Question about sealing

This user has no status.
Agreed, Excellent Advice

Agreed, excellent advice. Emrathich says the same on his PingSunday web site. My brother and I use Tung Oil, which can be spread very thin (he's used it for woodworking). The last blade I did I also added a narrow second layer around the outside edge. This blade's outside edge had been damaged, and I wanted to prevent further splintering.

it is only a piece of plywood really, there are simple techniques to straighten a bent piece of plywood, using warm water on one side.
Google: straightening a bent plywood 😎

Haha, you go ahead and waste your with that.
No it’s not that easy, and it’s actually layers of plywood. If you manage to get it straight it won’t stay that way for long..

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Haha, you go ahead and waste your with that.
No it’s not that easy, and it’s actually layers of plywood. If you manage to get it straight it won’t stay that way for long..

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Plywood is a material manufactured from thin layers or "plies" of wood veneer that are glued together with adjacent layers having their wood grain rotated up to 90 degrees to one another.

It would be nice if you would engage your brain when replying.
If the blade would not stay straight after the treatment, why indeed bother.
Your comment is typical of someone who did not actually use the method but just has to be contradictory.
Nothing new here.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I had 3 of those blades and they were all bent. I managed to straighten all of them
I still got one of them ..........and it is still straight after about 4 years 😁

IMG%2020190603%20120822%20jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Plywood is a material manufactured from thin layers or "plies" of wood veneer that are glued together with adjacent layers having their wood grain rotated up to 90 degrees to one another.

It would be nice if you would engage your brain when replying.
If the blade would not stay straight after the treatment, why indeed bother.
Your comment is typical of someone who did not actually use the method but just has to be contradictory.
Nothing new here.

I worked on wooden boats for 30 years I made my own ribs so I know. That blade is made of substandard wood that wasn’t dried properly (done that too). Go ahead and beat your dead horse…