Post your latest EJ purchase

says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
Reactor thunder isnt that similar to Tornado V5. My used one still very Tacky even if the surface looks worn. Topsheet has good quality but i think the sponge needs booster to compete with other H3 style rubbers. Boosted with 2-3 layers of seamoon its amazing for the price.
yeah i did have to boost my tornado v5 too bc it was slow so i dont rly mind having to boost thunder (which i am planning to do so from the very beginning :devilish:)

what should i expect if i move from tornado to thunder? spinnier, faster, harder to block, etc.?

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
IMG_5876.jpeg

IMG_5877.jpeg

Ordered my first custom blade after playing with one my trainer made for years.

DHS Hurricane 301 (FL)
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Provincial (Orange Sponge) 39deg and 2.15mm
BH: XIOM Vega Europe 2.0mm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
yeah i did have to boost my tornado v5 too bc it was slow so i dont rly mind having to boost thunder (which i am planning to do so from the very beginning :devilish:)

what should i expect if i move from tornado to thunder? spinnier, faster, harder to block, etc.?
Thats a good Idea i think.
Based on my experience with Thunder on FH i got More spin, better serve & short touchs, More topend speed, better 3rd/5th ball, More dangerous finishing shots. I think it had lower throw.

Reactions: netdriver
Aug 2019
Thats a good Idea i think.
Based on my experience with Thunder on FH i got More spin, better serve & short touchs, More topend speed, better 3rd/5th ball, More dangerous finishing shots. I think it had lower throw.
how well does thunder block?

i love the tornado simply bc its a good well-natured allround rubber. i still block with TPB and the tornado performs well for that kind of shot (could be because of the non-tacky surface but it could be my blade too bc blocking was decent with battle 2).

idk why but my lobbing game is better with the tornado too compared to any rubber ive used before.

i feel like the only fault it has right now to me would be that its a little bit too soft especially after boosting; counterlooping ability of the rubber is a bit lacking because of the soft sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
how well does thunder block?

i love the tornado simply bc its a good well-natured allround rubber. i still block with TPB and the tornado performs well for that kind of shot (could be because of the non-tacky surface but it could be my blade too bc blocking was decent with battle 2).

idk why but my lobbing game is better with the tornado too compared to any rubber ive used before.

i feel like the only fault it has right now to me would be that its a little bit too soft especially after boosting; counterlooping ability of the rubber is a bit lacking because of the soft sponge.
I think it blocked like most H3 style rubbers... Possible to keep it low& short, if active block you can change the Depth & speed of the block. I dont passive block a Lot with the Fh during games though, for training its ok, it has good control (even if my technique for FH block isnt that great lol) Tornado i used on BH, i remember it was easier to block with good control & pace.

Reactions: netdriver
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
IMG_5190.jpeg

D-2 has a paper thin basesheet, the rubber is elastic but easily snappable if you pull on it too hard, after removing the initial glue job the rubber has sustained some minor damage at the edges. Gluing with waterbase was very nerve wracking (and not without error) but thankfully DHS #15 peeled off pretty easily. One session from D-2 on outer ALC (Xiom Feel AX), the rubber feels easy to play with good margin for error, reversal and dampening are good but nothing too special, the pips offer enough grip to be played fairly safe but are not so sensitive to oncoming spin. Chop block, punch/sideswipe, counter hit are all easy to execute while keeping the ball low, I was putting some balls off the table but I think that might just be the carbon blade. As of now I've removed it and taken the glue off so I can put it onto another blade

Reactions: Choosikick
I bought someone's new condition back up 80g Acoustic for $93 USD/$130 CDN and looking forward to trying it out tonight.

I tried the inner carbon acoustic a year ago which was to fast for my skill level, limiting my learning curve and have been using a Primorac made in Japan 88g since then for about a year with H3 prov orange 39 fh and Rakza 7 Bh. The Primorac is great but couldn't keep my mind off of buying an all wood Acoustic or the Virtuoso off- Sff is selling.

I do wonder what the speed difference will be given the much lighter 80g, if any. Hopefully it's not slower than my Primorac although wouldn't be the end of the world.

My precious! 😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-13-17-18-39-81_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-13-17-18-39-81_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 36
Aug 2019
i just ordered online a 729 battle max pro black 40 degrees to replace my reactor tornado v5

i hope it plays well, the last blue sponged rubber i brought from 729 felt like crap to me (battle 2 prov blue sponge)

the reactor tornado v5 played *really* well so after 729 battle max pro i will be trying the equally cheap reactor thunder

first impressions; battle max pro to me is not worth buying

feels the exact same as B2P blue sponge only without the slippage issues

probably shouldve brought the 39 instead of 40 degrees hardness but i doubt it would make a difference

i will try boosting it and see how it would play after

until then i will be switching back to my tornado v5

View attachment IMG_20231113_170946.jpgView attachment IMG_20231113_211456.jpgView attachment IMG_20231113_170830.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Victas Quartet AFC and Mizuno Fortius FT RE.

AFC is basically the same as my current blade (victas koki niwa) but I like the handle more and they are becoming harder to find over here in the UK.

Fortius FT is a very popular 7ply blade in japan which is also very hard to find in my country, I had read that its quite heavy, so I opted for the RE version which is supposedly a little lighter.

IMG_7132.jpg

This user has no status.
The results of my Singles Day Aliexpress haul:

2x Friendship Legend 802 SP Medium Soft Black
1x Friendship Pro Dragon-F Medium-Soft Red
2x Loki Rxton 3 Blue
2x DHS Rubber protector
1x Yinhe T11s
1x Friendship glue 100ml

Still awaiting the Pro Dragon-F which goes on the T11s, which got a Legend 802 SP on it for the BH.
Gonna try out the Rxton 3 and Legend 802 SP on my go to frame Butterfly BalsaCarbo X7 22.

Curious to see the differences between the BTY and Yinhe blade, BTY is a hair thicker, but thats mostly outer wood layers. BTY seems like an inner carbon, T11s outer carbon. Also the balsa core is significantly thicker on the T11s.

Attachments

• IMG_20231118_223715.jpg
    IMG_20231118_223715.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20231118_223730.jpg
    IMG_20231118_223730.jpg
    832.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20231118_223740.jpg
    IMG_20231118_223740.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
Aug 2019
first impressions; battle max pro to me is not worth buying

feels the exact same as B2P blue sponge only without the slippage issues

probably shouldve brought the 39 instead of 40 degrees hardness but i doubt it would make a difference

i will try boosting it and see how it would play after

until then i will be switching back to my tornado v5

View attachment 27423View attachment 27424View attachment 27425

came back here just to take back my words; battle max pro is a pretty good rubber

once the tackiness is reduced that is.... and maybe after breaking it in a little (in my case i boosted it with 2 layers)

reviews from chinese sources are pretty spot on; its the easiest rubber to play with in the battle 2 lineup

i felt that it is easier to loop with BMP; with the B2OS and B2BS i have to be more precise with my technique and put in more force behind my strokes whereas the BMP is quite forgiving and i dont have to exert as much force than is perceived.

the throw angle is still low (trademark of battle 2 series lol) but it is more than manageable. the speed/spin ratio is nicely balanced in regards to how easy it is to vary the spin of the ball.

on the other hand the top end speed and power is not as good as B2OS and especially B2BS. B2BS is miles faster compared to BMP once you put oomph into your shots. if you are an advanced player with a powerlooping style you should use B2BS instead.

Reactions: Marc