Not again about boosting please

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I wasn't involved with European pros during the time that speed glue was banned.
But the world has been speed gluing for hours before every match, and you wont just expect this habit to stop over night.

Also, the change over, Tenergy didn't come out yet. It was first Bryce/Bryce Speed
and I know in Asia, it was boosted already then.
I won't be surprised that Europe didn't tweak it too.

These speed glue only last a few hours, max 3 to 5 days at top.
just like anything in life, with time, things become better, and booster oils has also become better.

We are waiting for some table tennis forum member in the west, a science guru, to come up with a booster that is made of GAS and cheaper, better performance and last longer, but until then, the million + players that boost around the world, will continue to use oil.

Here is just a bottle I have by Ping Pong Wang (other more popular brands for the west includes Haifu's speed glue)
They are cheaper than oil, but since require more regular use, it does add up to more work and more cost.
I do know some people that will use it together with oil.

Are you serious that Haifu's speed glue is non-detectable!?

Why wouldn't top pros just speed glue their rubbers using Haifu speed glue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Are you serious that Haifu's speed glue is non-detectable!? Why wouldn't top pros just speed glue their rubbers using Haifu speed glue?

Haifu has organic and non organic, meaning voc-free and voc.
I'm sure we talking organic/voc-free?

I will jump to your second question and come back to the first.
Pros - use booster and not speed glue, because, no sane person would want to reglue on the same day (my last post mentioned it last hours only).

Some train 2 to 3 sessions a day, so from the 1st hour to the last hour, could be 6 to 8 or 10 hours later.
Tournaments, first match could be 9am, last match could be 5pm etc.
And tournaments could be 5 or 7 day long

Now for either treatment, VOC Free is under a certain "reading", it is not completely zero.
If you were to use VOC free glue, or speed glue or booster, you would want to use it at least 24 or 48 hours before handing your racket in at the control table for testing.

All VOC Free products do have a little bit of something in there that would triggle your VOC test to fail (yes, including normal VOC Free glue or the booster by manufacture on the rubber), This I think what some people in the west call - airing your rubber first)
So, these "airing hours" will make speed glue part useless.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

my sponge didn't swell
its my top sheet shrinking.... lol

oh, and my blade shrinking too

As long as this is all that is shrinking you will be alright and the ladies will still love you. 😂
And when it comes to the lack of swelling, they have pills and creams for that nowadays. 🤣🤣

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

But most voc-free boosters are oil based right ???

IF BOOSTERS ARE ????

Oil/Petrol chemistry industry bi products???

They are likely to have some cancerogenic substances ??? So VOC may just be the tip of the ice berg !!!

When filling up at at petrol station , gloves are readily available, 1st they were in a dispenser that was either part of the pump housing or part of the rubbish bins that are generally next to every pump in the UK
Now many pump ‘guns’ have a built in glove dispenser, so that there is NO CHANCE that the gloves can be ‘ignored’ (but they are most of the time).

Well ventilated room and gloves when applying booster may be advisable