Post your latest EJ purchase

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yinhe Big Dipper 39 degrees.
I though that it might replace H3.
Nope, not at all. Much less spin, unfortunately.
H3 forever it seems.

so far, with my test of so many "H3" wannabees, especially with the hype on those rubbers from this forum.

I have the same findings, they all have less spin, unfortunately.
H3 top sheet + sponge ratio, spin is just the next level.
Like the spin ratio on a T05 and another other wannabees.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
How does it feel compared to the 968? One of my clubmates has that blade with the exact same rubbers as me (D09C both sides). A table fell on his foot a few weeks ago (not the leg, the whole damn table!) so he's out of action for a little while. When he comes back I might give it a try. I'm committed to the 968 regardless, but I'm curious.
Ouch!

I prefer it for a couple of reasons - it’s heavier and more solid feeling, with a far more comfortable handle and i love the balance - it feels lighter than it is when in hand. It’s also a beautifully made blade with far better finish than any DHS blade I have owned.

Playing characteristics are somewhere between 968 and my Viscaria - it seems to work well with T05/R7 and offers good feel and enough speed.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Ouch!

I prefer it for a couple of reasons - it’s heavier and more solid feeling, with a far more comfortable handle and i love the balance - it feels lighter than it is when in hand. It’s also a beautifully made blade with far better finish than any DHS blade I have owned.

Playing characteristics are somewhere between 968 and my Viscaria - it seems to work well with T05/R7 and offers good feel and enough speed.
Nice, I think the large head size of the 968 is a bit cumbersome. I'm seriously considering shaving it down a couple mm's. My previous primary blade, the commercial HL5 was shaved down to the size of a TB ALC mold. I haven't decided on the backup blade yet, but if it's one with a smaller head size I'll probably use that to make a mold to shave down my 968.

I don't have any issues with its head heaviness now, but when I'm training with high tempo at 90 balls/min random fast topspins to FH and BH, I start having issues with getting enough backswing to make quality shots on the BH side. I'm thinking that might be an issue going forward as I try to up my game.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not purchase, not EJ.

here is my sampling list

970XX A
970XX K
CHN - Yin Hang
Max-01
PLC-M201
PLC-M202
Pro-01
Pro-02
Pro-11S
Pro-537S
T-11S
Uranus 1

Yinhe rubber:
955 green OX
955 green 0.7mm
Uranus Pro 2.15mm Black
Uranus Pro 2.15mm Red
Mercury 3 Euro Soft Black
Mercury 3 Euro Soft Red
Jupiter 3 Euro 39 Black
Moon M+ Blue
Moon H- Blue

Loki:
W81 PRO CS
Violent V7 CS
ARTHUR CHINA
RXTON I
RXTON I Special
RXTON III
RXTON III Blue
RXTON III Pink
RXTON V
T3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Nice, I think the large head size of the 968 is a bit cumbersome. I'm seriously considering shaving it down a couple mm's. My previous primary blade, the commercial HL5 was shaved down to the size of a TB ALC mold. I haven't decided on the backup blade yet, but if it's one with a smaller head size I'll probably use that to make a mold to shave down my 968.

I don't have any issues with its head heaviness now, but when I'm training with high tempo at 90 balls/min random fast topspins to FH and BH, I start having issues with getting enough backswing to make quality shots on the BH side. I'm thinking that might be an issue going forward as I try to up my game.
Makes sense, I’m not a fan of larger head sizes or head heavy blades. My 968 was the standard size head but was still head heavy and so felt less well balanced to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
This year so far, after receiving my annual bonus (which wasn't as terrible as expected):
- Nittaku Acoustic with Joola Dynarz ACC (purple) on the FH and Tenergy 05-FX on the BH
- Nittaku Septear with Tibhar Evolution MX-D on the FH and EL-S on the BH (was curious about Hinoki)
- Joola Rossi Emotion with Victas V15 (blue) on the FH and Tibhar Evolution FX-P on the BH (in transit from TT11)

No more purchases in 2023, I hope.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
This year so far, after receiving my annual bonus (which wasn't as terrible as expected):
- Nittaku Acoustic with Joola Dynarz ACC (purple) on the FH and Tenergy 05-FX on the BH
- Nittaku Septear with Tibhar Evolution MX-D on the FH and EL-S on the BH (was curious about Hinoki)
- Joola Rossi Emotion with Victas V15 (blue) on the FH and Tibhar Evolution FX-P on the BH (in transit from TT11)

No more purchases in 2023, I hope.

How have you found mxd andy?

says Spin, Spin, more spin :)
says Spin, Spin, more spin :)
Jul 2022
Yinhe Moon Pro soft 2.15 black. Sometimes trying tacky and slower sheets make your forhand better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Innerforce ZLC (93g) - really surprised by how much I like this blade. Slower than my Viscaria but not by much, and has that slightly woodier feel.

Interesting I've bought a Franziska and trying C48 and R45 with it (as never tried Andro rubbers) though will stick with my normal setup for the last few games of the season.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
How have you found mxd andy?
I've played extensively with G-1 and V15, and MX-D to me is harder and faster than those rubbers, and more difficult to control at my level (~1700). It's quite the rocket with impressive speed and spin. I ordered FX-P on the Rossi blade to see if the softer rubber meshes with my game better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Interesting I've bought a Franziska and trying C48 and R45 with it (as never tried Andro rubbers) though will stick with my normal setup for the last few games of the season.
I look forward to heating your thoughts once you try it - mine just feels really good in hand as well as very controllable to play with.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I also can share on the wall of the confessions:
Victas V07 stiff
Thor's
T80fx
Nitakku Hammond CR40 (two. Why two?)
Tibhar Primus (the last two I found in Europe)
H3Prov OS 39
Dignics 80
TSP Regalis blue (why?)
Stiga boost TX (why the hell?)

None of these opened yet...🤔

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hey no judgment! In fact I'll go first.
I bought a sheet of DHS Skyline 3-60 for my BH. Did I need it now? No.

Full disclosure I got the idea of this topic from another forum (I won't mention which one but has nothing to do with TT), just I won't take credit for the idea.
Hey Tiz,
IF EJing is your thing, you may like the thread "Calling all EJ's!!! list the equipment tried over the past 2yrs"