Opponents hiding service

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
What I usually do is just continue playing because most players dont hide it good enough to make it really hard to read.

But if I really struggle recieving it I do exactly the same back to them; Hiding the serve :D
Which works very good for me hehe.

Exactly. It's what I do too, and since I am from that era, I am very good at it, so if that's the way it's going to be then it's on!! :cool:

I agree with the other posts too. Call the referee it is is really a problem, but be careful what you ask for if it turns out your serves are even more illegal. If the umpire says both players are serving illegally he really should call both players, otherwise why is he there?

Reactions: Amayzde and BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
What do you do when your opponent hides their service with their bodies and the umpire wont't do anything?
Call the attention of the umpire..it depends on how strict the officiating will be, including tossing the ball with open palm. My advice incase you missed out the contact of ball and racket coz of hidden serves just simple brush the ball and return it to your opponents weak side. You should try to include in your practice 2nd ball attack when receiving.
Bh- banana flick / chiquita, backhand topspins
Fh- fh flick, inside the table mini topspin, fhtopspin return. We only chop the ball or do drop shots when the serve is very short and impossible for us to innitiate an early attack

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited: