Rakza 7 vs Evolution MX-S?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I thought u used to play with MX-S?

I did. I also used to play with Karis M and Tenergy 05 too, remember? Even did a brief stint with Genius.

But I wanted something that suited my current game after taking a 9 month hiatus. To cut a long story short, Fastarc G1 is now being sold at reasonable prices in Europe and I gave it a shot and loved it.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I did. I also used to play with Karis M and Tenergy 05 too, remember? Even did a brief stint with Genius.

But I wanted something that suited my current game after taking a 9 month hiatus. To cut a long story short, Fastarc G1 is now being sold at reasonable prices in Europe and I gave it a shot and loved it.

What about it do you like so much?
In comparison to MX-S for example? To who would you recommend it?

says Footwork footwork footwork
I agree. Slower really means more linear with less catapult. I really don't like the catapult of Vega Pro either so I prefer G1 to it as well.

Hey NextLevel,

Since G1 is harder than R7, do you have to actually hit harder to engage a bit more sponge to create a safer attack with an arching topspin?

Did you have to adjust your stroke at all from R7 to G1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
What about it do you like so much?
In comparison to MX-S for example? To who would you recommend it?

I wrote a review but I would say that G1 is the best rubber of the ESN generation that includes Baracuda, Hexer, Genius, Xplode, Vega Pro etc.

It is for people who want durable spinny rubbers and aren't necessarily looking for the fastest stuff. It has Tenergy like throw angles but with less speed and better blocking characteristics as it is less spin sensitive from the sponge catapult. But the price for value is where it really shines as you can get 4 sheets for roughly $120, making it a bargain in this era of overpriced rubbers which may suit pros but does nothing for amateurs.

I think it can suit a wide variety of players - it definitely isn't as much work as MX-S to use. I know a guy who couldn't use anything but Tenergy until he used G1. It feels hard when it starts but it gets softer and the topsheet is very very grippy. It takes much less effort to get heavy spin.

Reactions: domac101 and Jirrex
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hey NextLevel,

Since G1 is harder than R7, do you have to actually hit harder to engage a bit more sponge to create a safer attack with an arching topspin?

Did you have to adjust your stroke at all from R7 to G1?

Sent from my i Phone using Tapatalk

G1 is very easy to brush with. The topsheet is very grippy, almost like Chinese rubber. It is slower than Tenergy and only a little slower than Rakza 7 but I never played Rakza 7 for extended period. My club mate who did said he preferred G1 and thought it was an improved Razka 7 when he tested it ( and this was without my asking for that comparison). He uses a Tenergy right now but just liked G1 for the control. I can play very slow spinny loops during warmup without much effort - that is how grippy G1 topsheet is and how easy it is to spin with it. Again it may not be for everyone but lots of people will like it if they try it. It is the most popular rubber in Japan for good reason.

A lot of these rubbers while old play better with plastic than with celluloid. G1 is one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex and alas26
says Footwork footwork footwork
G1 is very easy to brush with. The topsheet is very grippy, almost like Chinese rubber. It is slower than Tenergy and only a little slower than Rakza 7 but I never played Rakza 7 for extended period. My climate who did said he preferred G1 and thought it was an improved Razka 7 when he tested it ( and this was without my asking for that comparison). He uses a Tenergy right now but just liked G1 for the control. I can play very slow spinny loops during warmup without much effort - that is how grippy G1 topsheet is and how easy it is to spin with it. Again it may not be for everyone but lots of people will like it if they try it. It is the most popular rubber in Japan for good reason.

A lot of these rubbers while old play better with plastic than with celluloid. G1 is one of them.

Thanks for the info. I’m excited to try it once my sheet of R7 on the Bh is done!

I’ve been praising R7 for the BH since I’ve started to use it but I found a great deal on G1 that I couldn’t pass up to try it.

Here we go!

Sorry to deviate this topic a bit from the original context...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk