Post your latest EJ purchase

I've received Nittaku Acoustic just recently (again...), but this time with large handle and this was the best purchase in my life. Feels MUCH better than regular handle.

Nittaku FastArc G-1 on FH somehow fits Acoustic just right. It feels right. It does just everything how I expect it to do.

BH is still under question, though. G-1 is a bit too hard and spin sensitive (yes, this is my personal opinion - G-1 IS spin sensitive when playing against really heavy top spins, unlike H3 or regular ESN rubber like Rasanter or even Tenergy 05).

Want to try C-1 for BH.
OK tried C-1 and it's much better than G-1 for BH.
The sponge is softer, while topsheet remains very grippy, so I can execute the same BH flicks.
Blocks and counter topspins are easier to execute.

So far happy with this rubber on the BH, waiting when EJ virus strikes again.
Also gonna return to h3 on the FH since G-1 just can't replace it unfortunately. Ordered prov. H3 neo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
OK tried C-1 and it's much better than G-1 for BH.
The sponge is softer, while topsheet remains very grippy, so I can execute the same BH flicks.
Blocks and counter topspins are easier to execute.

So far happy with this rubber on the BH, waiting when EJ virus strikes again.
Also gonna return to h3 on the FH since G-1 just can't replace it unfortunately. Ordered prov. H3 neo.

I'm currently enjoying my Nittaku Acoustic with the regular (small) handle but it does feel a bit loose at times and I'm wondering whether this is causing some mis-hits. I feel it could be a bit more secure and was interested in either the SG Special handle or the LG handle. Would you consider your hands to be larger than average?

I'm currently enjoying my Nittaku Acoustic with the regular (small) handle but it does feel a bit loose at times and I'm wondering whether this is causing some mis-hits. I feel it could be a bit more secure and was interested in either the SG Special handle or the LG handle. Would you consider your hands to be larger than average?
I would say regular hands. LG handle is definitely better for BH.

FH I feel that sometimes with bigger handles I need to consciously relax the wrist more, since smaller handles kind of make my wrist loose automatically on the FH side(HL5 is another blade with rather thin handle - same thing)...either way, I find large Acoustic handle to be far superior for BH side, FH can always be adjusted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Do you think TG2 will be good on Acoustic?

edit: also, is it provincial blue sponge TG2 or commercial ?

Personally I like very tacky rubber such as TG2. I can chop, block and loop with a big margin of safety (think of Ma Lin). The half tacky H3 is faster with much longer trajectory, that means you need more precise timing and control.

DHS has not changed the formula in the TG2 topsheet that’s why it’s still as tacky as hell.

I have both - the provincial blue sponge isn’t too different from the commercial one. With the same hardness, the blue sponge provides you with more power far away from the table.

Reactions: mihalichtheone
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Baracuda is quite old but I think there's a good reason it's stuck around, and they even have it in blue from some stores
Yeah it's been around awhile, thought I'd try it because there must be a reason it's not been discontinued, people must like it, and it must still sell. It ain't gonna sell if it's poor!!!

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
Better kept that hush hush Lazer, if too many of your opponents find out, they'll all be playing green rubbers to try and put you off!!!!
Actually in my club I haven’t seen a single one yet… 😉

Cheers
L-zr

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I recently bought 4 compression T-shirts from under armour haha, can't wait to use them for table tennis purposes! I used one recently and it felt amazing because it helped me brace my core and also deal with the sweat highly efficiently (even more so than modern quick drying shirts)
I really like compression shirts or long sleeves for TT. They are just amazing, almost for any type of physical activity. But for some reason, i didn't sweat while playing TT, i guess because i have used to much more higher bpm/intensities. Guys from the team changing for a few shirts very often. But I trying to compensate intensity by three plus hours of playing each session :LOL:

Reactions: jammmail
says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
yesterday i brought the Hammond Z2 in 2.0 sponge bc the rakza 9 is starting to disappoint me after just 1 and a half months of usage

same characteristics as rakza 9 but hammond z2 has even more spin potential than rakza 9, i feel like i would love this rubber but at the same time it might be a little too fast for me

but one day of hitting with it isnt really conclusive and i wasn't in tip top form so i am looking forward to the 2nd day of hitting with it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022