Ovtcharov using a blue sponged rubber on the fh!

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
dima use use "Donic Dima Ultra Carbon" and tenergy 05 on both sides
View attachment 5691

Yep, that's the one I saw, must have been a mistake from me not seeing the red tenergy sponge, it's a bit hard when wathcing the actual match, not photos :) Anyway, it created a nice discussion in here haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Ok I watched the recording I had of the final, which had found it's way into the deleted folder - no close ups of Dima's bat like I recall, so it was definitely in the semi vs Apolonia, which I didn't record I just watched a bit of it before going out. If the recording is on ittv I'll have a look at some point. The close upI watched showed Dima's bat near the handle where there's no tape covering the blade. It's either that or one of the ladies finalists who must be using the blue sponged rubber?

Last edited:
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
There many illegal serves.. Just think of the serves that ball isnt vertically thrown, or not 16 cm high, or ball hidden by the server's body. But ittf isn't that strict on this aspects obviously.
Agree with you. For example Xu Xin always hide the ball with his shoulder and Zhang Jike doesn't toss the ball vertically. But they still not get so much advantage by doing these.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Ok I watched the recording I had of the final, which had found it's way into the deleted folder - no close ups of Dima's bat like I recall, so it was definitely in the semi vs Apolonia, which I didn't record I just watched a bit of it before going out. If the recording is on ittv I'll have a look at some point. The close upI watched showed Dima's bat near the handle where there's no tape covering the blade. It's either that or one of the ladies finalists who must be using the blue sponged rubber?

I've now checked the women's final I recorded and no bat close ups of the kind as recalled. Shan is a SP penholder, Seo a defender and no sign of the mystery blue sponge rubber which just leaves the Ovtcharov-Apolonia semi which I'll need to watch on ittv

update:
Just reviewed the semi - Ovtcharov has Tenergy with Orange Sponge both sides. I must have been dreaming............

Last edited: