Quarantined- Dorm Room Table Tennis

says what [IMG]
Although I am not terribly knowledgeable, I've noticed that in some wu-shu schools the horse stance is different from what you're doing. Easier, if you will.

I think for a workout, keeping about 90 deg leg bend with thigh somewhat parallel to ground and back straight is good. So a little bit lower than you are, and straighter. Carl can probably advise on the actual technical details of the stance with all the do and don'ts : I don't do yoga/practice any form of wu-shu via a school so I am not qualified.

I can fairly easily hold 1 minute of "workout" horse stance with some small shaking after a minute. Maybe I can do 1 min 30 if I struggle, or maybe more. So I would not say 1 min is exactly bad but it's not good either: I haven't actually done this in a very long time and I just tested now after a short shake up to get some heat in. On top of that I wouldn't say I'm exactly in good shape.

I think you can probably achieve 5 minutes as the result of training an hour or two every day for however long it will take you. I personally know people who can hold planks and whatnot for 3 minutes, 4 minutes, hell, 5 minutes and still keep going easily, so maybe my reference is unrealistic. It doesn't really matter how long you can do: whatever you do is not enough, go train more! ;)