Not again about boosting please

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The weather here is shit so i got nothing better to do.
My apologies
IMG20230112144954%20jpg.jpeg

from left to right:
3 layers of Baby oil OVER existing layers of revo3

3 layers of Baby oil

2 layers of Baby oil plus 1 layer of Seamoon standard yellow.

Like my good friend says : Be Happy 🤣

Reactions: ttarc and IB66
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
A friend of mine put baby oil on the rubber side. He said it was nice. I doubt it. If you are bored you can investigate this for us.

Happy boosting.

no need to investigate, it has already been done, Baby oil, olive oil, oil of wintergreen, CRC marine spray, WD40 etc etc.
It can give some stickiness back and probably ruin the rubber completely if one soaks the rubber too long.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
The weather here is shit so i got nothing better to do.
My apologies
IMG20230112144954%20jpg.jpeg

from left to right:
3 layers of Baby oil OVER existing layers of revo3

3 layers of Baby oil

2 layers of Baby oil plus 1 layer of Seamoon standard yellow.

Like my good friend says : Be Happy 🤣

When is the doming going to start????!!!!!!!!!!🤣😂

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

When is the doming going to start????!!!!!!!!!!🤣😂

fair comment, it ain't exactly a tunnel or a pipe is it ? 😁
on the other hand, I forgot to mention that the patch on the right has been done 3 weeks ago and it has not stretched out yet.
Also interesting is the difference between patch 1 and 2, the oil really does not like to go through the glue much

• Haha
Reactions: thomas.pong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
lodro, Try Eucalyptus oil, seriously brilliant result!!

thanks buddy,
No doubt about it, there is plenty of great oils that will do a good job.
I am sticking with Seamoon. I do like my rubbers hard and only use 1 layer of the stuff.

This little experiment is more to show to the unbelievers that indeed oils will change the structure of the sponge.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

thanks buddy,
I am sticking with Seamoon. I do like my rubbers hard and only use 1 layer of the stuff.

This little experiment is more to show to the unbelievers that indeed oils will change the structure of the sponge.

For us amateur players is boosting really worth the effort. Wouldn't it be simpler to just find a blade and rubber combo that gives you the desired result.

thanks buddy,

Good lad !!! Best to stick with what you know lol 😂🤣😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

For us amateur players is boosting really worth the effort. Wouldn't it be simpler to just find a blade and rubber combo that gives you the desired result.

It's all about what you need. Boosted, hard, Chinese rubber-like rubbers you can't buy. You have to manufacture it yourself :)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

The problematic lies exactly in the FINDING 😁
This search amongst hundreds of rubbers and blades can become an expensive and often fruitless task from which the only ones benefiting are the manufacturers who are of course happy to sell you the stuff while at the same time pointing you into the direction of their other products that
may even better serve your purpose.
Sometimes , for us amateurs, boosting is not about more speed more spin or more of anything, we know our limitations.It is about just the right feel.
If we are lucky, we might find a rubber that needs one simple application of booster oil . The process is no big deal and is about the same as
laying-up a layer of glue..
So : Why not ? 😁

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If one can afford the rubbers, blades etc then why not? We only live once.
Think of those poor golfers and tennis players. TT equipment costs bear no comparison.
So experiment all you want. TT life is wonderful😁

Well, life is indeed wonderful once you have arrived at the goal of your search, and by reading through your posts about your blade you
will never need anything else, ever. Good for you. You got away lightly, your current set up would only set you back about NZ$ 550. 😂
But I won't compare this meager price with the cost of tennis and golf equipment because it makes it even more insignificant when
compared to the cost of Polo or motor racing 😂

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I am not sure the doming has much to do with the effect of the oil on play characteristics. I think the doming has to do with the oil sinking into the sponge -> the sponge expanding -> the topsheet not letting the sponge expand 3-dimensionally -> and so, the side with the topsheet is held, while the other side is free to expand.

Those sponges will also absorb water. Water won't give a boost-effect. But it would be interesting to see if water would cause the sponge to dome.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I am not sure the doming has much to do with the effect of the oil on play characteristics. I think the doming has to do with the oil sinking into the sponge -> the sponge expanding -> the topsheet not letting the sponge expand 3-dimensionally -> and so, the side with the topsheet is held, while the other side is free to expand.

Those sponges will also absorb water. Water won't give a boost-effect. But it would be interesting to see if water would cause the sponge to dome.

OK, I shall do another patch with water.
Water will evaporate faster than oil so it will be interesting to observe what happens to the patches over a period of , shall we say 30 days.
Water should also have absolutely no residue and the doming , if any, should completely disappear, right ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Lodro, you are not helping. Neither is Upside Down Carl.
Shame on the both of you for promoting this garbage.
Liquids, oils, water etc, do not compress much. Gas compress and will expand back.
Water doesn't compress much at all.
There is a value called bulk modulus for different fluids. The bulk modulus is an indicator of how compressible a fluid is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulk_modulus
I know that most of you will not understand this. What is worse is that most of you will not even try and remain ignorant.

The simple answer is that you don't fill your tires with liquids. You fill them with air.

Lodro did not test whether the "boosted" rubbers are really faster and spinnier. Isn't that is what is important? Do you really care about the doming effect?

• Angry
Reactions: Equaaz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I was wondering if booster is a plasticizer and has little to do with being a liquid or gas in it's operation. Does anyone know the actual chemical composition of the popular boosters like Falco Tempo Long or Haifu Seamoon?

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

Yes it exist!

And the product is FZD Super ZLC with Dignics on both side.

Gozo: Shamefully a Butterfly fanboy since 2022

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Lodro, you are not helping. Neither is Upside Down Carl.
Shame on the both of you for promoting this garbage.
Liquids, oils, water etc, do not compress much. Gas compress and will expand back.
Water doesn't compress much at all.
There is a value called bulk modulus for different fluids. The bulk modulus is an indicator of how compressible a fluid is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulk_modulus
I know that most of you will not understand this. What is worse is that most of you will not even try and remain ignorant.

The simple answer is that you don't fill your tires with liquids. You fill them with air.

Lodro did not test whether the "boosted" rubbers are really faster and spinnier. Isn't that is what is important? Do you really care about the doming effect?

Like I said, it is about what happens inside the hollow parts of the sponge AFTER the liquids have evaporated or dried.
While the fluids were inside the sponge slowly evaporating and expanding the sponge in the process, is there residual effect ????
While many of us DO KNOW that liquids do not like to be compressed, this is not what we after anyway. Nobody is trying
to fill the sponge with liquid and then use the liquid-soaked sponge to play TT

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Hello everyone,

Devil will find works for idle hands. Boosting rubbers, heavy masturbation, and more unworthy amusements to kill time.
Yes, l can offer much better occupations for your hands. E. g. how to get the ball wobbling on travel just by manual compulsion. The trick worthy to try anyway.