Rubbers from AliExpress with NOT MAX thickness

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Hello there! I like to block and loop close to the table. Sometimes I flat hit but normally I try always to spin the ball. I don't feel the ball with the rubbers in MAX sponge thickness(2.3,2.2,2.1). At the moment I use 729 Geospin Tacky on FH. The rubber has thin, very hard but really grippy topsheet and the sponge(about 39 DHS) is like 1.9 or so(ordered in MAX but the quality control 🤣). Despite the name of the rubber after a year of playing it is almost non-tacky. I don't want to spend lots of money so I wanna buy from AliExpress. Are there any rubbers like 729 GT? But with the thickness choice.
You can say "why don't I get a sheet of GT?" Ok, I already have a sheet. But the rubber has REALLY LONG break-in period. I want something hybrid'ish. Or even tensor'ish.
P.s. looking for a BH rubber, main criterias are: hard, grippy and not thick topsheet, not thick sponge. And not dead'ish. I have a bottle of booster but don't really like to boost. The sponge hardness really doesn't matters.

My current BH rubber is Stiga Mantra H. I want something similar but thinner and harder topsheet and thinner sponge. May be a bit slower.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
My recent experience with Loki Rxton 9 was a bit of an eye opener . Allegedly MAX stands for maximum thickness that a manufacturer is producing this specific sponge. So it is possible you can get a rubber with 1.9MAX , or 2.1 MAX etc.Some manufacturers also use the " MAX" to say that when we order a 2.1mm MAX we might still only end up with a 1.8mm sponge................

This user has no status.
Hello there! I like to block and loop close to the table. Sometimes I flat hit but normally I try always to spin the ball. I don't feel the ball with the rubbers in MAX sponge thickness(2.3,2.2,2.1). At the moment I use 729 Geospin Tacky on FH. The rubber has thin, very hard but really grippy topsheet and the sponge(about 39 DHS) is like 1.9 or so(ordered in MAX but the quality control 🤣). Despite the name of the rubber after a year of playing it is almost non-tacky. I don't want to spend lots of money so I wanna buy from AliExpress. Are there any rubbers like 729 GT? But with the thickness choice.
You can say "why don't I get a sheet of GT?" Ok, I already have a sheet. But the rubber has REALLY LONG break-in period. I want something hybrid'ish. Or even tensor'ish.
P.s. looking for a BH rubber, main criterias are: hard, grippy and not thick topsheet, not thick sponge. And not dead'ish. I have a bottle of booster but don't really like to boost. The sponge hardness really doesn't matters.

My current BH rubber is Stiga Mantra H. I want something similar but thinner and harder topsheet and thinner sponge. May be a bit slower.
729 produces rubbers practically only in 2.1 mm thickness with some exceptions. There is a 1.8 and 2mm option for the 729 FX, but they are practically not offered at all. It is the same for DHS, the minimum thickness is 2.1 mm.

This user has no status.
Well yes, if it says 2.0mm MAX then that means with this rubber the sponge thickness will be MAXIMUM 2.0mm.
Allegedly, MAX does not mean 2.2 or more mm.
nope, it says 2.2mm in the description, but someone measured it and it was 2.0mm and it said 2.2mm max

I don't know if that's still the case, I tried big dippers before, to me they did feel like it was 2.0mm. Very easy to engage the sponge all the way to the blade. Now things can be different, or it depends from batch to batch. who knows, it's the Chinese QC after all :))

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
nope, it says 2.2mm in the description, but someone measured it and it was 2.0mm and it said 2.2mm max

I don't know if that's still the case, I tried big dippers before, to me they did feel like it was 2.0mm. Very easy to engage the sponge all the way to the blade. Now things can be different, or it depends from batch to batch. who knows, it's the Chinese QC after all :))
Indeed, this interpretation of "MAX" basically means they could simply classify all sponges as MAX and the actual thickness of the sponges shall be in the laps of the gods 😂
the next step of course will be : "All rubbers are BLACK" and of course when you order , you might get anything between black, red, yellow blue or nipple-pink 😂😂