Rubber change or stay with the same?

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Cheers Anders, well its decided then...I'm changing to calibra LT sound (confirmed) for BH and Boosts TP/TX (haven't decided for this yet). I'll be trying out TX this weekend, on my club mate's blade. Not playing this week, since I just finished a 3day tournament over the weekend. It was a team event, 3 singles..lost in the semis 1-2, but won 3rd place overall. Thx again buddy.

Mar 2011
Rhydian...that's a major hurdle for you, it's like getting approval from the sponsors, except it's 10 times harder. hahahaha good luck. BTW, excellent choice of rubbers. Hopefully, your blade won't act as if it was possessed anymore since she's getting new rubbers!! hehehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Thanks ^^
I made a pause and didn't look at my selection for a certain time. Then, when I look now or later, I'll surely find things that I don't like and so on and finally, I get the rubbers :D
(A friend of mine told me that he is sponsered by Joola and has 50% off so maybe I'll buy Joola X-Plode anyway and two or another rubber more but lets see ^^)
If someone still has ideas and can tell me something about the rubbers, please do it :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Please have this in mind :
Staying with the same rubber is still a good choice (but seeing your previous set, its quite expensive and the 'mom' barrier also lol)..
New rubber could mean new technique, new approach, new problems..

Its good to try things out but I think borrowing from your pals to see whether it suits you is a better idea, dont forget to see the rubber attached to the rubber you try to.
Good luck, God bless and have fun in your search..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
If you are still thinking about trying Nimbus I forgot about its durrability factor. It doesn't last very long, and that was pretty disappointing. I'd say within about a 4 month period I found myself having to put a lot more effort innto my shots to get the same results as when it was new and it wsa chipping around the edges like crazy. It definitely lost its "pop", but so far the Genius has held up phenominally, and I've had to reglue it about 4 times over the past 7 months due to aggressive pushes that caught the rubber and peeled it up (but the rubber saw no damage or chipping!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Thanks!
@YosuaYosan: That's why I want to change ^^

I think I'm going to buy the two Xiom rubbers. In fact, while I was in the tournament in Belgium, I asked a player if he wanted to warm up with me and he said yes. He played the Xiom rubbers I mentionned. We changed blades and it felt really good! I really liked them! (His blade was also a xiom blade but I looked up and the difference to my blade was not much).
Guess who that guy was?
Jang WooJin. Actually ranked 36 on the ittf ranking for the U18 Players! Damn :O

What do you know about the durability of them?

Mar 2011
I use Xiom Vega Pro, and I have to say it's exceptional. It's a good rubber, but since I use Boost TP on my FH, it's 2 notch slower. The good thing about it is that it's very forgiving, and quite durable. You may stand far from the table, & hit a high looping topspin, and 9 times out of 10, the ball will find the table, with super top spin. Go for it!!