Poly balls

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So the pro who had the poly balls, told me that the Nittaku poly balls are very close to the celluloid balls. Interesting. He said that they were the best ones.

I texted to ask which ball we were hitting with and he told me he would check. But that the Nittaku ones were better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
So the pro who had the poly balls, told me that the Nittaku poly balls are very close to the celluloid balls. Interesting. He said that they were the best ones.

I texted to ask which ball we were hitting with and he told me he would check. But that the Nittaku ones were better.
Just made me wonder, isn't it so common that the leaders in a specific industry almost always find out a way to come up with the best products , Nittaku must be doing something really better than the others when it comes to producing table tennis balls ...

Reactions: ZJK
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Also as explained by ITTF and many national federation, changing balls may be a costly thing, so it is the individual tournaments, leagues etc that decide when to move over.

Anyone knows what happened during the previous (38 to 40mm) ball transition? What did ITTF mandate or recommend? And what actually happened on the ground?

says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012

Good to hear this.
Nittaku balls were always the best and it seems like they will continue being the best. I really love their 3 star premium balls but sadly they are so expensive for me to buy and they brake faster than the other balls.

But it's good to hear their poly balls are very close to celluloid balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I know this. My question is how much does it take to adjust to them.

Ok. I have not tried them, and I was not playing table tennis when there was any ball change, but one 38 mm ball ended up in my club, and it was very different. Much faster and spinner. I don't know what the difference will be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
theres lots of activity from DHS,Andro and Stiga in terms of making rubbers for the new ball,as well as making the new ball.

However,Butterfly and Yasaka havent really said anything/stated anything about when they are going to produce new rubber types that suits the new ball.

was wondering what their ploy will be.

maybe they will create rubbers after the balls official usage time,say it is more developed than dhs's or stiga's new rubbers,then charge exorbitant prices.Just my opinion.

I wonder what fellow members have to say-please express your thoughts.

Reactions: akonebrahim
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
theres lots of activity from DHS,Andro and Stiga in terms of making rubbers for the new ball,as well as making the new ball.

However,Butterfly and Yasaka havent really said anything/stated anything about when they are going to produce new rubber types that suits the new ball.

was wondering what their ploy will be.

maybe they will create rubbers after the balls official usage time,say it is more developed than dhs's or stiga's new rubbers,then charge exorbitant prices.Just my opinion.

I wonder what fellow members have to say-please express your thoughts.

You never know with these big tt companies

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Ok. I have not tried them, and I was not playing table tennis when there was any ball change, but one 38 mm ball ended up in my club, and it was very different. Much faster and spinner. I don't know what the difference will be.

Another few were in the club today. They were Nittaku 3 stars. They felt different as well. In fact, THEY felt harder and broken, just like the new ball seem to people. Now, with that in mind, I think the balls will be a different feel. Maybe players will in fact move back again because when the ball is slower the players can cover more distance before the ball comes. I think flicks will become much easier because of the slower ball. Can't wait for the release!