Pay your respect to Carl!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Its really heartening to see the outpouring of support for Carl and his daughter at their time of need , not only do I have faith that Carl will tide over this, knowing him , I truly believe he will find the strength for his daughter and himself to carry on.

The posts here reaffirm the friendship we have build over the years in this forum and what are friends for if they can't be there when someone needs them .... table tennis is special and friendships built on table tennis are even more so ... we all are here for you Carl , please don't hesitate to reach out

I really really appreciate this post. Thank you. It pretty much sums the whole thing up very very thoughtfully.

For the past month or so I have been working, taking care of my daughter arranging people to be at my home to take care of my wife when I had to be working or taking my daughter to appointments.

My wife and daughter were unbelievably close and my daughter has been taking this whole situation very very hard. For the past several months my daughter has had extreme trouble sleeping. The life of a teenager is already challenging enough without what we have had to live through at home.

In addition to what I have had to do during the day, at night I have had to care for my wife getting sleep 15 and 20 minutes at a time through the night and waking up 15-20 times a night to care for my wife.

My wife was truly an amazing being. And I never hesitated to be there for her. In truth I learned a lot about myself and never realized how much I would be able to handle.

There were a few moments in the past few weeks where my mind melted with the weight of the massive number of things I needed to coordinate.

I am happy to say, I have done everything I needed to for my wife and daughter.

You guys also need to know, TTDaily has always been a great resource for me. It really has been a great place for me to come and escape from the reality on the ground without taking me away from when I needed to be there for my wife and daughter.

I am writing this as we are driving to our very intimate and private burial which consists of 6 people in the inner circle of my family life.

If you look on my Facebook pages you will notice that, before my wife's passing, I had never posted anything--words or photos--of either my wife or daughter. After this, I will go back to that. But this event, I felt, required some photo documentation.

Thank you all for making TTDaily such a great alternate reality within which I have so enjoyed immersing myself.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Wow, sorry I missed this. I had wanted to ask how she was doing for a while but thought it would be a sore spot if things weren't great. Sorry for your loss Carl. We love you and wish you luck in your endeavors

Ah, I knew I was forgetting someone who I had told. Would not have been a sore spot as NextLevel and Der_Echte can attest from my communications with them over the last several weeks.

Reactions: Shuki and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am so sad to hear this terrible news. My heart goes out to you. I wish you all the best and am sure that you will master the challenges ahead.

I hope that you find time to still play some tabletennis. And if i ever come to the states again I would love to play and talk with you.

Noel

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey Carl
Sorry to have miss all this.
I'm hardly on the forum lately.

I didn't even know of the difficulties you had in your private life all this time, and with the devotion and time you spent in TTD, I as a TTD forum member I really appreciate all your contributions here - Thank you!!

I know words can't really do much for you now, but stay strong as you still have a long journey ahead with your daughter.
Condolences, and all the best for you buddy

Tony

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi Carl

Very sorry to hear the sad news. I always enjoy reading your posts because of the deep analysis and passion for TT.

I know words won't express but still want to say thank you for making this forum a better place.

Take care.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl gets all the time away from TTD, TT, the Goon Squads, and Der_Echte he needs.

Don't sweat it, Carl will be in action when he is ready.

Oh man: for sure I got chased by the goon squad last night and this morning. Just the fact that I am awake now attests to that fact! And Starbucks barely had enough caffeine in their stockpiles to help me get away.

This time they were dressed as NYPD Officers and Detcs and were using 3 helicopters and 12 squad cars to try and track me down. Sirens blaring and everything as I raced across the Brooklyn Bridge.

But oh, man, you should have seen the trap Der_Echte cooked up to help me escape from them and get away scott free.

Nope, sorry! I can't divulge the rest of the details of this newest covert ops scheme he cooked up. But I guarantee you would have laughed until you cried if you saw the whole scenario.

Last edited: