Players You Dislike

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Come to think of it, if all players are like Timo and Jun, don't you think the sport will be kinda lame and boring? I think we do need these characters to make the sport more interesting, otherwise it'll be monotonous. Though I may not like some, but I must admit, it makes me want to watch TT...coz I will be rooting for the other guy.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Come to think of it, if all players are like Timo and Jun, don't you think the sport will be kinda lame and boring? I think we do need these characters to make the sport more interesting, otherwise it'll be monotonous. Though I may not like some, but I must admit, it makes me want to watch TT...coz I will be rooting for the other guy.

i think there's already too many boring characters, we need more tokic's and chen weixing's

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
i dont like zhang jike- his pure arrogance annoys me, and when he refused to shake ma longs hand, i was ragin lol
i dislike ma lin sometimes because of his losing reactions, and for some reason i dont like jun mizutani but thats more to do with how he plays, ive heard hes actually really nice. i also dont like mattenet (thinks hes better than he is) and i really have massive dislikes for suss and steger. my friend played at the worlds iin moscow and they were the only people in the practice hall, then suss came and kickd them off the table because it was "his table" even tho he hadnt played on it at all and there were loads of other tables to play on!!!
then again, if timo had asked and it was me, i wouldnt have minded i like timo a lot hes so nice
also joo is nice my friend got me his autograph apparently hes really quiet but really nice which is good- he's my idol :D
chen is just hilarious!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 2 reviews
alexander shibaev is a bit of a ballbag!! so arrogant its unreal....and bernadette szocs for the excessive squeeling during a match, ive seen pigs squeel less!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
i dont blame him for throwing his racket.it was an very "intesive" set,he had many match balls.lol i would have thrown my racket at schlager :D

It doesn't take much to dislike Schlager I'm guessing :) It must begin in the warmup as you look at his weird ugly effective strokes and then as the match progresses it turns into active hate with his unorthodox shots, serves, everything :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Came here expecting to see ZJK mentioned a lot, wasn't disappointed. I think Wang Liqin has to be the most universally liked and respected Chinese player, both within China and outside. Ma Long also seems like a very nice guy who everyone likes. Ma Lin and Wang Hao tend to play up their bad boy image but I'm sure they are nice people. ZJK just rubs me the wrong way with his over excessive celebrations, lack of respect and sense of entitlement. Maybe its due to being kicked off the team once.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Amazing how many people "hate" players they've never met, and also that this is one of the longest threads on the forum! One thing for sure, if everyone was the same, sports would be boring. I personally don't care what sounds people make, or if people get a bit pissed off when they play, or if their face looks a certain way when they play. Obviously a lot of people do care about that kind of thing, I just don't. That thing Saive did with his pants, though, was truly weird. I can't say I hated him for it, just wondered WTF. I've never met these top 100 in the world guys. I've met a bunch of the top North American players, and some of them are really great human beings, and some-----not so much. I cheer accordingly.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I intensly dislike all TT athletles who can crush me like a bug but are rated in my same division. Any player who can dominate another player in the same division winning by and average of 5-6 points time and time again means something is wrong with how players are assigned to the divisions, seriously wrong, Houston.

Basically, that means I have no use for ringers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
and bernadette szocs for the excessive squeeling during a match, ive seen pigs squeel less!

I have to say, it took me a while to realize how hot she is because of the choing, but she is hot. Makes me wonder what she sounds like when she is playing other kinds of games:

szocs2_11_11_11_Large.jpg bronz-mondial-pentru-irina-ciobanu-si-bernadette-szocs.jpg 2527.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
As i've said either here or on a different forum, its stupid to judge someone based on getting fired up in a match and cho'ing loudly. I know a few people who have hung out with two of the most commonly mentioned names, Ovtcharov and Lin Gaoyuan, and they've all said they're particularly nice and chill people. There's nothing wrong with getting fired up over a match, especially when its your career, profession, and what you've dedicated your life to.

Last edited: