Rainer87 matchvideo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Thanks RiPPER, I am aware of that. Being tense is my overall problem. I have major problems with my back, also my back is little bit curved, plus I have behind the desk job, all of this is affecting tension in my muscles. I am going because of that to physical therapeutic once a week and this is helping me little a bit.

Thanks again Der_Echte for feedback and information!

Greats news about Margus Hunt indeed, what is the coincidence that he was selected by your team, funny. I have been fallowing his career since he was still doing track and fields. I am with track and field background myself, when I was junior I ran 100m 11,40 and jumped 6.73 long jump. After Hunt won those cold medals at WM Junior Athletics, I thought, actually everybody in Estonia did, that he will be our next Olympic Champion in track and fields. For me there is nothing wrong with his decision entering American Football arena as he will make alot more money in that sport. There is one more athlete with Estonian backround over there= Michael Roos, his parents are Estonian and he was born in Estonia, but he has lived most of his life in USA, also he doesnt speak Estonian languge.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yes, that is exactly the situation to use that shot.

The ball is very low percentage to attempt a strong BH shot. A chop gets you back into the point. Ity is a wonderful change of tempo and spin, especially if you can make a no spin or light spin look heavy, you will get a lot of those errors from opponent in attack. if opponent decides to push it and misreads teh float ball, you get a nice chance to finish the point from his high ball.

Try it out, you will be suprised how many points you win. You do not have a lot to use. Opponent got you out of position and was about to win the point anyway.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Bad news for me, I broke my achilles tendon.

I was training very hard for over a two months doing mostly multiball exercises to improve my footwork. Two weeks ago I went to play football (soccer) for change from table tennis and I played hard price for it. While running back from offence I felt like somebody hit my ankle, I fell down in agony and started screaming and looking for the offender. Actually there was nobody near to me, I experienced rupture of Achilles tendon. If I am lucky and heal fast then I am out for 4-6 months, if not then up to 8-10 months before I can play normally again. For at least 2 months I have to use crutches for moving around. Doctor said that trauma was caused because of pushing myself too hard, he said that my mind is still feeling that I can push myself 110%, but my body is not capable to do the same anymore. After the surgery they put my leg in stretched position and put splint on it as well. Those two weeks my leg didn’t cause me almost any pain and wound healed really well during that time. Yesterday they removed stitches and next step was putting my ankle back to right angle (90 degrees). That was very painful experience, I had to stretch my tendon about 5-7 cm, it took me about 5-10 minutes, doing it through the pain maid me sweat like I was in sauna. Now I am wearing orthopedical boot for at least a month and then if everything is ok I can start proper rehabilitation. At the moment I must train my thigh muscles to keep tonicity in my leg and stretch my tendon as much as I can. Today I feel already a lot better and I can put little bit of pressure to my sore leg while walking with crutches.

Anyway, I thought I let you guys know, that I will not be posting videos for some time now. Big Greetings to Mentor Der_Echte
biggrin.png

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OUCH !!! Das tut weh!

I neary permanently screwed up my knees playing full speed soccer (football) in the Iraqi desert with the Iraqi infantry company. Too much change of direction, too much weight, too much inconsistent friction from sand (hard/soft changing) etc. I was lucky.

Achilles injuries are a tough break. You can bounce back from it, but it will take a LONG time and it is tough work. Even if you can start training, you are never the same until many months pass again. This will set you back a year +, but heck, you could have visited a USA and got gunshot from a punk, so it could be worse. You know what you have to deal with, take your time, get it fixed, physio, and recover later. I would say recover soon, but NO ONE recovers soon from this injury.

This injury happens a lot when your body is way over-worked. You are right. Your mind thinks it is OK, and really the body is OK, but the transmission of electrons(that tell a muscle to do something) works only in some parts right away. This causes a muscle to contract and others to relax. if it is the wrong combo, then you are in deep shit. This happens even to the most well-trained elite athletes, so don't blame yourself too much. Just get it fixed, recover slowly, and enjoy life. Learn how to make wooden furniture, make a blog, but do something you can do and you really like.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Bad news for me, I broke my achilles tendon.

I was training very hard for over a two months doing mostly multiball exercises to improve my footwork. Two weeks ago I went to play football (soccer) for change from table tennis and I played hard price for it. While running back from offence I felt like somebody hit my ankle, I fell down in agony and started screaming and looking for the offender. Actually there was nobody near to me, I experienced rupture of Achilles tendon. If I am lucky and heal fast then I am out for 4-6 months, if not then up to 8-10 months before I can play normally again. For at least 2 months I have to use crutches for moving around. Doctor said that trauma was caused because of pushing myself too hard, he said that my mind is still feeling that I can push myself 110%, but my body is not capable to do the same anymore. After the surgery they put my leg in stretched position and put splint on it as well. Those two weeks my leg didn’t cause me almost any pain and wound healed really well during that time. Yesterday they removed stitches and next step was putting my ankle back to right angle (90 degrees). That was very painful experience, I had to stretch my tendon about 5-7 cm, it took me about 5-10 minutes, doing it through the pain maid me sweat like I was in sauna. Now I am wearing orthopedical boot for at least a month and then if everything is ok I can start proper rehabilitation. At the moment I must train my thigh muscles to keep tonicity in my leg and stretch my tendon as much as I can. Today I feel already a lot better and I can put little bit of pressure to my sore leg while walking with crutches.

Anyway, I thought I let you guys know, that I will not be posting videos for some time now. Big Greetings to Mentor Der_Echte
biggrin.png

So sorry to hear about this injury Rainer! Sounds horrific I hope you recover fast mate! Keep positive we are all here to support you buddy!! I will post you a TableTennisDaily t-shirt when they arrive next month! :)

Kind regards

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Yes, very unfortunate for me. It just shows how dangerous it is to go and start practicing another kind of sport, movement and changing direction is too different compared to table tennis. Also, I must have over trained little a bit. For two weeks I did 3 times table tennis and then 1 time soccer, like that two weeks in a row, before that I played table tennis 3x a week, but didn’t play soccer. I felt that it wasnt too hard for my body, but I guess my body felt differently.

I know it takes long time, I am already accepted that I can’t play for some time now. I still train as much as I can at home to stay fit. When my leg starts to endure more weight I will start to do some shadow training as well. Today was first step forward as I could walk without crutches little a bit.

I haven’t lost my momentum, I am still eager to train and compete. This injury is not gone mess up my plans, it is just postponing what I want to achieve in table tennis.

Improving my serves is first thing I will start doing, when I can get behind the table again, also I should be able to do regular contra shot as they will not acquire moving my feet.

DAN, TTD T-shirt would be great gift, to show my gratitude, I will wear it when I make my first comeback competition. :D

Last edited: