Rubberquestions (no, their already bought!)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NextLevel, did you boost it, or just glue it on?

Sent from TheDepthsOfTartarus via TheHouseOfHades

Missed that detail - it's already prefactory tuned. And you know me, the only boosting I do is with my wrists - turbo boosted elbow and wrist snaps!

This user has no status.
I know. Im just to lazy and weak so I need the boost bad! :)
Seriously, if anyone felt the 38deg to stiff, put som mojo on there. Right from the get go. Sponge actually feels unboosted in the pack. Stiff.
Once 6 layers of paraffin got on there it was all mushy mushy..
Great balance! Tack on serves and a sponge you do NOT have to engage like the DHS ones... feels much more as a euro rubber.. I actually love it. I thaught the Rakza 9 would be my best friend, but the big dipper hold the spot for now.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here is the not so politically correct response to some of those:

But I just realize it is someone who doesn't understand my dart board theory so I just repeat it. There are so many good rubbers and blades that would all work. Once you choose a setup, you just play with it. When the rubbers are worn, you get to decide if you want to try the next best thing or keep the same old best thing.

Sent from MountDoom via TheRingOfPower

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Todays session over the table felt like a baertrap.
I could NOT catch a break. It was one of those days I guess.
Pretty sad. Ever since we baught those new rubbers Ive gotten my ass handed to me.. It ain't the rubbers on my blade. Its just that hes combo is SO MUCH better than the ones he played before. Hes using an old stiga stellan bengtsson with Rakza 7 now. SUCH a nice match..

:grrr:

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I say you need to steel that Stellan Bengtssan blade from him regardless of whether it is the cause. You may have to hypnotize him and convince him that the Bengtssan blade is actually yours and that he never actually had one. There must be a Strong Bad video on what you need to do and how to do it. :)

Reactions: Liten
This user has no status.
Played 4 more sets to 21 this evening. I dont whant to sound like a goon, or worse, a Nut(ty) P(rofessor).. but...
Today my buddy was on fire. Sure, ive had better days, but once I start trailing behind I usually can crawl inside my head, put on that foo fighters song and just rip a new one in this guy.. been doing it for quite a while. Not now. Its like an out of body experience seeing him change gears and just hammer me down my shoes. He had it all today. Speed, spin, control, mixing hes game short and long all the time. But most impressive of all, hes confidence. Every shot he made just boosted hes ego. Felt like a circus-act in the end. He plays traditional penhold. I sent a really tough smash down hes BH and insted of trying to back up, he does a spin like a ballet-dancet and catches the ball with hes back towards me. The return isnt hard but it catches my corner.. :D
Hats off!

I made a vid of our play. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
So, a few hits today. Not anything serious, Im in to much pain, but I can't resist! :)

Big dipper is some what of an enigma right now. Plays like chinese rubbers with euro sponge wich makes it feel a litte flat when you compare/combine it with a euro rubber. Can't make up my mind how to best utilize it. Its decent on both FH and BH (great for the money). But compared with rakza 7 it lacks grip and speed. Don't missunderstand, Its got tack! You can get great spin on serves if you really dig in with your wrist. In play, its harder to utilize it. Overall it is a bit more sensitive to incoming spin and does not generate as much spin as the rakza 7. Great value, but there are better rubbers out there for sure. Boosting did not do a whole lot, not the way I did it anyhow. The Rakzas have a bit more speed, more catapult effect and does not feel flat. The sponge on the BD feels harder already from when I boosted it last week. :/

This user has no status.
Duelling Ban(jos)das
2447409fe786e791c1ef517cca476908.jpg

9a51337f329ec814d3caaa5bdf864a34.jpg