Robot Professional

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
you can look into taiwan made robot, they seems to be cheaper and more range of programmable stuff. But the down side I heard is the quality is not consistence.

I don't think robot cannot improve you, but if you still around beginning to average, it still a good tools. I have played with wide range of players last year, including those who has the potential to become china province B and C team player.

To be honest, they are totally a different level. During warm up/practice drill, they could consistently putting the ball back to the same spot, which is very important. Most of the average player, like me, could not do it on 99% of it, maybe around 80%.

When we go into like match simulation practice, then they can do lots of unpredictable moves.

So back to robot, at least the robot can provide you the first condition, a consistent return. This is good when you need to develop your skill for better muscle memory, and more consistent hitting. However, the down side is although you can program the damn robot, but it might cause less variation, especially on the serve and return part.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are certain things you can work on with a robot. If you know what you are doing you can work on certain mechanical details of the stroke. You can work on placement and footwork.

Vince, you are playing with real humans sometimes. So, hitting with a robot can help as long as you are not only hitting with a robot. Because the scenario when you are hitting with a robot is not like hitting with a real person and it is not like what happens when you are playing a match and the opponent is trying to hit the ball so you cannot return it.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
I agree with Vince. Given the option to train with a robot or not train at all, I'll take the robot every time. I too have a family and I might get to practice one every 3 weeks if I'm lucky. Apart from that, the only other practice I have is the 2 minute warm up before a match. Therefore for me, having a robot to practice my shots against will be invaluable. I need to improve my consistency and that is something a robot will help me with.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Hi everyone,
I have just purchased the amicus advance. Would have got the professional but I did not want to wait 2 weeks ;)
Still going through testing/fun phase at the moment.
just to say that setup was a breeze and the whole unit is light enough that makes it manageable for most people.
I got Velcro tabs with peel off type tape that are meant to be stuck to the corners of the table so that the net on both corners of the table will be secured. I don't like the idea of taping anything to a surface of an expensive table for the fear of peel off of paint...etc. I did not use them as the catch net stays in place well enough on its own.
After turning on the power it makes a few clicking sounds momentarily that the instructions say is the machine self testing itself. But there is this slight and constant ringing when the machine is on and idle that I wonder if it is normal and wanted some feedback here from other users of this product whether that is normal? One does not here the ringing during play but only when idle. I am used to it as it is not annoyingly loud but more concerned is all. Can anybody verify the ringing with there machine?
Regards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Well I have the Y&T 989H (this is the same as Tibhar but it is the own brand from the factory).
It is very good to increase fitness, practice footwork, practice some shoot (if you know what you are doing technically). The underspin balls are a bit weird ...
All in all this is a very good purchase.
But as mentioned earlier you need to mix it with real play as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
i improved a lot with my robot, this will replace a daily personal trainer which will costs a lot of money

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hello People.

I have replied to a very old thread about the butterfly table tennis robot, however, I thought I would start a new thread because this one seems to be the latest incarnation of the machine.

http://www.teessport.com/table-tenn...-amicus-professional-table-tennis-robot-p8945

Looking at this set of videos it seems that you can set it up to do anything you like. Does anyone on here have one? What do you think.

Here is the instruction manual that comes with the machine.

I believe that video is of an old version of amicus. Here is the ad for the new one: