How to play for a professional club like FC SAARBRÜCKEN-TT in the Bundesliga?

says Table Tennis is the best sport
Feb 2024
Hello, I am very interested in the professional German table tennis league (Bundesliga), and I would love to play for a club in Germany competing in the Bundesliga. (By the way im only 15.) How would you join one of these clubs and get onto their elite team for competing? I came to the forums because you guys are pros at answering all my questions. Thank you in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello, I am very interested in the professional German table tennis league (Bundesliga), and I would love to play for a club in Germany competing in the Bundesliga. (By the way im only 15.) How would you join one of these clubs and get onto their elite team for competing? I came to the forums because you guys are pros at answering all my questions. Thank you in advance.
whats your USATT rating

Feb 2024
I currently do not have a USATT rating because I do not think it will do me any good because in 4 or 5 years I am wanting to move out of the country and start playing in Germany. Do you think that is something that I should get? I am interested in playing in tournaments in the US but I would need to get a USATT rating. I'm also thinking of playing in the Bundesliga once I graduate highschool so then i move to Germany. I am a very advanced player and I am aggressive, but I never considered getting a USATT rating.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
I am a very advanced player and I am aggressive, but I never considered getting a USATT rating.
sus

IMG_5445.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Play a lot of tournaments in the us so you can show them, that you are a good player, other than that, i dont see a chance.
You need to proof yourself in tournaments and so

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I currently do not have a USATT rating because I do not think it will do me any good because in 4 or 5 years I am wanting to move out of the country and start playing in Germany. Do you think that is something that I should get? I am interested in playing in tournaments in the US but I would need to get a USATT rating. I'm also thinking of playing in the Bundesliga once I graduate highschool so then i move to Germany. I am a very advanced player and I am aggressive, but I never considered getting a USATT rating.
well, find a couple of USATT 2500 or 2600 players (between your age now to 16 years old)
if you can beat them, then maybe you can try out for the FCS U19 team

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
domestic (USA) tournament is useless
dude needs to be about WR50 to be considered

Tony, if he doesn't have any sanctioned tournament experience and does not have a real idea of his actual level (provided this is not someone trolling you guys), would your recommendation be that he continue to not play tournaments of any kind and not find out what his actual level was?

If he is as good as he thinks he is, after a few tournaments, he will know some better players, and better players will start to know who he is. Right? If he is beating 2500-2600 level players he will get to know a lot of them very quickly by playing a few good US tournaments.

But, why is anyone having this conversation without video footage.

TTscoTT, if you want people to be able to give you information on how to get yourself into the German Bundesliga, you should start by posting some footage of match play.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Tony, if he doesn't have any sanctioned tournament experience and does not have a real idea of his actual level (provided this is not someone trolling you guys), would your recommendation be that he continue to not play tournaments of any kind and not find out what his actual level was?

If he is as good as he thinks he is, after a few tournaments, he will know some better players, and better players will start to know who he is. Right? If he is beating 2500-2600 level players he will get to know a lot of them very quickly by playing a few good US tournaments.

But, why is anyone having this conversation without video footage.

TTscoTT, if you want people to be able to give you information on how to get yourself into the German Bundesliga, you should start by posting some footage of match play.
I'm basically putting a level to the age of what kind of level he needs to be beating to try out for the FCS u19 team.

how he get to that level (or not), is another topic. I am focusing on his topic on how to join them and there are only a single handful of kids in the USA who can reach that level at 15~16.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm basically putting a level to the age of what kind of level he needs to be beating to try out for the FCS u19 team.

how he get to that level (or not), is another topic. I am focusing on his topic on how to join them and there are only a single handful of kids in the USA who can reach that level at 15~16.
Not just in the US but in any part of the world. It is normal to come into the Bundesliga in a lower division and play your way up on merit while learning the league into a higher division. And between being a foreign national (limited spots for players who are not EU citizens) and performance pressures, there are lots of world class players in the lower divisions.

It is borderline delusional not to be a world class star and expect to debut in divisions 1. Even the German top talents do debut in division one, they play their way up because they start the lower leagues at a younger age.

Even in the lower leagues, there are sometimes opportunities to play the top league or for the top league to have a player need to get some reps in a lower division. If you are serious about TT and sure to perform, it is a good place to develop skill. Again, there are lots of players who played at an extremely high level (top 100 WR or 2700‐2800 USATT) who never did better than division 2 in German league. It is extremely competitive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
...(provided this is not someone trolling you guys)

If he is as good as he thinks he is...If he is beating 2500-2600 level players he will get to know a lot of them very quickly by playing a few good US tournaments.
OP is either a troll or delusional.
He says "I am a very advanced player and I am aggressive". Honestly, that kind of set-up he claims to be using, is pretty slow and more the beginner/low-level type of stuff, so what are the chances that his question is genuine? I for myself highly doubt that an "advanced" player would be using Hinomi rubbers.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OP is either a troll or delusional.
He says "I am a very advanced player and I am aggressive". Honestly, that kind of set-up he claims to be using, is pretty slow and more the beginner/low-level type of stuff, so what are the chances that his question is genuine? I for myself highly doubt that an "advanced" player would be using Hinomi rubbers.

Yeah. There is a reason I said: "provided this is not someone trolling you guys". Which is yet another reason why there is no need to comment without video footage.

I mean, do we really think there are kids in USA who are 2700+ level who have never played a USTTA sanctioned tournament? That good an not yet sponsored?

Reactions: Jimbob MacInbred
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

And I am basically saying, "is it possible for someone to be anywhere close to that level while never having played in an actual, sanctioned tournament, in the country in which he lives and plays?"

And if he hasn't played in any USATT tournaments and doesn't have sponsors and doesn't know his actual level and isn't just trolling the forum, why even give advice without seeing video footage of his standard of play first. :)

@TTscoTT: I recommend you post some video footage of you playing matches with people who are your level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Just for reference: FCS has three teams
- 1. Bundesliga: Darko Jorgic (QTTR 2583), Patrick Franziska (QTTR 2536), Yuto Muramatsu (QTTR 2508) 1)
- 3. Bundesliga Süd: QTTRs between 2208 to 2442 2)
- lower local league QTTRs between 1009 to 1304 3)

QTTR 2508 would be no. 48 in the world
QTTR 2208 would be no. 81/82 in Germany. No. 81/82 of around 190000 active players... 82 = p/100 * 190000 -> 0.043 percentile

1) https://www.tischtennis.de/ligen/tt...ype]=2&cHash=2bd8cc3cf285b4db33b2edd1cccdf5f4
2) https://www.mytischtennis.de/clickt...a-Sued/gruppe/444478/mannschaftsmeldungen/rr/
3) https://www.mytischtennis.de/clickt...-Grp-B/gruppe/445409/mannschaftsmeldungen/rr/