Post your latest EJ purchase

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Suspect it might be on the fast side for me but it will scratch the try a vis composition itch. Probably will have to wait for the Christmas break before experimenting too much as season has started.
IMG_1005.jpeg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Suspect it might be on the fast side for me but it will scratch the try a vis composition itch. Probably will have to wait for the Christmas break before experimenting too much as season has started.View attachment 27105
I always wanted to try this...but im pretty exclusively inner carbon now

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What’s the composition, thickness and head size of these blades?
That's a miss on my part, thanks for asking.

So I wanted a Cybershape Carbon composition without the headshape, which I hear is the Stiga Inspira CCF. I asked for Korbel handles though I think they are probably thicker than I would find optimal given the blade thickness. I asked for one with Koto like the original Inspira and one with Limba (so I can do a comparison of the differences) - I wanted to see whether the Cybershape for me is about the blade head shape or just the wood composition. Will need some time to test and play, but it feels good from the tests just hitting in the house.

So it should be something like koto, limba, inner carbon, kiri on one and limba, limba, inner carbon, kiri on the second - it should match the Inspira/Cybershape Carbon of about 6.2mm or so. @hipnotic can probably explain better. But if this blade plays like I think it will, I will find it odd that straight up carbon can play so well and we are being inundated with all these SZLC $350 monsters.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Made the full transition to my new set up (got the same rubbers on both my viscarias). Also picked up some DHS Glue, and some seamoon booster, and i'm currently waiting for the booster on my first dhs h3n to try so i can glue it back up. .

New DHS H3N.jpg
new Dignics 09c.jpg
DHS Glue.jpg
New DHS H3N.jpg

Attachments

• boosted DHS Hurricaine 3.jpg
    boosted DHS Hurricaine 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
That's a miss on my part, thanks for asking.

So I wanted a Cybershape Carbon composition without the headshape which I hear is the Stiga Inspira CCF. I asked for Korbel handles though I think they are probably thicker than I would find optimal given the blade thickness. I asked for one with Koto like the original Inspira and one with Limba (so I can do a comparison of the differences) - I wanted to see whether the Cybershape for me is about the blade head shape or just the wood composition. Will need some time to test and play, but it feels good from the tests just hitting in the house.

So it should be something like koto, limba, inner carbon, kiri on one and limba, limba, inner carbon, kiri on the second - it should match the Inspira/Cybershape Carbon of about 6.2mm or so. @hipnotic can probably explain better. But if this blade plays like I think it will, I will find it odd that straight up carbon can play so well and we are being inundated with all these SZLC $350 monsters.
Were you the one who bought the Cyberthingy from Hipnotic just a few minutes before I was going to buy it?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Suspect it might be on the fast side for me but it will scratch the try a vis composition itch. Probably will have to wait for the Christmas break before experimenting too much as season has started.View attachment 27105
I just got one of these secondhand and its pretty nice. It has a dead spot sound in a small patch of the backhand side but I honestly have not felt it just from playing with it. I have Aurus and Golden Tango on it right now and it feels good, my sample feels slower than my Pro Feeling and D715 but still powerful. Aurus and GT are harder and lower throwing than the rubbers I am preferring right now but something about my Pro 01 is giving me a very comfortable arc with these rubbers. Maybe I ended up with a more flexible sample, I might have to get more of them to compare.

Reactions: AchyGeorge
says Feel the ball first.
says Feel the ball first.
Oct 2022
Made the full transition to my new set up (got the same rubbers on both my viscarias). Also picked up some DHS Glue, and some seamoon booster, and i'm currently waiting for the booster on my first dhs h3n to try so i can glue it back up. .

View attachment 27106
Great choices. How do you find the DHS no.15? Is thick as reviews say? Is it easy to use? I use Gewo Hydrotec, it has strong adhesion but it's difficult to remove from rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Great choices. How do you find the DHS no.15? Is thick as reviews say? Is it easy to use? I use Gewo Hydrotec, it has strong adhesion but it's difficult to remove from rubbers.
So I’ve only used the glue once..and ive never glued anytbing before lol. It was super easy to glue on the rubber. And I noticed it dried really fast. In fact, it dried so fast on the actual blade I wasn’t able to spread it evenly (I also blame this on the bad sponge. this glue makes a film that is super easy to peel off. So I just peeled it off and tried again and it was good because I was prepared. It glued the still domed rubber on to the paddle easily. I’ll let you know how hard it is to remove the rubber from the blade when I reboost in a couple months

Reactions: Fedex78
This user has no status.
I have just recently assembled two rackets with these:
- DHS PG3Z + Tibhar Hybrid K1 Euro on both sides:
For the first time, it was very weird, accuracy was terrible on weaker shots & short game. Now it is noticeably better, after I hit with it for about 2 hours. The racket weighs 199.1g in total, pretty heavy, but still usable for me after a proper warmup. This fiber holds the ball really well on more powerful shots, I can make a great variety of weird spinny shots and super powerful low arc finishers as well. This racket definitely rewards active play, but lets a few passive shots to be played as well, when the occasion is chosen wisely.​
- Yinhe Pro 13S + 729/Friendship Battle II Pro on both sides (39° blue sponge FH, 38° rose sponge BH):
I can't wait to see how the different composite materials will behave with my rubber choices. Backhand side is outer ALC, so I put a lighter sheet there (38°, 62.5g uncut). Forehand side is inner KLC (if I am not mistaken), so I put a denser sheet there (39°, 68.3g uncut).​

Last edited:
Reactions: TT Lover
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I got a bad cold or maybe flu or maybe Covid 🤔 not sure but sitting at home don’t help, EJ is on the full mode, ordered Joola Freeze HRD, ZHQ Super Ary-C 90 and have to wait 2 weeks for the 2nd BTY FZD ALC….
Then it’s turn for rubbers 😜
11.11 is approaching and have already full list to order 🙈🤯😜

• Haha
Reactions: ben1229