but with ESN or a japanese sponge with a little bit of catapult,,,,

Cheers
L-zr
Hurricane 3-50 or 8-80. I guess the 3-50 is more like a ESN or Jap sponge with H3 topsheet. It's a nice rubber actually.

H3 Turbo Orange is still very heavy and hard and slower than the Turbo Blue. Turbo Blue cut is around 65g the Turbo Orange is around 57g.

Reactions: SamTheMan
Hurricane 3-50 or 8-80. I guess the 3-50 is more like a ESN or Jap sponge with H3 topsheet. It's a nice rubber actually.

H3 Turbo Orange is still very heavy and hard and slower than the Turbo Blue. Turbo Blue cut is around 65g the Turbo Orange is around 57g.
I doubt those weighs, I use around 45-47g cut and I never heard of a rubber weighing 65g that can not be right...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Just measured the weight of NH3PTB cut to 157x150 => 62g. And it was boosted 3x, reglued 2x, meaning each time some overlap was cut, meaning the density decreased a bit due to stretching. So, new, 65g is realistic here.

Edit: And it is 2.0mm ;-) There is no MAX.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

Cheers
L-zr
tibhar k3, donic bluestar a1/ bluegrip, dna dragongrip, 09c, some others, perhaps big dipper im not sure?

Reactions: Lazer
Why it cannot be right? It plain simply is.
No, not un boosted, such a brick will be unplayable.
90 grams (not uncommon for a carbon blade) + 2 * 65grams = 260 grams for a paddle...

Cheers
L-zr

tibhar k3, donic bluestar a1/ bluegrip, dna dragongrip, 09c, some others, perhaps big dipper im not sure?
At first I was afraid of the hardness, but it turns out it wasn't a problem so why not, as long as they are not too heavy.
But I skip the big dipper, Dragongrip however could be a candidate.
I already have a Tibhar Hybrid MK lined up so why not a K3 as well...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
No, not un boosted, such a brick will be unplayable.
90 grams (not uncommon for a carbon blade) + 2 * 65grams = 260 grams for a paddle...

We just found an ideal setup for @Der_Echte. Switch to NH3PTB! As a sign of gratitude, you can send me that pile of H3 Nationals...

+/- 40g

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Lazer and Zwill